Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

Mark 2b, By Accurascale and IRM!

19 minutes ago, McC said:

We processed the RTC packs first as they were simplest and as always the balance of stock once all preorders were allocated was offered on the website. This was about 50 packs in total. Nothing in any way nefarious and identical to how we process every preorder. All preorder customers orders are in the queue and the handful who were lucky today get added to the end. The first hundred or so we also managed to ship today. 

I can't wait to get my RTC pack as I been waiting since 2022

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, GWR 802006 said:

I can't wait to get my RTC pack as I been waiting since 2022

Yes these were launched in May 2022 so just 21 months to delivery. Now that all the mk2b and c tools are complete and tested future runs wi be delivered in 9-12 months from launch. Thank you for your support! 

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold
48 minutes ago, McC said:

Yes these were launched in May 2022 so just 21 months to delivery. Now that all the mk2b and c tools are complete and tested future runs wi be delivered in 9-12 months from launch. Thank you for your support! 

A brilliant turn around in the current uncertain times.  I can’t wait for my WCRC pair.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

WOW - That was quick, and delivered 2 minutes earlier than the dpd delivery window started!

They come in an odd sized box.

At first I thought the mk2s couldn't possibly fit in it.

20240224_091835.jpg.c8581d350bbb99f42ed4356d982935f1.jpg

..but they do - lovely artwork..

20240224_091939.jpg.6f62bf76a2e55a4426ea16e9044e9ca9.jpg

..tonnes of "stuff" inside..

20240224_092230.jpg.8046451ffaeeef3c1f239587183fef29.jpg

I love the "exploded" views, in the info pamphlet, but I'm not to sure about the "wavy conduit" especially above the bogies.

..stunning though!

Thanks AccuraScale.

Kev.

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold
53 minutes ago, WhiteRoseRambler said:

What are the packets of red bits please? Do they cover the windows?

I'm pretty sure they are the curtains for you to fit where and as you please.

(Find a photo of your prototype first, though.)

image.png.d9dfbc45486a4143183108d3c87d67a9.png

Kev.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

My set arrived at just after 0800 this morning. Not bad given I got the deliver email yesterday. Amazing set, can’t wait for the NSE ones to arrive. 
So, how long till you announce the E and F ? 😉

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, 90136 said:

My set arrived at just after 0800 this morning. Not bad given I got the deliver email yesterday. Amazing set, can’t wait for the NSE ones to arrive. 
So, how long till you announce the E and F ? 😉

Not too long 😃

• Like 10
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

Mine just arrived and they look excellent, well worth the wait.

Thanks Accurascale for delivering them for my birthday - and for the 100 points!

5 hours ago, SHMD said:

I'm pretty sure they are the curtains for you to fit where and as you please.

(Find a photo of your prototype first, though.)

image.png.d9dfbc45486a4143183108d3c87d67a9.png

Kev.

The QR code referred to in the documentation above opens to a choice of User Guide or Manual and if you select coaches, it gives you a choice of Mk5 or Siphon G,  but not Mk2

I don't know but I can't help thinking they wouldn't fit curtains in the RTC stock - the staff were presumably supposed to be working! 

Only had time for a quick look at mine but first impression is they are very nice models. The quality and detail is miles ahead of my Bachmann and Hornby coaches and the livery is superb. Haven’t had the body off yet but a nicely decorated interior too.

IMG_3306.jpeg

IMG_3307.jpeg

IMG_3309.jpeg

Edited by Chiltern Junction
Typo
  • Like 14
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

To be honest I’ve forgotten what I’ve ordered . Looking forward to it arriving though . I think I did a miixture of 2bs and 2cs  based on my review of them at Model Rail Scotland 2023 .  I know the 2bs were Hattons ( because at that stage sold out at Accurascale) and Accurascale have taken the allocation . Just looking forward to them 

• Friendly/supportive 1

On 24/02/2024 at 18:39, Chiltern Junction said:

Only had time for a quick look at mine but first impression is they are very nice models. The quality and detail is miles ahead of my Bachmann and Hornby coaches and the livery is superb. Haven’t had the body off yet but a nicely decorated interior too.

IMG_3306.jpeg

IMG_3307.jpeg

IMG_3309.jpeg

I'm loving the interior, cannot wait for my mk2b's and c's to arrive! 😊

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Growling said:

Looking forward to mine. Thanks all for the heads up on spare sets becoming available.

It didn't take long for a couple to appear on eBay. 

Even used accurascale's photo......

Edited by GD
grammer

Those who have received their RTC's did you get the Limited Edition Certificate with it? Not one in my box. It would be nice to have even though my coaches will be working on my layout and not in a case.

• RMweb Gold

I never saw one.

Maybe something for future though - not the certificate but a list of contents.

Kev.