Doncaster Exhibition 2022

Boycie1946

• RMweb Gold
42 minutes ago, brmmarketing said:

Good morning,

If you email BRM@warnersgroup.co.uk we can arrange your free ticket. If it's for Doncaster please email as soon as possible today.

Thank you very much,  Email sent 

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, brmmarketing said:

Good morning,

WOR Plus/ RMweb Gold members receive 1 free ticket to one of our 3 shows, not a discounted ticket. Paper subscribers receive the discounted show tickets. If you would like to claim your free ticket for Doncaster please email BRM@warnersgroup.co.uk as soon as possible today.

Thanks for the clarification, e-mail sent - and helpful prompt reply received. 

Ralf

• Moderators
Just now, woodenhead said:

will they be ok on your phone(preference) or do we need to print?

A sensible person would print it just in case your hands are too cold to work the phone on Sat morning. :biggrin_mini2:

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, AY Mod said:

A sensible person would print it just in case your hands are too cold to work the phone on Sat morning. :biggrin_mini2:

A sensible person connected his printer to his laptop for the first time, the ancient c4580 could not be seen in wireless or usb, even the HP smart printer install could not see it.  So sensible person has asked his wife if she can print his ticket for him because his modern PC doesn't want to print.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Gold
52 minutes ago, 5BarVT said:

I’ve had an email confirming that I will be getting a ticket.  Does anybody know when the tickets will actually be sent out?

Paul.

I received this email today and no, I still have not received an email. Last minute dot com

There is an assumption that you have a phone that can display a code or you have a printer. I expected postal delivery but clearly not.

image.png.427d81fe689a463fdf3b1b2775c3727d.png

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, 5BarVT said:

I’ve had an email confirming that I will be getting a ticket.  Does anybody know when the tickets will actually be sent out?

Paul.

Apologies, my fault for not being clear.

The email I have had says I will get an email with the ticket.  It’s this second email containing the ticket (to print out) that I’m still waiting for.

Paul.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, paul2001 said:

A question if I may, what's the catering like? I'm assuming similar to York. It's my first trip to the Doncaster show so I was wondering what to expect.

Depends which one, as there's two lots.

On the first floor, a fast food court with several counters serving different options.

Expensive for what's served, in disposable packaging

Plenty of seating there, but when I've looked at using it would have been unable to get a seat for people sitting chatting.

Or, go upstairs again to the second floor, a good restaurant serving a decent dinner for little more than down in the food court. Close to the standard of York (when it's on)

Note, caterings the responsibility of the venue, no criticism of the show organisers 

• Informative/Useful 1

1 hour ago, Ken.W said:

Depends which one, as there's two lots.

On the first floor, a fast food court with several counters serving different options.

Expensive for what's served, in disposable packaging

Plenty of seating there, but when I've looked at using it would have been unable to get a seat for people sitting chatting.

Or, go upstairs again to the second floor, a good restaurant serving a decent dinner for little more than down in the food court. Close to the standard of York (when it's on)

Note, caterings the responsibility of the venue, no criticism of the show organisers 

Thank you Ken just what I was after.

39 minutes ago, moore43grm said:

Is there a timetable for the shuttle bus from the station to the venue ? Or a service bus ( No. 55  I've read somewhere ). But then again its within waking distance weather permitting !

A good 30 minutes walk each way - it'll warm you up if nothing else

• RMweb Premium
59 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

2 mins walk from the entrance is the excellent Whitby's Fish & Chips emporium. ;)

https://www.whitbysrestaurant.co.uk/

Hi Andy

I had a meal there at the last show, it was very nice. I was a tad disappointed with the lack of Wallies, not that I am keen on them but a chippy without Wallies? Not heard of in London or Essex.

• Friendly/supportive 1

4 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Andy

I had a meal there at the last show, it was very nice. I was a tad disappointed with the lack of Wallies, not that I am keen on them but a chippy without Wallies? Not heard of in London or Essex.

There will be plenty of wallies at the show, you'll hear them on a few layouts - "that wouldn't be seen on this line", "It's not like how I remember it" (on any imaginary location), "too many trains" , "not enough trains", "how much for a cup of tea, you're having a laugh"

• Funny 3

1 hour ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Andy

Having lived in Ilford Fish and Chips is Cod cooked in oil, no thanks.

2 hours ago, moore43grm said:

Is there a timetable for the shuttle bus from the station to the venue ? Or a service bus ( No. 55  I've read somewhere ). But then again its within waking distance weather permitting !

Doesn't look like weather permitting this weekend.

I'd usually use the train and either shuttle bus or walk between station and racecourse, usually walking on way back.

But on checking train times last weekend found that this weekend's a bus replacement between Newcastle and York, so, its going to be the car this time