Cavalex - all new Class 56 in OO

AY Mod

12 minutes ago, BritishRail60062 said:

I am going to be honest, The wait has been well worth it. I am looking forward to reviewing the DCR one on my YouTube channel when it comes to me and I am hoping to do it this weekend and get it up for all to see. I might get a Colas one later as I do modern day era but I will be looking forward to seeing other peoples videos and photos of their models in due course. Thank you Cav and Alex and co for bringing us these models. 

Seen a few people say the wait has been worth it, but I don't think it's been that long since it was announced. Feels like it's come together in a fairly normal timescale!

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Triumph1050 said:

To Cavalex in here. Will be wanting to fit a driver as soon as mine comes. Can you tell me if it's straightforward to get to the drivers seat? Thanks

This video might help mate

Skip to around 5:22 and it should clear the air. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, richscylla said:

Seen a few people say the wait has been worth it, but I don't think it's been that long since it was announced. Feels like it's come together in a fairly normal timescale!

My Pre-order went in June 2021.

Edited by APT Fan
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, APT Fan said:

My Pre-order went in June 2021.

That was as soon as it was announced. It's been just over 2.5 years from sending the CADs for tooling to delivery which we feel is very good going especially with the issues in China.

• Like 6
  • Agree 4

Personally I think CM has done really well as its about 30 months (2 and half years) to pull off a very much dedicated replica of a Class 56 with new technology that that never been done on a Class 56 before and from development to release. That is dedication given the circumstances over the last 3-4 years of happenings in the world. So well done to them for their efforts I say. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

On 23/01/2024 at 20:04, bradfordbuffer said:

If any one interested Ladbroke bookies are running a book on name of first YT first un boxing.....🙈

Odds on winner is.....

Cracking model...well done chaps!

Does 9 months ago count :-) 

edit - i just clocked someone else put it in here a few posts back too lol,  cant wait to have a play with the production model!!!

Edited by Erixtar1992
  • Like 2

Okay I will get a pack of Kato drivers and I will get a fitting tutorial done. The way I see it, it would take about 3 mins to add a Kato driver in the cab with a wee drop of PVA glue. Meanwhile my main focus is to get the review video all done and dusted whilst keeping it as organic as possible 😉.

2 hours ago, BritishRail60062 said:

Okay I will get a pack of Kato drivers and I will get a fitting tutorial done. The way I see it, it would take about 3 mins to add a Kato driver in the cab with a wee drop of PVA glue. Meanwhile my main focus is to get the review video all done and dusted whilst keeping it as organic as possible 😉.

Id imagine a spot of black tac would be quite good for fitting a driver ect, could be easily removed if ever wanted…

though im a ‘super glue ALL the things’ kinda guy so what do i know haha

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, Erixtar1992 said:

Id imagine a spot of black tac would be quite good for fitting a driver ect, could be easily removed if ever wanted…

Well I have learned a few hardcore lessons with superglue and sadly I would not recommend it for this kind of work because if you put the cab interior back in too soon (I would leave it for about 12 hours minimum to set) the fumes can haze the glazing and some plastics really don't like it at all. PVA is a much cleaner and safer option for me although I usually keep the drivers/engineers in the cab seat once its done and if I ever need to sell the model train onwards. The driver is always included and when I do clear out my older models. I do get a lot of feedback that they like it better with a driver in the cab that I have done. I really am looking forward to building up a wee fleet of these new Class 56's but I will have more of their Class 60's if anything mate in the long run :). 

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Erixtar1992 said:

I use Tacky Wax to fit figures. Perfect for the job and lets them sit flatter to the seat. 

Roy

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Triumph1050 said:

To Cavalex in here. Will be wanting to fit a driver as soon as mine comes. Can you tell me if it's straightforward to get to the drivers seat? Thanks

It’s very easy to drop the cab interiors out, they’re just clipped into the bodyshell. Driver fitting will be easy enough, but we have been scanned by ModelU (and @Revolution Mike In the modern crew with me!) for easy fitting into the cabs - simply pop out the factory fitted seats, and install the new seat with driver fitted.

See link below to both crew packs:

https://www.modelu3d.co.uk/product/10226/

https://www.modelu3d.co.uk/product/10225/

Kind regards,

Will

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Has anyone got a 56019?

The render images had it with the small Railfreight logo on the cabside, but just seen a retailer photo and it does not have the RF logo on it. Can anyone confirm if it has the RF logo - I am keen on RF liveries with the logo.

Thanks.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ruggedpeak said:

Has anyone got a 56019?

The render images had it with the small Railfreight logo on the cabside, but just seen a retailer photo and it does not have the RF logo on it. Can anyone confirm if it has the RF logo - I am keen on RF liveries with the logo.

Thanks.

Hi Tony - 56019 never carried the railfreight logos so the model doesn’t have them either. Depending on demand we’ll look at a loco in the second run with RF logos.

Kind regards,

Will

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, RBE said:

It's decorated as per the real loco, as are all of our models, in the condition that it was delivered in the mid 70s. When 008 arrived in the country it had BR blue handrails and the 8 had been applied upside down. 

THAT is a red-hot solid amazing piece of research 👌

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Resistance is futile.

A Colas grid will be on its way to me today.

Looking forward to recreating my little part of West Yorkshire.

56049563026M32Ravensthorpe19042022-RMweb.jpg.461a0f5ecb240fe8df9f0983ed4fae41.jpg

Edited by 4630
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, 4630 said:

Resistance is futile.

A Colas grid will be on its way to me today.

I've been having words with myself since yesterday...

"You don't need a Colas Grid... You don't need a Colas Grid. You haven't even seen one in real life! 

You bought a knackered Hornby BR Blue example to turn into 081 because you couldn't justify both celebs on a 6 foot plank...."

*Ping*

"Order confirmed... thank you for your purchase." 🙄

• Like 3
  • Funny 2

While I patiently await the knock at the door, my biggest problem is the internal whispers of “you need more HAAs”….swiftly followed by the less subtle realisation that SWMBO is going to be the one answering the door! With the SLW 25s also on the close horizon, I might not survive the month!

This is going to be fun comparing my existing EM1 fitted Biffo Grids to the new guard.

Having seen the BR banger blue one in the flesh on Peter P.C.M.'s Llanbourne layout, I was sorely tempted to order a version for myself. I have resisted up until today! I have now ordered 56 120 with sound from Rails. They haven't billed me yet as they work out the postal costs to Australia first then invoice it. Having just received several new models in the last few weeks, I really didn't want to add more expense to my credit card, but with these things one has to decide to order or risk missing out altogether.

Obviously I'll have to wait a bit longer than the UK locals, but we're used to that here on the opposite side of the world. 😄

• Like 2