REALTRACK models announce Class 143 and Class 144

Andy Y

3 minutes ago, Ragtag said:

Must admit I'd assumed it was the Realtrack tooling, EFE seems an odd choice of brand if this is something they've tooled from scratch.

If it's not a Kader-tooled product, then EFE is the natural place for it, surely?

• Agree 6

3 minutes ago, Ragtag said:

Must admit I'd assumed it was the Realtrack tooling, EFE seems an odd choice of brand if this is something they've tooled from scratch.

Likewise, I thought that the EFE way of operating was that companies with tooling could make them and then sell them via the EFE range as part of accessing the distribution. However, its looking more as if tooling might for some sit with the factory and perhaps EFE is commissioning these as they then become available for further production and sale. 

Theres a lot of its, buts, maybe as those thinking about this really don't know and I would also assume this is heading towards legal territory if Intellectual property has been infringed. 

I do really feel for Charlie and Arran and the team. They have done a superb job bringing models and it has not been easy for them going up against established competition. As much as we welcome further models of things we would like, done at the expense of those genuinely developing the sector and industry just isn't on. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
14 minutes ago, Ragtag said:

The LSWR cross country coach set is tooled from scratch I think?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, The Black Hat said:

As much as we welcome further models of things we would like, done at the expense of those genuinely developing the sector and industry just isn't on. 

Ruddy Bachmann trying to regress the sector. 😆 

Anyone would think these people are in it for the purposes of charity.

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
Just now, 'CHARD said:

Ruddy Bachmann trying to regress the sector. 😆 

Anyone would think these people are in it for the purposes of charity.

And if it were your IP (investment) that was being “benefited” from, would you find it funny?

Roy

• Agree 12
  • Funny 1

1 minute ago, Roy Langridge said:

And if it were your IP (investment) that was being “benefited” from, would you find it funny?

Roy

I wasn't chuckling at that, Roy, rather the tired cliche of large company = bad, plucky little guy = untouchable.   I note that elsewhere on the forum, the idea of IP perjury has been discounted, so I think that's probably for the birds.

There's a trusty cohort who decry everything announced by the 'majors' when, yet again, 66048 in falling down an embankment livery (see also 'Dog's Ar5e With A Hat On' livery) isn't in the new release schedule, but something genuinely looking to expand access to products actually is.

For the record, I can state with certainty that I'm neither in the market for the gamboling 66048 or any post-1968 Pacer devices.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Round of applause 2

1 hour ago, 'CHARD said:

I wasn't chuckling at that, Roy, rather the tired cliche of large company = bad, plucky little guy = untouchable.   I note that elsewhere on the forum, the idea of IP perjury has been discounted, so I think that's probably for the birds.

There's a trusty cohort who decry everything announced by the 'majors' when, yet again, 66048 in falling down an embankment livery (see also 'Dog's Ar5e With A Hat On' livery) isn't in the new release schedule, but something genuinely looking to expand access to products actually is.

For the record, I can state with certainty that I'm neither in the market for the gamboling 66048 or any post-1968 Pacer devices.

This wasnt a case of large company = bad, plucky little guy being untouchable. If anything the model railway sector has a case by case basis, although it helps when some companies can persuade others not to be too critical. DJ Models was a case in point (rightly so) of being taken to task, and KR models have had their fair share of questions and interest. Bachmann have been able to move on the sector in a number of different ways, but they too are not so untouchable and often spin more in statements than someone working out of Westminster. It nice to see some of their new staff not taking this option every time, but the EFE range has been a bolt on to Bachmann and allowed them to maintain distance to other things they are selling through their network. 

Realtrack have been brilliant at bringing some of the things to the front, such as decent lighting, making models where the kind of seats matter as much as the livery, orange door lights and good running quality. This is more a case of defending and loyalty for the hard work Charlie and Arran have done and a genuine case where the small team has done brilliantly and outshone the potential any thought they would show. 

Charlie has been honest enough about some developments in the 142 thread and no one wants to see people out of pocket, especially when facing bills and having something a lot less than a welfare state to fall back on. It will be interesting to see if things like this repeat again in the future. 

• Agree 10
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

On 02/02/2023 at 14:07, The Black Hat said:

This wasnt a case of large company = bad, plucky little guy being untouchable. If anything the model railway sector has a case by case basis, although it helps when some companies can persuade others not to be too critical. DJ Models was a case in point (rightly so) of being taken to task, and KR models have had their fair share of questions and interest. Bachmann have been able to move on the sector in a number of different ways, but they too are not so untouchable and often spin more in statements than someone working out of Westminster. It nice to see some of their new staff not taking this option every time, but the EFE range has been a bolt on to Bachmann and allowed them to maintain distance to other things they are selling through their network. 

