REALTRACK models announce Class 143 and Class 144

Andy Y

• 1 month later...

Charlie, Some more of 144017 in two car formation in 1987

87 046 130687 Hull 144017

img0999-00-01-013

144017144017 Leeds

And in again in York in May 1991 with what looks like a 2 car formation (by 1988 144017 was 3-car); So could the centre care have been taken out for maintenance and the unit run as 2-car in to 90's? 

img08-240 York station - 01/05/1991

Infact this is in Doncaster in February 1994

FC015473.  144017  running as a 2 car, Doncaster.  08-02-1994.

Edited by chewy81
  • Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi Charlie, 

I hope you are well? 

If you don’t mind me asking is this a new batch of ATW and Metro liveried Class 143s and 144s that you have for sale at the moment or are these stocks that you found that were from the first batch a few years ago? 

I ask because I thought that new and future batches of 143s and 144s were due to be delivered in 2023 and 2024 after the next batch of 156s have arrived in early 2023 and the 142s also in 2023. 

I’m just not sure if I have missed something somewhere. 

Also are the ATW Blue on the 143s and Metro Red on the 144s the only liveries that you have available on these classes at the moment, or are there other liveries available now too? 

Thank you in advance. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, adb968008 said:

There was damaged ones for £75 but they soon went.

yeah, straight in your ikea bag! 

I missed out on the damaged Arriva ones but did pick up the last metro one, just need to see your break down of them to see If it’s an easy fix other wise it’s motor out for dead haul or a display cabinet item! 

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

On 27/11/2022 at 01:31, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

Hi Charlie, 

I hope you are well? 

If you don’t mind me asking is this a new batch of ATW and Metro liveried Class 143s and 144s that you have for sale at the moment or are these stocks that you found that were from the first batch a few years ago? 

I ask because I thought that new and future batches of 143s and 144s were due to be delivered in 2023 and 2024 after the next batch of 156s have arrived in early 2023 and the 142s also in 2023. 

I’m just not sure if I have missed something somewhere. 

Also are the ATW Blue on the 143s and Metro Red on the 144s the only liveries that you have available on these classes at the moment, or are there other liveries available now too? 

Thank you in advance. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

Watch this space for Northern Blue ones !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 27/11/2022 at 01:43, big jim said:

yeah, straight in your ikea bag! 

I missed out on the damaged Arriva ones but did pick up the last metro one, just need to see your break down of them to see If it’s an easy fix other wise it’s motor out for dead haul or a display cabinet item! 

Finally got my £75 non running 143 unit out to have a look at this evening, absolutely stunning, was gutted I didn’t manage to grab an Arriva one……

……until I put this one on the track and it worked straight out of the box! 

obviously needs chipping up but I’m really chuffed with it, and I can get away with it on the heritage line! 

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 1

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, The Black Hat said:

Am I seeing the Realtrack 143/144 breaking cover under the EFE range? Did Realtrack get other models made at the time so that they can then do a few liveries of their own on the same production run. Would be an inspired bit of creative working if that was to be the case...  

Exactly the same question I came here to ask also... Very interesting if so.

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, The Black Hat said:

Am I seeing the Realtrack 143/144 breaking cover under the EFE range? Did Realtrack get other models made at the time so that they can then do a few liveries of their own on the same production run. Would be an inspired bit of creative working if that was to be the case...  

In the EFE Thread, Arran seems to say that they are not RT’s tooling nor have they given permission or license to EFE to use there toolings. So that would appear to be a different tooling…

• Agree 2

10 minutes ago, XChris said:

In the EFE Thread, Arran seems to say that they are not RT’s tooling nor have they given permission or license to EFE to use there toolings. So that would appear to be a different tooling…

I find that surprising, it's not highlighted as new tooling and I can't imagine a duplication battle over 143 / 144s. Is the tooling rapidos then and the EFE releases commissioned through them? I can't see how it would be possible for EFE to use the tooling without permission

• Agree 3

2 minutes ago, GordonC said:

I find that surprising, it's not highlighted as new tooling and I can't imagine a duplication battle over 143 / 144s. Is the tooling rapidos then and the EFE releases commissioned through them? I can't see how it would be possible for EFE to use the tooling without permission

Hello,

I think that EFE only distribute models they don't actually produce them, therefore when Arran said they had not licensed EFE to use their tools this would be factually correct but that all is above board, ie Realtrack produce the model, EFE only distribute the product.

Dave

• Agree 5
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
52 minutes ago, Derekstuart said:

Are you all sure this is the same tooling? It doesn't appear to me to be the same.

it looks identical to me. It’s stated it’s not a new tool so where else has it come from. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

It definitely puts a different slant on the new models if RealTrack hasn't had a payday out of them.

It seems to me a very odd choice of prototype to compete over if tooling up from scratch. Surely in terms of numbers, the Class 142 would have been better to switch to over the past 9 years since the RealTrack 143/144 has been out. Also note the EFE ones dont seem to have been tooled with the original marker lights either which Bachmann normally tools.

Totally agree about price if the Class 150 is £300 RRP then why are these £250

• Like 3
  • Agree 4

29 minutes ago, GordonC said:

Totally agree about price if the Class 150 is £300 RRP then why are these £250

They're probably cheaper because they have half the number of wheels and axles.  

• Funny 8