RevolutioN Trains Announce Cartic-4 Car Carriers in OO Gauge

sc2016

• RMweb Gold
19 hours ago, VXDH92 said:

Does anyone know if the cartic 4s in STVA would ever operate in combination with IPA wagons (such as those already made by Revolution)?

There was definitely some overlap though the IPAs eventually largely replaced the Cartics.  Here's a mixed (empty) car train going North on the WCML through Carlisle with a complete mix of car flats and then some cartic-4s (11:22 is the relevant part if it doesn't link correctly!): 

I'm sure Brian's (Fat Controller above) info is also right!

Cheers Mike

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Revolution Mike said:

There was definitely some overlap though the IPAs eventually largely replaced the Cartics.  Here's a mixed (empty) car train going North on the WCML through Carlisle with a complete mix of car flats and then some cartic-4s (11:22 is the relevant part if it doesn't link correctly!): 

I'm sure Brian's (Fat Controller above) info is also right!

Cheers Mike

Cheers Mike, that's a great clip! Clearly did / could operate together then. Are those first wagons the modified single-deck cartic 4s? I couldn't clearly tell.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

While browsing You Tube I came across this clip, which shows a single STVA Cartic-4 followed by sets of the flat twin IPAs already produced by Revolution (and, for those that did not pre-order, arriving at retailers in the next week or so.)

The action is from 4:48 if it doesn't link correctly...

cheers

Ben A.

Edited by Revolution Ben
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Revolution Ben said:

Hello all,

While browsing You Tube I came across this clip, which shows a single STVA Cartic-4 followed by sets of the flat twin IPAs already produced by Revolution (and arriving at retailers for those that didn't pre-order in the next week or so.)

The action is from 4:48 if it doesn't link correctly...

cheers

Ben A.

That's the outbound Longbridge/ Lonato 'Rover ' train; no Land-Rovers for the 'Gardia Finanzia' 'Dogna' or 'Vigile de Fuoco'' as far as I can see on this one. I saw one working, composed of STVA 4-wagon units, fully laden with camouflaged Defenders. The Land-Rover traffic was sufficiently important that some Cartic-4s had the upper deck, and the side pillars, removed to give extra capacity for taller vehicles. ( https://ukrailwaypics.smugmug.com/UKRailRollingstock/P-Tops-codes/PJA-STVA-Cartic-4-single-level/ ) The Cartics weren't universally popular on the 'Italian Job'. Two-level ramps had to be used for loading and unloading, whereas the GEFCO/ STVA/MAT wagons had hinged upper decks which could be dropped to form ramps. This was important when attempts to back-load with Fiats were trialled. Also, they were restricted to 100 kph on the continent, against the 120 kph of the other types.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Revolution guys,

Not sure if I've misremembered this, but I seem to recall reading one of your recent updates saying that the order book should open by the end of this month for the OO cartics. Is that still hopefully the case? The projects section of the website still says 'order book expected to open when CAD complete' so I might have got my wires crossed! Would have spoken to you at Warley, but I was unable to attend this year.

All the best (and thanks in advance)!

Edited by VXDH92
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, VXDH92 said:

Hi Revolution guys,

...I seem to recall reading one of your recent updates saying that the order book should open by the end of this month for the OO cartics. Is that still hopefully the case? The projects section of the website still says 'order book expected to open when CAD complete' so I might have got my wires crossed! Would have spoken to you at Warley, but I was unable to attend this year.

All the best (and thanks in advance)!

Hi there,

The Projects Page is correct.  The CAD isn't completed yet; we will open the order book when it is.

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • RMweb Premium
41 minutes ago, Patriot87003 said:

Oooh 110 quid, that's quite a lot of train for your money, pleasantly surprised by that, I'm seriously tempted now.

Edited by spamcan61
  • Like 3
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Premium

Yeah , pleasantly surprised by price . Was going to go for one . Question is should I go for two now !   Suppose you have to figure in the cars for the load 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Legend said:

Yeah , pleasantly surprised by price . Was going to go for one . Question is should I go for two now !   Suppose you have to figure in the cars for the load 

If they are on motorail duty, you would expect cars in both directions, perhaps only partly loaded, but if they are new cars for delivery, you would expect them to run fully loaded one way, empty the other. 

The choice of cars would be a motley collection on motorail but a lot all the same (perhaps differing by colour) for a shipment of new cars.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Well I must say I've been very naughty this morning! The prices are ever so reasonable considering the amount of vehicle for your money.

When these arrive my Didcot Parkway layout will be suitably well populated with the right level of automotive traffic! Keep up the great work lads! 👍

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
38 minutes ago, Davidjsmith said:

I need 4mm Talbot/Chrysler Sunbeams in lots of colours!!Doubt I will get that don’t think the vSunbeam has been done?

I remember seeing one at Elderslie , near the Chrysler Factory in Linwood (used to be Rootes, and Pressed Steel before that). It would have been Hillman Imps, Hunters and possibly Avengers back then !  Thats why I want one . I think it was a 37 pulling it 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Michael Hodgson said:

The choice of cars would be a motley collection on motorail but a lot all the same (perhaps differing by colour) for a shipment of new cars.

Certainly the same make, but it would depend on place and period. For example in the '70s Dagenham produced several Ford models.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1