KR Models announced intention: Haydock Foundry 0-6-0WT 'Bellerophon'

Edwardian

Ordered the preservation brown model, does look like a reasonably complicated loco should look good with a Barclay or something. I’m guessing the EP should be arriving within the next couple of months so that will be good to see.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, James Harrison said:

I've just had an email confirming that my order (placed August last year) has been received and is being processed.  I'd be surprised if that means that they're incoming right now.

Very common recently accross the whole KR range. Best to ignore them! 

Edited by Pre Grouping fan
Spelling..
  • Agree 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, BVMR21 said:

Apparently Bellerophon EP or something is at Warley(?) so shouldn’t be long till some photos are shown (hopefully)

Yes, I saw it this morning, it did look very nice!!

Tony

13 hours ago, BVMR21 said:

Doesn’t look too bad for an EP, looks like the running plate and boiler are diecast(?)

Running plate and boiler diecast (and a nice weight to it when Micheal basically threw it at me when I was there yesterday) detailing is fab, loco has a nice balance to it as a result. Sadly the EP got clouted in the post so a lot of the fittings were loose, but nothing a quick dab or two of super glue wouldn't fix.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Din said:

Running plate and boiler diecast (and a nice weight to it when Micheal basically threw it at me when I was there yesterday) detailing is fab, loco has a nice balance to it as a result. Sadly the EP got clouted in the post so a lot of the fittings were loose, but nothing a quick dab or two of super glue wouldn't fix.

Sounds good, shame about the post but it happens!

• RMweb Gold
55 minutes ago, drt7uk said:

Did anyone at Warley ask KR when the finished locos were expected? I was there but forgot to ask. Still on course for summer next year?

Everything I found I put here..

Would be nice if KR made something similar,

but i’m happy to update as they publish any new info as an informal source.

Edited by adb968008
  • Informative/Useful 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 17/12/2022 at 11:53, The Stationmaster said:

Although in fact the valve gear is not working (damaged in the post?) because the radius rod and the valve rod it drives aren't moving.  The eccentrics don't appear to be working separately. which would probably be very difficult in 4mm scale in a mass produced model.

Difficult, but not impossible. the Fleischmann T3 had this in 1985, and again in 2011 with the "Berg", the Trix/Marklin King Ludwig in 1993 and Trix/Marklin T3 in the early 2000s

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

Price and other factors included I would argue that the valve gear as it is works as well as can really be expected, it will obviously have compromises due to the scale but any there are (idk what has been compromised on seeing as I haven’t studied the prototype fully) doesn’t seem to detract from the model.

Also just a few days before Xmas a proper running video was uploaded which is useful, seems to run smoothly throughout!

• Informative/Useful 1