KR Models announced intention: Haydock Foundry 0-6-0WT 'Bellerophon'

Edwardian

Seems like the old "kill the messenger" syndrone.    Keith does not like his feathers being ruffled.  If you are not with him you are against him mentality.  Many of us saw through him right from the original GT3 release,  while others gave him the benefit of the doubt only to have it thrown back at them.  For Keith,  any critisism is a hostile act,  not seen as a critique or trying to be helpful to get the best product possible for all.  

I think there are some areas KR Models could improve particularly with it's customer service, and customer relations, however I have seem some promising signs that they could be a manufacturer that will succeed in a very positive manner, I do believe that KRM needs to have a Monthly Newsletter that isn't "this is a particular thing and here is a table with a general update for all projects", as it is something that helps when you feel as if you can get to know the modellers behind the business a bit more through the newsletter (Rapido has to have the best newsletter in the industry from my perspective because of that), however not wishing to turn this thread into a general gripes thread about KR Models I suggest we leave it there and focus on the fact we're getting a model that would not have happened (most likely) had KRM not taken it on.
Whilst it is not perfect (what model is?) I would say that we are looking at a very promising model that should serve reliably on many layouts for many years to come.

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, BVMR21 said:

I think there are some areas KR Models could improve particularly with it's customer service, and customer relations, however I have seem some promising signs that they could be a manufacturer that will succeed in a very positive manner, I do believe that KRM needs to have a Monthly Newsletter that isn't "this is a particular thing and here is a table with a general update for all projects", as it is something that helps when you feel as if you can get to know the modellers behind the business a bit more through the newsletter (Rapido has to have the best newsletter in the industry from my perspective because of that), however not wishing to turn this thread into a general gripes thread about KR Models I suggest we leave it there and focus on the fact we're getting a model that would not have happened (most likely) had KRM not taken it on.
Whilst it is not perfect (what model is?) I would say that we are looking at a very promising model that should serve reliably on many layouts for many years to come.

You should have been on BGT last night. You are certainly a better comedian than the Norwegian fellow. I suggest that you go back to the start of the KR saga and read up on a bit of the history. As for the leave it there comment, that is up to Andy.

Bernard

• RMweb Premium

I really don't envy those who have to deal with the general public, I think many rail enthusiasts (I'll include myself) would try the patience of Jesus never mind mortal souls. It's not something I'd want to do, there will of course be many positives and opportunities to interact with all sorts of erudite and engaging people, unfortunately there's the opposite end of the spectrum to deal with too.

That said, if you're going to go into retailing then it comes with the territory and anyone in that line needs a thick skin and good personal skills. I think KR are knocking it out of the park with the subjects they're selecting, including several of my grail models. Unfortunately their delivery still needs some work. If they were a bit more receptive to feedback and a bit less prickly I think a lot of the heat around them would dissipate. I think most people want them to succeed and to see their delivery improve, I can only speak for myself but I really hope they deliver an excellent product that makes me want to hit the 'buy' button. As things are the best thing they could do is probably to just go silent on the basis that if they're not saying anything they're not digging their hole any deeper. 

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

@jjb1970 I think a lot of what you say is absolutely correct, and I'm sure we certainly all want KR Models to succeed, but it is difficult to get enthusiastic about a brand and their products when the head of that company seems hellbent on setting some kind of world record for Weapon Grade A-holery.

• Like 2
  • Agree 5
  • Funny 2

I'm always impressed by this community in general - it is positive, it is can-do and it is more tolerant of 'dissenting views' than many. Everyone, I am certain, wants KR to be a successful company, to deliver outstanding models, and to earn our cash and loyalty. These things are hard - we hope for them.

In return, it's a community that doesn't expect (or deserve) to be treated like fools; consistent, reliable and informative brand communication is becoming the norm. These things are easy. It is not unreasonable to expect them.

Get the easy things right, and there's loads of scope to struggle with the hard things whilst keeping public support.

Make a pig's ear of them, however...

Edited by Schooner
Sp!
  • Like 4
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold

i’m a bit confused how KR are judging people who ask questions on Facebook about whether they are a customer when KR models products are available through retailers as well? Surely it’s not unreasonable to for someone who has ordered through a retailer to ask KR a question direct on Facebook?

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

Can I hazard we go back to discussing the model at hand?  There's enough issue taken with Bellerophon so far without keening on KR as a whole.   I imagine there's a thread for that already.

