RevolutioN Trains Announce Cartic-4 Car Carriers in OO Gauge

sc2016

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, VXDH92 said:

FYI Ben - your website shows the early bird price ending 13th June (on the news page for the announcement of the OO Gauge Cartic order book opening). Got my order in early just in case that's not right.

Would also back additional packs with different wagon numbers as per some others have requested. Appreciate that there's 2 x different numbers per version which is a good start 👍 

Thanks!

No - let me thank you!  I have corrected my earlier misinformed post!

cheers

Ben

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Fat Controller said:

At that time, I believe there was a train run from Coventry to Linwood on behalf of Rootes Group. Unusually, it was loaded in both directions, carrying Hillman Imps (and derivatives) southbound, and returning with Avengers and Hunters. There was also traffic in components and body pressings in both directions, carried in Rootes' 30' containers.

All the Gosford Green - Linwood services I've seen so far seem to be listed a Freightliner services, but I have been concentrating on services routed through the avoiding line, and so might have missed some services through the station for crew change.

lnwr_3spires3415.jpg

From Warwickshire Railways

Closest I can find is this 1971 image of Brush Type 4 1842 (Later Class 47 47 192), which I guess is a big enough reason for me, 4S32 appears as 16:30 Gosford Green to Johnstone MWTO in the British Railways London Midland Region WTT Mandatory Train Services 07/05/1973 - 05/05/1974 Section Gp2.

Regards

• Like 1

Hi, I have done some research on these wagons and found that the Silcock Versions runned so far as Exeter as was hoping that someone can answer a few questions i got:

• Is Exeter the Furthest South that Cartic-4s went?
  • Is Silcock Express Cartic-4s the only ones to go to Exeter?
  • How Long was they used on the Speedlink Service?

Thanks in Advance,

Samuel.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sc2016 said:

Hi, I have done some research on these wagons and found that the Silcock Versions runned so far as Exeter as was hoping that someone can answer a few questions i got:

Thanks in Advance,

Samuel.

Occasionally if the train got turned enroute it would continue to Plymouth and be turned on the triangle at Laira.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/05/2023 at 09:24, RobSkipworth said:

Occasionally if the train got turned enroute it would continue to Plymouth and be turned on the triangle at Laira.

Thanks for replying back to me. Interesting that they did came further south.

On 22/05/2023 at 22:35, sc2016 said:

• Is Silcock Express Cartic-4s the only ones to go to Exeter or beyond?

Thanks in Advance,

Samuel.

If anybody could help on the two remaining questions i would be grateful.

Samuel.

• Friendly/supportive 1

On 22/05/2023 at 22:35, sc2016 said:

Thanks in Advance,

Samuel.

They are the only car carrier I ever saw at Exeter when on my holidays.  As it was Silcock distribution, expect these were the only wagons they had. There were Motorails that went further, including FGW attempt with converted GUVs. 

I would have thought until the end, I certainly recall seeing them late on, with 50029 in NSE shunting them on one occasion!  The two sidings were both certainly just long enough for one set! 

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold
16 hours ago, paul 27 said:

Did these ever reach the northwest pre 68 

Yes, the first Motorail service was 1966 from Kensington Olympia to Perth. By 68 there were all sorts of Motorail services including a terminal at Newton-le-willows with services to Stirling (N) and Newton Abbot (S).

Beyond the Motorail use they were used on car delivery services throughout the 60s eg to Halewood in Liverpool.

Cheers Mike

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

On 10/06/2023 at 20:39, Torbay Express said:

They are the only car carrier I ever saw at Exeter when on my holidays.  As it was Silcock distribution, expect these were the only wagons they had. There were Motorails that went further, including FGW attempt with converted GUVs. 

I would have thought until the end, I certainly recall seeing them late on, with 50029 in NSE shunting them on one occasion!  The two sidings were both certainly just long enough for one set! 

Hi Torbay Express,

Thanks for replying, when looking for information it did seem to be just the Silcock Cartic4s that went as far as Exeter. I have seen the images of other motorail services which served locations further south of exeter. 

Thanks,

Samuel.

• Like 1

On 24/07/2023 at 16:37, Revolution Mike said:

Yes, the first Motorail service was 1966 from Kensington Olympia to Perth. By 68 there were all sorts of Motorail services including a terminal at Newton-le-willows with services to Stirling (N) and Newton Abbot (S).

Beyond the Motorail use they were used on car delivery services throughout the 60s eg to Halewood in Liverpool.

Cheers Mike

Thanks Mike,   would love to see a picture of these heading to Halewood,  only seen Ford trains

using the carflats at this time.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2021 at 14:16, Revolution Mike said:

Our understanding (or at least mine!) is that although the Cartics were developed with BR and Ford the majority weren't in Ford blue even those used on Ford trains (possibly only the prototypes which were slightly different anyway).  We've got some of the original paint diagrams and none of them mention Ford blue.

Hope that helps.

Cheers Mike

Mike,   which is nearer to the so called Ford blue the Motorail or Mat versions.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Paul,

The MAT versions were closer to Ford blue than BR blue.  On the diagrams the colour is referred to as 'Onedin blue' but this reference is not one I have been able to find.

We will be showing the deco samples of the N gauge decorated samples at The International N Gauge Show in Warwickshire in just over a month, so that should give people a good chance to assess the variations for themselves.

cheers

Ben A.

• Informative/Useful 1

3 hours ago, Lady_Farkham said:

I don't think my budget will allow me to replicate this working...

https://youtu.be/E9tIMIY_6sM

sorry i cant seem to embed the video from my phone 

Don't think many of us have a big enough layout even if we had the budget!

On most roundy-roundy layouts the train would be coupled to its own rear end before we got the tenth set on it !

• Funny 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello all,

Patriot beat me to it, but yes there is an update on these on our website, now we have received decorated samples of the N gauge versions and EP1 running samples of them in 00.

Cartic-4deco2.jpg.5f6fa64e93ca43b7da7256e7d2951941.jpg

CarticV2V5.jpeg.b25513322863f2d8642b1e35bc3df529.jpeg

For those interested there are more images and information on our website News page.

We will be closing the pre-order book on the N gauge ones in due course, and the 00 decorated samples may be here by Warley.

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 12
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, Steven B said:

@Revolution Ben The video showing the Cartic's being tested doesn't play on either Chrome or Firefox. Can it be posted to YouTube?

Or alternatively I'd be more than happy to try the N Gauge ones at at Yorkshire Area Group meeting - address via my Revolution Trains account! 😉

SB.

Hi Steven

That is odd - it works for me on Chrome!  And does anyone still use Firefox??

No worries though - it is on YouTube here.  For clarity these are the 00 ones though: 

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1