RMweb - Change of hosting, missing images - April 2022

• RMweb Premium

Uploading images is going well.  One thing has cropped up though.  Today I looked at two topics from 2012 and 2014.  They do have missing photos and it would be easy to reliad them.  However a header banner says that they have been archived and further comments can't be made.  I wonder is it possible to allow them to be ecited for missing images to be reloaded.

Jamie

• Like 1

• Moderators
52 minutes ago, jamie92208 said:

I wonder is it possible to allow them to be ecited for missing images t

If you let me have the URLs I can unarchive them for you no problem.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
30 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

If you let me have the URLs I can unarchive them for you no problem.

Thanks Andy.  Is that the topic titles or the individual post titles please.

Jamie

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, jamie92208 said:

Thanks Andy.  Is that the topic titles or the individual post titles please.

Jamie

The page address from the bar at the top of your browser for each topic please Jamie.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, jamie92208 said:

Pm's sent with the first three.

No PM as yet. Maybe sent to my old a/c. It's okay to post the links here.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, AY Mod said:

No PM as yet. Maybe sent to my old a/c. It's okay to post the links here.

I'll try again.

HST at Bradford Interchange 19th/20th March 1977 - HELP REQUIRED - UK Prototype Discussions (not questions!) - RMweb

Modifying a Modratec Lever Frame or what I did when RMWeb was down. - Permanent Way, Signalling & Infrastructure - RMweb

https://content-eu.invisioncic.com/y320084/monthly_08_2011/post-6824-0-97343400-1312217714.jpg

I hope that these work.  The first two wouldn't copy as links.

Jamie

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, jamie92208 said:

hope that these work.

I'll have to do some digging when I'm back on a big pc if the links can't be posted.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, AY Mod said:

I'll have to do some digging when I'm back on a big pc if the links can't be posted.

I've managed to do them usi g my tablet. Thanks.  Don't spoil your weekend. 

Jamie

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi, 

Sorry if I’ve missed the answer to this (I don’t think I did) - since the site moved to where it is now I haven’t been able to access a few of the areas on Safari (iPad and iPhone) which is my usual way of using RMWeb.

The main one I can’t get onto is the Layout Topics - I can get to a thread within the forum with a link, but not the menu (ie I can still see my Gresby thread but not go upto the see what other threads there are).

Is there something I should be doing differently?  

Many thanks 

Simon

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

5 minutes ago, MrSimon said:

Hi, 

Sorry if I’ve missed the answer to this (I don’t think I did) - since the site moved to where it is now I haven’t been able to access a few of the areas on Safari (iPad and iPhone) which is my usual way of using RMWeb.

The main one I can’t get onto is the Layout Topics - I can get to a thread within the forum with a link, but not the menu (ie I can still see my Gresby thread but not go upto the see what other threads there are).

Many thanks 

Simon

Andy's on holiday this week, but I'll have a look on an iPad during the week to see if I can figure something out.

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, MrSimon said:

Please make sure any RMweb cookies and history are PROPERLY cleared from your browser. Also try in another browser.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

I tried that, all the ways I know how on an iPhone/iPad - it worked if I wasn’t signed in (ie the layout topics page loaded) but when I signed in the layout topics page just goes white and won’t load - same on safari and chrome 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Same thing here I'm afraid, Err500 crimes up, whether I log in on this phone that's made of knapped flint or the memsahib's all singing and dancing I-phone that can apparently take down incoming ICBMs.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Interestingly, I've just tried it on my phone, and get the same - on my laptop I resolved it by specifically clearing the local storage, but on the phone that doesn't seem to have worked. There must be something that isn't being cleared when I tell Chrome to delete the site data.

• Informative/Useful 2

On 01/08/2022 at 04:52, jamie92208 said:

I've cracked on with my reloading of images and have moved on to a 2nd thread.  Today I've done the images from April and May 2020.  Just as an aside, in the May images several posts had the pictures there with the links but not embedded in the text.  reloading was easy.  A few others had 1 image out of 6 loaded and the others present but not embedded.  Just a comment.

Jamie

Jamie, without wading through 42 pages can you tell if you are referring to all posts from all posters on all forums from that time period?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
29 minutes ago, Jeff Smith said:

Jamie, without wading through 42 pages can you tell if you are referring to all posts from all posters on all forums from that time period?

Only my own images Jeff.  I'm spending enough time just sorting my own images. It was just a mention of an anomaly that I had found.

Jamie

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Jeff Smith said:

Jamie, so are you editing each post and re-adding the images?

Yes that seems to be the only way to do it.  I always delete the redundant links in the posts though. It's laborious but seems to be theconly way to do it.  I'm going through one thread at a time starting from the first page. However most posts from pre 2014 seem to have been archived if there has been no activity for a few years.

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208
  • Like 1

I am in a similar situation, the file links for the uploads are still there, but if you try to upload them again, nothing happens, I think that there's nothing saved or reinstated. I could go through and reload, but I lost or corrupted a lot my pictures when my previous phone got mangled. Plus it's 200 pages.

• Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, MrWolf said:

I am in a similar situation, the file links for the uploads are still there, but if you try to upload them again, nothing happens, I think that there's nothing saved or reinstated. I could go through and reload, but I lost or corrupted a lot my pictures when my previous phone got mangled. Plus it's 200 pages.

When I look at my posts the uploads are there but there are no images in them, and they are linked to the post but only their name and address appears.  On the few (3) posts I have uploaded new pictures I have chosen the picture, loaded it into the right place then deleted the previous, now empty uploads and all is as it should be.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

Thanks Chris, I'll give it another go. It doesn't seem right that this site is maintained to preserve a record of people's efforts and advice and the pictures are lost, meaning that a lot of the posts don't make sense. I was hoping that they would be restored when this thread started, but it's looking less than likely, so I will be putting back those which weren't lost when my phone got crushed.

• Friendly/supportive 4