SWAG Member's Day - 24th April 2022

Stubby47

7 hours ago, woodenhead said:

I didn't think the West Country was that far away from me, Strewth, is it barbie time

Well I was only 148 miles away, and still in the west country....
Good journey up, and back (2hrs 10 mins each way), and a very enjoyable 3 hours at SWAB.
Even managed to procure some Welsh Cakes to bring back to the Village for some Welsh evacuees stuck down here.
And Barbies?  There's a few doll's way down west, but barbies (cookers) are banned from our beach(s).
Second time since March 2020, I've been further east than Truro.
It was good to see some familiar (if looking older) faces again.
Next week Bristol............

• Like 7
  • Round of applause 1

Sadly had to miss this year due to work, but at least I didn't have the indignity of working a train to Taunton, as I did last time I missed it. Next year I plan t be there with Malmsmead (009) and/or (like)Creede (HOn3)

• Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Gold

As always, a really enjoyable day, good to meet old friends again.

If anyone has any further questions about the Modulus system I was demonstrating,  please do ask.

• Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

Let me guess...

Crabtree?

Well, as a matter of fact, yes. Because I can't commit to the rehearsal schedule, I have no claim on a real part in the production, but for the read-through I was a handy sub for a missing actor. Sherry and I will cheerfully be bit-part players as required, she may be offered something more interesting as well.

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

Excellent day,  fantastic crowd and a good range of layouts and exhibits.  Well done to all concerned in organising the event, brilliant stuff, really enjoyed it.

See you all again next year...

Ian

• Like 3
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold

It looked like you all had a great day. I feel thoroughly cheated by Covid for missing it. Well done organising team and thank you for the live stream Phil (and the shout out CK!). 

I look forward to catching up with everyone again soon. 

Best wishes,

Nick.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 9

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Brinkly said:

It looked like you all had a great day. I feel thoroughly cheated by Covid for missing it. Well done organising team and thank you for the live stream Phil (and the shout out CK!). 

I look forward to catching up with everyone again soon. 

Best wishes,

Nick.

Is there a link for the live stream - I assume its a recording too?

• RMweb Gold

Fantastic day,

Came to help Richard with Orchard Road…..operated for a hour and a half and then the rest of the time went very quickly wondering around talking to very friendly like minded people…..Sorry Richard…..but I did get back in time to pack the layout away!

Well done to all for their efforts organising and exhibiting. A unique and enjoyable day.

Regards,

James 

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

Is there a link for the live stream - I assume its a recording too?

just google BRM facebook to get here  https://www.facebook.com/Britishrailwaymodellingmagazine/

on the RHS on its side is the stream Phil does straighten up. I think he was over excited as the vidoe jumps about a bit. It is the thought of  pasties and cake obviously 

Don

Edited by Donw
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

1 hour ago, Mark Forrest said:

That's me back home after my first visit to a show in over 2 years.

Big thanks to Chris for allowing me to play trains and to Rob and the rest of the SWAG crew for putting on such a relaxed, friendly and enjoyable day.  A few photos of Polly the Parrot:

20220424_142110.jpg.03d5ec742ad2701191982d4d27be8ca9.jpg

20220424_152316.jpg.b476a5424f7c19b2c66cc079e3aec83b.jpg

20220424_113353.jpg.968bbd6e1153c03fd5f84aa69da9b8a8.jpg

20220424_113040.jpg.cf527e426b7e36bfbdb815fd302a96fd.jpg

I thought this was a cracking layout, very atmospheric, with an unusual track plan, thanks for bringing it along.

cheers 

• Like 3
  • Agree 4
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, SouthernRegionSteam said:

Ahead of editing the hundreds of photos that I took today (it will take me a few days just on its own; nevermind trying to keep on top of work as well!), I just wanted to reiterate my thanks for what was, yet again, another amazing event. The SWAG Members Day, with no exageration, is probably the highlight of both of the 2 years that I've attended - it really is more like an informal gathering of friends and likeminded modellers. Plenty of banter, plenty of cake, plenty of outrageous shirts, and oodles of happy faces and exquisite modelling.  Whilst I do love wandering around other exhibitions, nothing really compares to this event, in my view.

My utmost thanks to Rob @NHY 581 and the rest of the dedicated team for putting on such a top-notch event, and always with a smile. It was great to be back, and it's a show I wouldn't miss if I could avoid it - I was actually due to help my parents run our village exhibition today, but SWAG takes priority - and is well worth the 1.5hr trip from the New Forest. It was great to see old and new faces and have a good ole natter, and I am honored to have been given the controls to @DLT's Bridport Town for the last hour or so of the show. It's a fantastic layout, and a lot of fun to operate. I can't remember the last time I operated someone else's layout, and I'm glad I didn't manage to destroy the level crossing gates!

Whilst I get started on editing the photos, I'll leave you with @queensquare(Jerry)'s magnificent shirt, oh, and of course his beautiful layout, Tucking Mill:

2044471770_TuckingMill-1-Jerryandhisshirt.jpg.2272139ef0df40eac8987bcc44d29cc8.jpg

Looking forward to seeing the images after you have processed them. Hopefully there's a few of Polsarrett in there. 

I hadn't noticed just how many coat hooks Jerry had fitted to his layout fascia. 

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, 2ManySpams said:

Looking forward to seeing the images after you have processed them. Hopefully there's a few of Polsarrett in there. 

I hadn't noticed just how many coat hooks Jerry had fitted to his layout fascia. 

I thought the same, and I had to do a double take when I edited that photo a few minutes ago! 

It was great to meet you and Polsarrett today, and I will of course tag you in the post once I've got the photos edited. Hopefully I will have done your layout justice - it certainly looked fantastic 'in the flesh'!

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1