SE&CR 5 and 7 plank open wagons.

rapidoandy

2 hours ago, Andy Hayter said:

.... OT but I bet you never went to H&M a few streets down from Euston Station.  Cramped but full to the gunnels with all sorts of gems - and Gems.  I accept as a retail experience it was in some ways lacking but as a source of goods probably impossible to beat at that time.

Depends what you want from a 'retail experience' .... talking to and learning from the guys at Hobbytimes, Kings Cross, Hamblings, W.&.H. & Victors, to name but a few, was a fantastic experience ! ................... and retail ? - yes I've still got boxes and packets of bits with many of their labels on ! 

Anyway, back to Rapido wagons again - looking very good and I am so glad I too pre-ordered.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 24/01/2022 at 14:10, SRyan said:

These are now on the way according to Rapido’s facebook page. Very excited to receive the three I’ve ordered!

Some are already here.;)

273007599_344240487685647_4358656395326054902_n_480x480.jpg.9798dd2b0931d98cb475ea6afb75071e.jpg

• Like 5

18 hours ago, rapidoandy said:

Indeed we do have a few here in the UK :-)

IMG_6337.JPG.0477fe5b5307daa4947c86767019372b.JPG

IMG_6336.JPG.2111d29b5fefa864ee6f25f4672d5794.JPG

IMG_6335.JPG.597ca451b1e123d6a7bbf9ee7af887df.JPG

Andy

Awaiting my order eagerly from my local dealer.

Like the bus rally in the background. Now all we need is a Rapido London RT. Pretty please.

All the best

Ray

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, wainwright1 said:

Awaiting my order eagerly from my local dealer.

Like the bus rally in the background. Now all we need is a Rapido London RT. Pretty please.

All the best

Ray

I would say agree apart from the RT.  Not that I didn't like RTs - of any of their varieties although I much preferred London's trolleybuses to the i/c engined machines - but I wouldn't buy one (unlike the forthcoming Bedford OB which I eagerly await and which, like these wagons, I will order via my local model railway purveyor).

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Mr chapman said:

A bit late in the day, but can you tell me if the nem pockets were designed at the correct height for a kadee? Certainly not the end of the world but perhaps something to consider going forward :)

If they are built in accordance with the NEM standard, the height will be right!

I don't expect this outfit to repeat the howlers perpetrated by others.

I'll almost be sad to remove them to fit my preferred "proper" (#146) Kadees. 

John 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

They are currently somewhere in Tilbury docks. We hope to have them this week but it is likely they will arrive at the same time as a container full of APT-E models. Logistically we can only deal with on at a time so the larger APT-E load will be dealt with first followed by the Chathams.

Not long now! 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I ended up buying rather more of these than I originally intended...

For what it's worth I'm very impressed.  They have a nice bit of weight to them and run well, and the brake gear in particular is exquisite.  I hadn't appreciated that the SECR was building wagons with brakes acting on only one side this late in the day.

The SR brown colour is a bit brighter than Bachmann's and Kernow's but I'm reminded of the comment by a Lancing paint shop foreman (quoted in one of the SR wagons books) that this was "the same as Pullman umber".

I am however going to have to do some serious weathering as they would never have looked so pristine in real life!

• Like 3