ย 

SWAG Member's Day - 24th April 2022

Stubby47

• RMweb Gold

ย 

Morning all.ย 

ย 

LAST CALL FOR SWAG.........I REPEAT LAST CALL FOR SWAG................

ย 

24hrs from now, all being well, I should be collecting the keys for Staplegrove Village Hall..............then getting the tape measure out..

ย 

ย 

REMEMBER- DOORSย OPEN 10AM CLOSE 4PM

ย 

ย 

LAYOUTS.

ย 

Polsarrett- A return to 4mm by Spams with his cameoesque presentation of the North Corwall china clay industry. Unspeakably unspeakable things were done to resin buildings in the course of this build.ย 

ย 

Bridport Town- DLT's seminal rendition of 7mm narrow gauge. Recent changes haveย been made to this wonderful layout, changes which I for oneย  can't wait to see.ย 

ย 

Pig Lane- Clive Mortimer's motive power depot set, perhaps unusually these days, pre-tops and on the Oxfordshire/Bershire border and presented with the considerable panache that Clive brings with it. Jyst look for the Caped Crusader sat in the corner...

ย 

Penmaenbach-Gilbert's rendition of the 1980s scene using what I would describe as an enhanced inglenook configuration. Recently featured in Railway Modeller. Beautifully weathered stock operatedย  using DCC with automatic uncoupling by way of Kadees.ย 

ย 

Ladmanlow- Normally operated from a windswept hillside in Derbyshire, we've enticed Al down from his mountain retreat with the promise of a pasty. Cromford and High Peak at it's best as featured in BRM. For one I can'tย wait to see the dry stone wallage, each stone cut and laid individually by Al who is still recovering. We've even licated him opposite a large door which we'll open up to mirror the temperature of a Derbyshire hill top.ย 

ย 

Parkend Siding- Re6/6 brings hisย expansive slice of the Forest of Dean. Built to P4 standards and displaying John's considerable scenic talents to their fullest, this lovely layout proves that industry doesn't have to be all satanic mills and grime. Adjacent to John will be the BGman bazaar featured treasures from the estate of the late Grahame Hitchen. Please give generously. All proceeds to a good cause. ( Cash only please)ย 

ย 

Peasevern- 37114's 7mm Bristolย set layout is perhaps diametrically opposed to John's Parkend. Inner city industrial meets 1980s blue diesels. Rob shows just how practial 7mm diesels can be and thatย  you don't need a large industrial unit to house a 7mm diesel layout.ย 

ย 

L'Heure Bleue-Barry Ten brings his HO morceau de Paris now in extended format to provide a bit of culture to the proceedings. Beautifully modelled, in an unmistakably French suburban setting andย  supported by splendid lightingย effects. Think Saturday Night Fever meets railway modelling. Al will be assisted by Marc Smiff and Dave Stone (Wenlock of the Parish ) who is rumoured to be recovering from a discotheque relatedย  leg injury .ย 

ย 

Upbech Drove- Mullie providesย another grippingย  chapter of his Great Eastern EM gauge odyssey. Martyn's traditional approach to the subject gives us hand built trackwork, scratchbuilt buildings and a mix of adapted rtr and kit built locos and stock. His wonderfully subdued colour palette is spot on and is quite something.ย 

ย 

Orchard Road- Mudmagnet and his lovely blue diesel TMD in OO. This shows just how competently the world of rtr can be combined with scratchbuilding and latterlyย 3D printing. This ,along with Richard's splendid weathering demonstrates just how well things can be integrated and improved upon to produce something quite unique. Expect Richard to have a selection of his own 3D printed goodies available to examine, discuss and purchase.ย 

ย 

Tucking Mill- Queensquare will be demonstrating just how stunning 2mm finescale can be.ย  I am at a complete loss to understand how he does what he does but he does it !ย  Now, thanks to Jerry, we can all see just what would have undoubtedly become a legendary light railwayย that sadly North Somersetย  missed out on. However, it's not all about the locos etc. The scenic setting created by Jerry is really something special in itself and for anyone who knows it, unmistakably that of the Horsecombe Vale. 1920s light railwayality at it's mostย accomplished.ย 

ย 

Ewe- That's mine. A bit of a departure for me into the world of 1960s small diesels. Much in the way weedy trackwork and general overgrowness.............if I get it finished in time...( still a work in progress, why oh why do I do this to myself)ย 

ย 

Stubby..........Stu will have all sorts with him including something very new and innovative......and technically damn good......As well as his now customarily triumphant scenic extravaganza in the form of Castell although he seem to have laid the rails a bit close together...

