SWAG Member's Day - 24th April 2022

Stubby47

• RMweb Gold

@SouthernRegionSteam, many thanks Jamie for the photos and comments, very much appreciated. At long last you get to see the layout! I started this over 12 years ago, how time flies and add a few details occasionally. Always good when someone else takes a few photos as often find different views from those that I usually take.

Thanks for the comments re the 3D printed items. For those interested, please follow link in my signature below.

ps, my son took over operation for the afternoon, so had chance to wander / chat with fellow RMwebbers!

Edited by mudmagnet
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

A huge thanks to the talented Jamie aka @SouthernRegionSteam for the excellent photographs to record the exceptional  modelling that was once again in attendance. 

The level of modelling only beaten by the warmth of welcome and friendship that makes this SWAG event not to be missed!

• Like 6
  • Agree 9
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

Next year Jamie needs to be sent round all the layouts to photograph them BEFORE the SWAG Day, so we can do exactly that!

I mean... I certainly wouldn't complain if it was turned into a 2 day event with the Saturday just for photography/videography... *ducks and runs for cover*

3 minutes ago, 2ManySpams said:

@SouthernRegionSteam

Jamie, the photos were well worth the wait, fantastic stuff. Makes me glad I put the effort in getting the layout almost complete. Thank you for spending the time taking and processing them, a great record of the day. 

One minor typo.... It's Polsarrett. 

Darnit! For some reason I keep swapping 'Pol' for 'Pen'. I blame Penmaenbach! I mean, you've got the name in big enough letters on the fascia, so it should be hard to get wrong... 😆
Duly corrected, thank you.

Anyway, I'm glad it was worth the wait, and again well done on getting it (almost) done in time for the show.

• Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, SouthernRegionSteam said:

I mean... I certainly wouldn't complain if it was turned into a 2 day event with the Saturday just for photography/videography... *ducks and runs for cover*

Darnit! For some reason I keep swapping 'Pol' for 'Pen'. I blame Penmaenbach! I mean, you've got the name in big enough letters on the fascia, so it should be hard to get wrong... 😆
Duly corrected, thank you.

Anyway, I'm glad it was worth the wait, and again well done on getting it (almost) done in time for the show.

I think we can blame SheepBloke for the confusion. He calls the layout anything but its real name. Usually involves reference to inflatable parrots for some reason. You're more than forgiven, particularly as my other layout is Pencarrow...

• Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon Jamie, 

To add to what has already been said, thank you for these wonderful photos of all our layouts and of the day as a whole.  You've created a splendid record of SWAG'22 for us all to enjoy. 

To that end, I can offer official confirmation that you can officially officiate  as the Official Unofficial Photographer officially appointmentated to SWAG. 

Looking forward to next years event, you will be granted unlimited pre-event backstage  access to all areas............

Thank you once more. 

R

• Like 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 3

• RMweb Gold
21 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Afternoon Jamie, 

To add to what has already been said, thank you for these wonderful photos of all our layouts and of the day as a whole.  You've created a splendid record of SWAG'22 for us all to enjoy. 

To that end, I can offer official confirmation that you can officially officiate  as the Official Unofficial Photographer officially appointmentated to SWAG. 

Looking forward to next years event, you will be granted unlimited pre-event backstage  access to all areas............

Oh no, the mindboggling announcements have begun already!
Does this official unofficial post include a free translation service to convert unofficial/official/preannouncements/preannouncements of announcements into common English? 🥴

On a serious note (if such a thing is possible), I am flattered - and never expected these photos to be so well received, so many thanks all.

With the last set of photos now up, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their kind comments and likes/reactions on my photos.

Layout owners; you are all more than welcome to use them on your layout threads, or where you deem appropriate. If you could attribute me, that would be a bonus as a lot of work went into processing the photos. The same goes for those who wish to do their own write-up on the event elsewhere; including the BRM/WoR team, and organisers of the SWAG do etc. I can provide digital high-res versions of all photos on request.

If we had an extra day I would've returned to take some video, but as it was I ran out of time despite being there from 9am - 4pm! The calibre of the layouts is as good as, if not better than any paid exhibition; and the fact that exhibitors come from across the UK shows just how well-respected this Member's Day is.

Well done to Rob for taking the reins from Stu this year, and I hear preparations are already in full swing for next year; where we'll get to enjoy yet another packed, friendly event... I for one can't wait! It is no exaggeration to say that I have never left a show feeling more inspired and more eager to get a plan for my next layout done, and work to get said layout started.

All the best,
Jamie

Edited by SouthernRegionSteam
Typo!
  • Like 8
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 4
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, 2ManySpams said:

@SouthernRegionSteam

Jamie, how you you like to be attributed if the photos are used elsewhere? 

Good question. I usually ask for my full name and website, but just Jamie Warne will be more than sufficient for this!
Edit: As Al says above is perfect, and very much appreciated.
Ta!

• Like 1

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, Donw said:

it would be nice if some of Jamies photos got used by BRM

Phil and I have just been plotting. 

• Like 13
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
17 hours ago, AY Mod said:

Phil and I have just been plotting. 

thosemagnificentmenandtheirflyingmachines_390.jpg.418066bdc51c0ffb78dd8d89771a9641.jpg

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 14

• RMweb Premium

I would like to add my great thanks to Rob, his team, and everyone involved in the Swag-Fest whether they were organiser, caterer, exhibitor, or visitor (and not forgetting Photographer-in-Chief Jamie) for such a hugely successful day.  After a while it felt like we'd never been away and the last two years was a bad dream to be put firmly behind us.

I was so pleased to be able to bring Bridport; having done Narrow Gauge South in Eastleigh on Saturday, its the first (and probably last) time I've done two shows in two days.

Particular thanks to St.Simon and Dad, and to Jamie (taking a break from photography) for the time they spent operating.

Once again my thanks to all. 

Dave.T

PS  Anyone coming to Exeter in June?

• Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

I particularly liked this small diorama using the gate from Church Ope Rd. I pass it at least once a week so interesting to me as a local to see how it has been used on that quay. Not sure anyone else has posted a photo.

Penn Cas crop IMG_1830.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, DLT said:

I would like to add my great thanks to Rob, his team, and everyone involved in the Swag-Fest ...... After a while it felt like we'd never been away and the last two years was a bad dream to be put firmly behind us.

Dave.T

PS  Anyone coming to Exeter in June?

Absolutely Dave, now you've prompted me to look at the Exeter show listing. I see you'll be there with Bridport and some sheep obsessed bloke is also due with Bleat Wharf 😉

• Like 5