Accurascale to produce 'heavy' 37714 for the Heavy Tractor Group.

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, njee20 said:

The flyer in the photos says it’ll be modelled “as pictured” which is present day condition with modern warning flashes. Not that clear though I agree. 

Thank you for the reply and information, I really appreciate it. 

I see what you mean but looking at what I assume is a sample of the model in the end photograph on the link it appears to have the old warning flashes on. 

Hopefully Accurascale and/or the HTG can clarify. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

15 minutes ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

Thank you for the reply, it’s greatly appreciated. 

I have just clicked on the link and looked at it and I can’t find anywhere where it says what condition it is being produced in. 

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Thank you in advance. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

Unfortunately , it looks like it's in BR condition on here...

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0dDywM2dB9Vo1Ef5JU3D9XCuZHQpAcjdSWd4Md2dZtsq3kC84vM8CbA16TmnUYnS9l&id=100063660625361&sfnsn=scwspmo

Given that, I will probably cancel my order as I thought given Cardiff Canton plates were being supplied that it was in preserved condition.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0dDywM2dB9Vo1Ef5JU3D9XCuZHQpAcjdSWd4Md2dZtsq3kC84vM8CbA16TmnUYnS9l&id=100063660625361&sfnsn=scwspmo

Given that, I will probably cancel my order as I thought given Cardiff Canton plates were being supplied that it was in preserved condition.

On the page you would have ordered from it says:

"The model will represent 37714 in the Railfreight Metals livery in an unnamed condition. All models will be supplied sparately with Cardiff Canton nameplates and Cardiff depot plaques in the box."

10 minutes ago, Modelu Chris said:

On the page you would have ordered from it says:

"The model will represent 37714 in the Railfreight Metals livery in an unnamed condition. All models will be supplied sparately with Cardiff Canton nameplates and Cardiff depot plaques in the box."

Exactly. So I think it would be fair to presume that it was being supplied in the condition as per the photos on the site, with the new overhead flashes minus plates, and then the Cardiff Canton plates to fit after. i.e., like this (pic taken from the site)

image.png.7d0ecdf7a247b74c6e51476978a6ca0b.png

If it is in 1980s/90s condition then why are they supplying Cardiff Canton nameplates? It wasn't called that until 2017 AFAIK.

Edited by TomScrut
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, TomScrut said:

I think you mean fortumately 😀

In the case of this loco, apart from:

- the warning flashes, which are easily changed, and

- the presense or absense of the namepate, again easily changed,

are there any other differences between BR and current condition? 

e.g. changes to windscreen, etc.?

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, BR Blue said:

It's a lot shinier now? 😎

• Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, BR Blue said:

Are you suggesting doing some M stuff?

• Funny 4

4 hours ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

Thank you for the reply, it’s greatly appreciated. 

I have just clicked on the link and looked at it and I can’t find anywhere where it says what condition it is being produced in. 

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Thank you in advance. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

The photo in the supplied link shows it in preserved unnamed condition with current warning flashes. Sadly no longer available to order……

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

The artwork shared is a mock up provided to the HTG to check the nameplate positioning for their upcoming model of 37714. They have requested the model be produced in BR condition as will have more use to modellers. However, in recognition of the outstanding assistance that the group has provided Accurascale from the very inception of this project we have agreed to provide multiple sets of etched nameplates, arrows and plaques to assist customers in representing the locomotive at various stages of its career. None of these will be printed giving the modeller the opportunity to customise their loco how they wish. The exclusive model of 37714 will be supplied with Thornaby TMD and Cardiff Canton nameplates plus the crest on the latter, Thornaby and Canton depot plaques, a set of arrows and, finally, the HTG's classic 'Tractor' headboard!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

2 hours ago, McC said:

The artwork shared is a mock up provided to the HTG to check the nameplate positioning for their upcoming model of 37714. They have requested the model be produced in BR condition as will have more use to modellers. However, in recognition of the outstanding assistance that the group has provided Accurascale from the very inception of this project we have agreed to provide multiple sets of etched nameplates, arrows and plaques to assist customers in representing the locomotive at various stages of its career. None of these will be printed giving the modeller the opportunity to customise their loco how they wish. The exclusive model of 37714 will be supplied with Thornaby TMD and Cardiff Canton nameplates plus the crest on the latter, Thornaby and Canton depot plaques, a set of arrows and, finally, the HTG's classic 'Tractor' headboard!

Excellent news, 90s condition was what im aiming for with my one and the fact theyre not printed also really helps out also 

NL

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
19 hours ago, TomScrut said:

18 hours ago, BR Blue said:

16 hours ago, McC said:

Screenshot 2023-09-08 at 11.50.22.png

0-assy-v4-37714.jpg

16 hours ago, Martin_R said:

The photo in the supplied link shows it in preserved unnamed condition with current warning flashes. Sadly no longer available to order……

9 hours ago, McC said:

Thank you everyone for the replies, information and help, it’s greatly appreciated. 