I'd also not want to see the thread locked, as happened with DJ Models.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold

The reason for this is that the photo and video "evidence" issued by KR Models does not appear to match their written descriptions/claims.   They seem reluctant to address this appearent discrepancy when asked to do so on their Facebook pages and seem to respond negatively to those that do the asking.  This inevitably leads to discussion as to why...

We would love to discuss the model at hand but, in the absence of clarity on what "is" or "is not" being provided "valve gear wise", this is somewhat dfficult.

Cheers

Darius

Edited by Darius43
  • Agree 11

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, AlfaZagato said:

Can I hazard we go back to discussing the model at hand?  There's enough issue taken with Bellerophon so far without keening on KR as a whole.   I imagine there's a thread for that already.

I'd also not want to see the thread locked, as happened with DJ Models.

There is a thread, I would link to it but I set it to 'ignore'. Seems some folks would rather clutter up every darned KR  thread with unsolicited and pointless critiques of their business methods- which I'm no fan of, for the avoidance of doubt.  

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
51 minutes ago, spamcan61 said:

Seems some folks would rather clutter up every darned KR  thread with unsolicited and pointless critiques of their business methods

Probably because KR Models business methods frustrate "every darned" product.

This is the thread I think you are referring  to:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Darius43 said:

We would love to discuss the model at hand but, in the absence of clarity on what "is" or "is not" being provided "valve gear wise", this is somewhat dfficult.

Which suggests there is little else to say on this model - for the moment. Like most KR threads, we've reached the stage of generating more heat than light.

I suggest this thread goes back to talking about the specific model. If you want the more general thread, it's linked to above.

Thanks

• Like 3

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, BVMR21 said:

I do wonder how much Bellerophon will be able to pull

I'm sure it will be capable of pulling scale loads in excess of what the real loco does with the diecast content. I do wonder why some people get hung up on that with small locos.

• Agree 6

1 minute ago, AY Mod said:

I'm sure it will be capable of pulling scale loads in excess of what the real loco does with the diecast content. I do wonder why some people get hung up on that with small locos.

I personally just like it to be able to pull 3 Bachmann MK1s without wheelslipping, as then know it will pull the trains I have in mind for it (which admittedly are only some Hattons Genesis coaches and some Bachmann Colletts).

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, BVMR21 said:

I personally just like it to be able to pull 3 Bachmann MK1s

I'm sure it will but why don't you ask them?

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, BVMR21 said:

I personally just like it to be able to pull 3 Bachmann MK1s 

4 hours ago, AY Mod said:

My guess is you would get a one word reply.

Either "Yes"  or  "No"    😀

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AY Mod said:

17 minutes ago, Colin_McLeod said:

My guess is you would get a one word reply.

Either "Yes"  or  "No"    😀

Or be simply blocked for asking too many questions

• Round of applause 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

Or be simply blocked for asking too many questions

I've blocked the occasional person on here for asking too many dumb questions too. :)

• Like 3
  • Funny 8

2 minutes ago, Bluebell Model Railway said:

To finish off on what is and what isn't working I decided to use their Facebook before like everyone else gets blocked 😅

But they basically confirm its not fully working because parts will be too thin or too small... 

Screenshot_20230607-150432~3.png

Now why could he not have said that in the first place?

It would have avoided a lot of aggro.

Bernard

• Like 2
  • Agree 11

On 05/06/2023 at 21:33, Ryde-on-time said:

i’m a bit confused how KR are judging people who ask questions on Facebook about whether they are a customer when KR models products are available through retailers as well? Surely it’s not unreasonable to for someone who has ordered through a retailer to ask KR a question direct on Facebook?

You are better off asking questions here as the slightest hint of negativity/critique on facebook sees you blocked from their facebook page. 

At least kr models (pronounced modellls) isnt in direct control of what is posted here

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

I feel that I know what I'm getting with this product and can make an informed decision, and, indeed, I have done so.

That this results from a period of interrogating the available data on this thread and direct communications with the manufacture shows that the manufacturer's marketing has tended to exaggeration that has obscured the actual position to a great extent. While that is not as many would hope and there is surely room for improvement, we nonetheless have more clarity now, and I have to balance any criticism of how the manufacture has handled publicity with the knowledge that manufacturers are often damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Would I have phrased my claims for this product as KR has done Well, obviously not. Having poked around the issue and come to a conclusion, do I feel the need to be particularly agitated about how KR handled things Well, no, not really. 

• Like 7
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3