ย 

ย 

TRADERS.ย 

ย 

247 Developments - Brian will have his usual selection of goodies. Not only plates but a splendid range of detailing parts. If there is anything specific, make contact with Brian ahead of the show ( Be quick !!!)ย  and arrange to collect tomorrow.ย 

ย 

BGman Bazaar- As alluded to above. From the estateย of the late Grahame Hitchen. Our good friendย  Grahame,ย  in his lifetime of modelling in several different scales,ย  amassed a considerable stock of materials, paints tools etc. The will be plenty available at very reasonable prices. Buy in theย safe knowledge that monies generated will go to a good cause.ย 

ย 

Bring and buy- A reminder to raid cupboards for those items no longer required. Seek out Aidan's post further up the thread for details.ย 

ย 

Catering- A variety of consumables will be available to be.......er....consumed. Please can visitors bring their own mugs if possible to reduce the need for the catering team to wash others dishes etc.ย 

ย 

Entry is FREE.........however, in line with exhibitors and 'staff', please register for a COVID pass prior to attending and conduct an LFT 24hrs ahead of attending. Yes, I know this is perhaps a tad out of step with other events but this is requested with one thing in mind...................everyone you will be standing alongside and rubbing shoulders with will have done the same and is as safe as you are.ย 

ย 

Lord and Butler and other visitors/exhibitors etc are unable to attend due to contracting the virus.ย 

ย 

Masks are at the wearers discretion. Doors and windows will be open if practicable(weatherwise)ย  on the day.ย 

ย 

Hand sanitiser will be dotted about the place.ย 

ย 

Please fill in a card on entry, name and contact number only and drop in the box. These won't be looked at unless we need to and will be disposed of in 21 days.ย 

ย 

A very limited number of LFT kits will be available. But ask yourself this, WHAT HAPPENS IF I TEST POSITIVE AT THE VILLAGE HALL. To avoid being prodded outside with a very long bargepole ( at least 2m in length) TEST PRIOR TO ATTENDING THE EVENTย  AS ABOVE.ย 

ย 

ย 

FINALLY- MOST IMPORTANT !!

ย 

We are all travelling to the event. Some are travelling a lot further than others. Please, take care,ย  have a safe journey and all being well, we can all finally catch up tomorrow and enjoy the day.ย 

ย 

As Dave Allen used to say...........

ย 

May your god be with you.ย 

• Like 9
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Gold

I donโ€™t know if it will be clear by tomorrow but there was traffic lights covering the village hall the work was past the entrance but it might restrict parking in the road outside

ย 

don

• Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium

Have a jolly nice jaunt tomorrow chaps, would love to be with you but circumstances and all that.

ย 

Hopefully catch up at LarkRail, if I'm allowed back into Bath again by thenย ๐Ÿ˜‰

ย 

FB_IMG_1642187914955.jpg.37d19abde9c1f017bcbe3a9cc27c4d48.jpg

ย 

• Friendly/supportive 5

16 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

Oh and here's a nice little question for someone who knows about the catering.

ย 

Whilst all is on track for me, myself and I to bring the pasties and pies up, in person on Sunday morning, I have to ask whether there will be any salad items available for consumption with said pasties or pies?

ย 

Or should we bring our own salads?

ย 

Having spent the best part of a day preparing salads and ploughman's lunches for the first event I did in 2017, and having sold 2, I'm afraid there will be no salad. - I like salad, but having to eat it for a fortnight after the event was not something I want to repeat๐Ÿ™‚.

ย 

By all means bring your own, plates and cutlery will be free.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 8

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, 2ManySpams said:

ย 

Wasn't just me that did that then, after carefully positioning it out of the way.

ย 

As an engineering project manager it was in your Gant chart well ahead of time. Tick.

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

I'm looking at those photos of fish and chips and now I want some. I will still want salad tomorrow with my piece of pie, but at the moment, I want fish and chips.

ย 

I blame it all on Spams and Mr Forrest, who are probably scoffing at panniers as they scoff their chips.

ย 

Still, there's always the 50 pasties in the next room.

ย 

• Like 1
  • Funny 1