Realtrack have been brilliant at bringing some of the things to the front, such as decent lighting, making models where the kind of seats matter as much as the livery, orange door lights and good running quality. This is more a case of defending and loyalty for the hard work Charlie and Arran have done and a genuine case where the small team has done brilliantly and outshone the potential any thought they would show. 

Charlie has been honest enough about some developments in the 142 thread and no one wants to see people out of pocket, especially when facing bills and having something a lot less than a welfare state to fall back on. It will be interesting to see if things like this repeat again in the future. 

We are at BRM Doncaster this weekend with 48 Class 144 Northern & Northern Serco Abellio 'Seconds' @ £75.00.  All are good runners but have slight defects like 'Missing Exhausts, Scratch Marks, Lamp Brackets broken & door Grab Handles or Windscreen wipers missing.  First come, First served.

Charlie

IMG_0654.JPG

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, charliepetty said:

We are at BRM Doncaster this weekend with 48 Class 144 Northern & Northern Serco Abellio 'Seconds' @ £75.00.  All are good runners but have slight defects like 'Missing Exhausts, Scratch Marks, Lamp Brackets broken & door Grab Handles or Windscreen wipers missing.  First come, First served.

Charlie

IMG_0654.JPG

Gonna be kicking the door down at 09:30!

B87C78E1-5200-484F-B0FD-E0DB4C677E34.jpeg.0fd207bb0571d11aeb733a6af1fa7709.jpeg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, big jim said:

Gonna be kicking the door down at 09:30!

B87C78E1-5200-484F-B0FD-E0DB4C677E34.jpeg.0fd207bb0571d11aeb733a6af1fa7709.jpeg

Thank you all for your support, ALL sold out before 1.00 pm.

20 more going tomorrow. 

Perfect ones too @ £180.00

See you there.

Charlie

Edited by charliepetty
  • Like 8

Am I able to clarify here? Are you still proposing to release GWR 143s? I have no interest in a weathered example. 

I have waited 10 years plus now for a Wessex 143 that has often been proposed but not released, is that something to give up hope on? 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
On 10/02/2023 at 23:23, charliepetty said:

Charlie

IMG_0654.JPG

Hadn’t read the post above. Delete if possible. 

Edited by richierich
Hadn’t read the post above. Delete if possible. 
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
On 13/02/2023 at 09:34, charliepetty said:

Back from Doncaster, WOW!     100% sold out of 143 & 144 units, 64 sold in total.

Watch the website for more 'offers & spares'

Good sales but a good price too. 

I heard Doncaster was busy and like rugby scrum, so wouldn’t have enjoyed it. 

missed out on a dead WYPTA - Arriva 144 on eBay tonight 😔

I’d better keep an eye on the site to hopefully catch the “offers and spares”. 

Edited by richierich
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Ive been after a Northern 144 that long its not even funny anymore.

If I werent 1000 miles from Doncaster last weekend i’d have dropped everything and gone there !

Will there be any more at Model Rail Scotland ?

Show deals are annoying because even you’re there, you wouldn’t necessarily know until it’s too late. Memories of the Bachmann stall at Warley with seconds about ten years ago spring to mind, five or six deep while some clear the stall out. 

No plans to head to Glasgow too far away from Gods own country 🤣

Would there be any offers at the York Show or other local shows in Yorkshire? 

Edited by richierich
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, richierich said:

Show deals are annoying because even you’re there, you wouldn’t necessarily know until it’s too late.

Show deals do however seem to be on the decline, I think the Realtrack one was about the only one I saw there that wasn't already available online and was actually worth entertaining as a deal.

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, richierich said:

missed out on a dead WYPTA - Arriva 144 on eBay tonight 😔

I might be putting by WYPTA up on eBay at some point, I got it from Charlie as a non runner at warley but it’s working fine, possibly just tail lights not working on DCC,  I picked up a northern one at Doncaster so will probably replace the WY one with it when I can build up the courage to get the chip back out! 

14 hours ago, adb968008 said:

If I werent 1000 miles from Doncaster last weekend i’d have dropped everything and gone there !

hindsight is a great thing but had I known you were after one I’d have picked you one up! 

• Like 3