Doncaster Exhibition 2022

Boycie1946

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, Ken.W said:

Hi Clive

A chippy with wallies? Never heard of them in the North East (whatever they are anyway)

Nor me.

In Glasgow, a Wally close is one that’s tiled not painted.

But you might use yer wallies to eat fish and chips.

Paul.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
18 hours ago, paul2001 said:

A question if I may, what's the catering like? I'm assuming similar to York. It's my first trip to the Doncaster show so I was wondering what to expect.

14 hours ago, AY Mod said:

2 mins walk from the entrance is the excellent Whitby's Fish & Chips emporium. ;)

https://www.whitbysrestaurant.co.uk/

Or if you turn left from the entrance and then left at the roundabout you will find an Asda with a cafe,  McDonalds, Burger King, Taco Bell, Pizza Express and Frankie and Benny`s, all within an approx 10-15min walk from the venue.

As already mentioned the catering arrangements are out of the control of Warners and comes with the venue. It`s a case of take it or leave it and there`s very little point in moaning about it on here and this was discussed a few years ago and I don`t suppose for one moment anything has changed.  

On the positive side there are other eating places within a reasonable walking distance of the venue which can`t be said of York Racecourse not unless you count the takeaway food van parked on the site of the boot sale opposite!    

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Just a 'heads up' for anyone driving to the show this weekend and intending to use the M18, in case it's on your planned route, it's closed northbound all weekend between junctions 2 (the A1M/M18) and 3 (A6182 White Rose Way).

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, 4630 said:

Just a 'heads up' for anyone driving to the show this weekend and intending to use the M18, in case it's on your planned route, it's closed northbound all weekend between junctions 2 (the A1M/M18) and 3 (A6182 White Rose Way).

Thanks. my usual route in, I can see bigger than usual jams approaching the Racecourse island.

Possible change of plan as 6233 is due Doncaster at  11:58 - 12:00 and returning passing at 17:12

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, TheSignalEngineer said:

Thanks. my usual route in, I can see bigger than usual jams approaching the Racecourse island.

Possible change of plan as 6233 is due Doncaster at  11:58 - 12:00 and returning passing at 17:12

ETA at Doncaster for me is 11:45 perhaps I’ll hang around.  Or perhaps not if the place is heaving!

Paul.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Any suggestions on travelling via road to BRM Exhibition at Doncaster Racecourse tomorrow.

My normal route being M1 then M18

I understand the M18 northbound is closed for the weekend due to roadworks 

Cheers 

Terry 

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, russ p said:

I've had an email with information about my booking from the ticket factory but no email with a ticket 

Please see the ticket topic in the Gold Lounge for latest advice.

• Thanks 2

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, ELTEL said:

Any suggestions on travelling via road to BRM Exhibition at Doncaster Racecourse tomorrow.

My normal route being M1 then M18

I understand the M18 northbound is closed for the weekend due to roadworks 

Cheers 

Terry 

I would think that a diversion would turn you on to the A1 north off the M18 and then come off at the next junction which will take you through town.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

Just back from delivering and setting up our stand, which the usual suspects are not manning over the weekend. I felt rather conspicuous as I was the only person wearing a mask. If there were others, I didn't see them. Clearly the idea of wearing masks has gone by the wayside.

One chap who brought the tables along told me that he had arrived late as his wife has Covid and he had to do the school run. He didn't seem to think that wearing a mask was worthwhile but he was happy to stand right next to me and breath on me.

I am pretty content with my decision not to attend over the weekend. I felt quite exposed to risk with just a handful of people there and was glad to get out as quickly as possible.

I wish everybody well for the show but it will be a little while yet before I am comfortable in such an environment.

• Friendly/supportive 17

4 hours ago, t-b-g said:

Just back from delivering and setting up our stand, which the usual suspects are not manning over the weekend. I felt rather conspicuous as I was the only person wearing a mask. If there were others, I didn't see them. Clearly the idea of wearing masks has gone by the wayside.

One chap who brought the tables along told me that he had arrived late as his wife has Covid and he had to do the school run. He didn't seem to think that wearing a mask was worthwhile but he was happy to stand right next to me and breath on me.

I am pretty content with my decision not to attend over the weekend. I felt quite exposed to risk with just a handful of people there and was glad to get out as quickly as possible.

I wish everybody well for the show but it will be a little while yet before I am comfortable in such an environment.

Like many control measures they are the option to apply last and therefore the one to go first (ERIC and all that). I should be taking a LFT before going and even with a lowered immune response I would rather people take a LFT beforehand rather than rely on something much less reliable.

People getting too close is starting to get an occasional issue. I move back one step in that case, sufficient to be clear in most cases; if they follow I ask them to keep their distance. In many case the novelty of meeting people is still new enough for it to be unintentional - however, you do get a few oddballs.

Given the size of the ground floor space, they should be able to get a decent level of ventilation. The smaller exhibition area on the 1st floor may be something to do first before getting a cup of tea while everybody else is bargain hunting.

I think that some of the layout operators could have done with some practice. A couple of previously good ones were a shambles - on one eight operators managed two up trains and no down trains in 10 mins.

However, very few people were moaning - for many of us it's primarily a shopping trip.