I was hoping that the model would be being produced in its most recent 2018/2019 to current 2023 condition. If it had of being I was considering enquiring about pre-ordering with it being an ex DRS machine even though it didn’t work with DRS in this condition or livery I was going to have it parked with other DRS locos as it was when it was been repaired and repainted at Derby RTC, and it is currently on the GCR at where up until recently also ex DRS machine 37605 was in Compass livery until it was removed to be scrapped. 

For those like me who would have bought the model if it was being produced in its current condition, searching through Flickr photos this evening I have found at least four differences but the current version and 1980s/1990s version when comparing to photos that Accurascale and the HTG have provided. The differences I have spotted are: 

1. In its current condition the detailing is painted out on the wheel sets in red and white whereas the condition of the Accurascale model for 1980s/1990s the wheel sets are only painted in black. 

2. In its current condition the loco has modern warning flashes on the bodysides, whereas the Accurascale model has the old style/BR warning flashes. 

3. In its current condition in at least one place there is a large indent/space between the numbers 37 and 714. On the Accurascale model the indent/space between the running numbers is smaller and less noticeable. 

4. On at least one nose end if not both the loco in its current condition doesn’t have the aerials fitted, whereas on both ends of the Accurascale aerials will be present and fitted. 

With these differences in mind, unless you would like to ignore these differences plus maybe other differences that I am unaware of and haven’t spotted in photos, this model isn’t suitable for 2018/2019 to current 2023 condition. That’s of course you are really knowledgable and confident of making several changes to a model of £170, then potentially maybe it could be changed to reflect the current condition of the loco in reality. For me personally I wouldn’t want to attempt to make these changes on a £170 model. 

I hope this information is of use to others who are maybe deciding whether this model is appropriate for their era, layout etc. 

I would like to wish every success to Accurascale and the HTG on the sale of this model, not that it needs it, it looks brilliant. 

Thank you for the help. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• Informative/Useful 1

13 hours ago, McC said:

I have recently moved to Thornaby and will be naming my layout as such - so having the option to base it in Thornaby is wonderful news for me.

I personally was hoping it would be in BR condition but knew with a bit of that thing called "modelling" it could be simply backdated (not a fan of "as preserved" condition models even though I have some)

I'm really pleased it turns out it will be BR condition.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

Thank you everyone for the replies, information and help, it’s greatly appreciated. 

I was hoping that the model would be being produced in its most recent 2018/2019 to current 2023 condition. If it had of being I was considering enquiring about pre-ordering with it being an ex DRS machine even though it didn’t work with DRS in this condition or livery I was going to have it parked with other DRS locos as it was when it was been repaired and repainted at Derby RTC, and it is currently on the GCR at where up until recently also ex DRS machine 37605 was in Compass livery until it was removed to be scrapped. 

For those like me who would have bought the model if it was being produced in its current condition, searching through Flickr photos this evening I have found at least four differences but the current version and 1980s/1990s version when comparing to photos that Accurascale and the HTG have provided. The differences I have spotted are: 

1. In its current condition the detailing is painted out on the wheel sets in red and white whereas the condition of the Accurascale model for 1980s/1990s the wheel sets are only painted in black. 

2. In its current condition the loco has modern warning flashes on the bodysides, whereas the Accurascale model has the old style/BR warning flashes. 

3. In its current condition in at least one place there is a large indent/space between the numbers 37 and 714. On the Accurascale model the indent/space between the running numbers is smaller and less noticeable. 

4. On at least one nose end if not both the loco in its current condition doesn’t have the aerials fitted, whereas on both ends of the Accurascale aerials will be present and fitted. 

With these differences in mind, unless you would like to ignore these differences plus maybe other differences that I am unaware of and haven’t spotted in photos, this model isn’t suitable for 2018/2019 to current 2023 condition. That’s of course you are really knowledgable and confident of making several changes to a model of £170, then potentially maybe it could be changed to reflect the current condition of the loco in reality. For me personally I wouldn’t want to attempt to make these changes on a £170 model. 

I hope this information is of use to others who are maybe deciding whether this model is appropriate for their era, layout etc. 

I would like to wish every success to Accurascale and the HTG on the sale of this model, not that it needs it, it looks brilliant. 

Thank you for the help. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

5 hours ago, 37081LochLong said:

I personally was hoping it would be in BR condition but knew with a bit of that thing called "modelling" it could be simply backdated (not a fan of "as preserved" condition models even though I have some)

I'm really pleased it turns out it will be BR condition.

Those differences are quite minor, I think I could live with them in a  preserved situation OR - if they bothered me that much, I could address most or all of them. In BR days, she worked over a lot of regions in this BR condition. The alternative would be two different models, but I don't know if that means the HTG then have to do 1008 models which may be too much for them.

Glad they are all sold out. I was pulled by the loco on the GCR last year and ordered the model shortly after.

I guess we'll see with Accurascales batch 2 so early 2024 for delivery I wonder?

• Friendly/supportive 1