Cavalex - all new Class 56 in OO

AY Mod

8 minutes ago, rembrow said:

Rails website advises models due in to them today. When models are imminent/arrived the change from pre order to available usually causes the items to be frozen and unable to order for a short period

Thanks rembrow!

I've seen similar with other companies and suspected that might be the case... my heart rate might drop a little now, phew!

18 minutes ago, wombatofludham said:

The power of RMWeb...

Having updated my address with Trains4U a while back I realised I hadn't updated the new phone number which meant they had been ringing the now disconnected old number still on my order.  Thanks to the earlier posts saying payment was being taken I was able to give them a call to settle up.  Thanks for the heads up everyone!

I just need to rebuild the layout now.

When they called me I was confused by the number at first until my mobile identified it as Trains4U. 

Whilst I didn't see it on RMWeb first I had seen a post elsewhere from Cavalex saying they'd landed so instantly knew what it was about! 

31 minutes ago, 97403_Ixion said:

Thanks rembrow!

I've seen similar with other companies and suspected that might be the case... my heart rate might drop a little now, phew!

... and now showing many in stock again.

At the risk of being controversial, when these start to get received, can this thread not be ruined like several other threads with the whole "my motor doesn't work", etc stuff please ........................ 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
46 minutes ago, cambo74 said:

Rails just taken my payment so looking forward to 120 in Large Logo Livery .... now to renumber it to 124 or 133 ??

Ben

My LL 56 is destined to become 124 as well. I’ve got a BR Blue one on the way as well which will be renumbered to 060. The transfers are ready and waiting!

56124 was one of the first LL 56s I saw, which was just prior to it’s naming ceremony. The nameplates were covered over.

56060 I was lucky enough to have a little drive of at Toton,  when as a young teenager, my mate & I were shown round by a spare driver courtesy of the very kind foreman. 

IMG_9197.jpeg.dba58616d288e492686291e5e3972696.jpeg

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
27 minutes ago, Banger Blue said:

56124 was one of the first LL 56s I saw, which was just prior to it’s naming ceremony. The nameplates were covered over. 

Probably my favourite LL 56, I took a photo of it at Westbury Open day in 1985 when I was still at school and it was probably the best photo I took back then, sadly with a rubbish camera. Will have to dig it out and scan it.

Edit: and now thanks to @Banger Blue I have suffered FOMO and had to order a 56120 to go with my 56008. My wallet curses you... 😄  

Roy

Edited by Roy Langridge
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

As with the SLW 25, I'm stuck for cash for a couple of months so am having to ask the retailer if I can pay a bit for them to hold to until I can fully pay. Not great, and really could have done with them having come through last year when cash was a bit more available.

😔

• Friendly/supportive 6

2 hours ago, Southernman46 said:

At the risk of being controversial, when these start to get received, can this thread not be ruined like several other threads with the whole "my motor doesn't work", etc stuff please ........................ 

tricky one that . I’d be interested in hearing people’s reviews , good and bad inc anything that goes wrong . Whilst the caveat being , people tend to only write when stuff is wrong rather than praise . I’m not sure if Cavalex will want to do the intensive customer engagement and response that Accura do on their threads here , or have the time or resources ?

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Southernman46 said:

Personally I find those posts way more useful than the endless delivery (or lack of) reports that clutter up these threads.

• Like 1
  • Agree 6

I’m a bit confused by the 56 . Was it a preorder max quantity job ? I was thinking I might get one if the reviews are good , but collets don’t list the EWS one and trains 4u have the 60 preorder but no longer any list of cavalex in the diesel list ?

IMG_9549.png

13 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

I’m a bit confused by the 56 . Was it a preorder max quantity job ? I was thinking I might get one if the reviews are good , but collets don’t list the EWS one and trains 4u have the 60 preorder but no longer any list of cavalex in the diesel list ?

IMG_9549.png

Speak to John at Trains4u. Always helpful

30 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

IMG_9549.png

No it wasn't a max pre-order job. The retailers decided on their order quantities, pre order and general stock items, and we delivered to them to suit. I know that a lot of them are now selling through. Also I think a lot of websites are now changing over from pre-order to stock items so maybe give it a while to see where it lands after the changeover.

• Friendly/supportive 1

Hi all, hopefully not to add to the noise too much, but we're excited to receive our delivery this week (looking like Friday currently).

We have availability on all currently though we're down to our last two sound DC Rail ones (56091), we just updated the site to reflect full price rather than pre-order. 

If you have a pre-order with us (thank you!) we'll be sending invoices & payment links out over the next day. 

Our stock is here - https://ultimatemodelrailways.com/collections/cavalex-grid-class-56

As an aside - we have some TEAs, BBAs and PGAs that we'll add to the site shortly, plus preorders for the 60s. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, spamcan61 said:

Personally I find those posts way more useful than the endless delivery (or lack of) reports that clutter up these threads.

There's useful and then there's unhelpful whinging that could be solved by PM's

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold