Forum slow to load, internal links too.

• Moderators
7 hours ago, boxbrownie said:

thought you were off to play trains?

We did, a splendid day despite the biting wind. Smuts in the eyes and a shiny chuffer - whats not to like. 

I take it the forum has run OK in my absence today? If so, I must do it more often. 

• Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

It's been several days now since someone gave the server a harsh talking to, and since then the performance seems to be way better than we've seen in months.  I've not had a 52x error, and likes/mark as read are now happening almost instantly.

More an observation than a complaint, I do sometimes find that when I hit "next page" I can end up part way down, or even at the bottom of the page, not something that happened before.

All in all, a big thanks to Andy, and anyone else involved in sorting out the problems.

Adrian

• Agree 4
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, figworthy said:

More an observation than a complaint, I do sometimes find that when I hit "next page" I can end up part way down, or even at the bottom of the page, not something that happened before.

What browser and OS are you using?

For a long time now the forum has been almost unusable, very slow to open anything after the first 2 or 3 posts.

I have to close firefox and open everything again to make any progress.

Watching the load / read bar at the bottom it seems to be ad sites killing it, some of these take forever to load / read.

Also when going to "next page" this (eventually) loads at the bottom of the next page having initially gone back to the top of the current page.

Running windows 10 and firefox,  clearing cookies etc every few days.

Some months ago the National Preservation site was unusable like this, at this time Rmweb was fine, at the moment the other way round.

Pete

• RMweb Premium
41 minutes ago, figworthy said:

Windows 10/64

Firefox 96.0.3

Adrian

11 minutes ago, Nile said:

It's looking like a Firefox issue then.

My set up is exactly the same. I'm having no issues this week.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

I am still having periodic issues on iOS safari, load times are still slow (on a 500mb connection) but not as slow as last week.  A few times (including last night) I have had issues where it refuses to upload a photo.

The slowness is also there on my laptop at the moment, for example to load any other website it takes less than 1 second to load. RMWeb is taking >10 seconds

• Informative/Useful 1

4 hours ago, The Fatadder said:

I am still having periodic issues on iOS safari, load times are still slow (on a 500mb connection) but not as slow as last week.  A few times (including last night) I have had issues where it refuses to upload a photo.

The slowness is also there on my laptop at the moment, for example to load any other website it takes less than 1 second to load. RMWeb is taking >10 seconds

Suggest you clear the cache and web site data in iOS.

1.  Tap Settings and scroll down to Safari and tap it.

2.  Scroll down and tap Clear History and Website Data.

3.  Close Settings and continue with Safari browsing.

Depending on your laptop OS and browser, clearing the caches may also help.

John

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Just noticed that the forum has been slowing down considerably for the past 10 minutes or so.  Hope this isn’t a portent for the site crashing or a multi-week slowdown…

Darius

• Agree 1