Graham Farish Summer 2022 Announcements

AY Mod

3 hours ago, Steven B said:

ROG Phoenix perhaps?

I don't think Farish have done a 37/7 yet? 

Even 37510, the only /5 in the fleet, would need a 37/7 body due to DRS filling some of the bodyside windows to fit bodyside logos. I expect they'll announce a 37/7 when I start prepping a bodyshell past the point of no return!

Jo

• Like 1

Re 37142, I think it will be quite popular, not everyone wants celebrity/named logos or popular liveries.  Id certainly buy bog standard workhorse plain livery, e.g. BR Blue with headlight/ orange stripe 31/37/47s if they did them, especially as the sector era seems to be popular in N.  They are due 12X different 37s and 9X 08s (including the kernow one) by august now, cant complain at that (well if you dont model steam)!

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, LNERJP said:

37502 is an interesting choice as it has different Cant grills to 37506, so will this be a new bodyshell? Allows for an accurate model of 37501 yipee.

jp

I would be amazed if it was a new bodyshell. If it were I'm sure that it would be being touted as a new model. 

• RMweb Gold

Whilst this is good set of announcements for modern image modellers (seriously tempted by that Load Haul 37!) I'm most excited about the BR4 and Commonwealth bogies finally being made available as spares! Bravo on that front Bachmann!

Tom. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Very pleased with the B4 bogies - although a little on the expensive side at £13 a pair - would love to ‘modernise’ my mk1 charter rake, but it is 18 coaches long…. so as the Americans would say, “you do the math”…. well, I’ve done it for you and it is £234 😬 !!! Might have to settle on eliminating B1s and accepting a mix of commonwealth and B4.

Otherwise I’m not sure about this announcement…. 🤨

• RMweb Premium

I wonder what has happened to 60002 - Graham Farish in GBRF livery.

Was expecting to see that as a Collectors Club loco when the others appeared.

1 hour ago, Davexoc said:

I wonder what has happened to 60002 - Graham Farish in GBRF livery.

Was expecting to see that as a Collectors Club loco when the others appeared.

As the rest of the class 60 locos are listed as due Aug/Sep, I expect that it will be officially announced at the August announcement, either in the main range or as a club model.

• RMweb Gold

I’m glad I’m not that bothered about accurate cant grills and bogie types; makes things a lot simpler and cheaper 😁

Very surprised to see 37116 in its one-off livery being produced. I’ll have to go for one of those having had a ride behind it during the Basingstoke Open Day in 1987. 

Edited by The Pilotman
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Have any retailers actually listed the regional area Class 37's for preorder yet?  I am struggling to find the Large Logo one anywhere.  The fact I don't have a catalogue number for it doesn't help...

EDIT - 371-465RJ and found a couple of retailers now listing it.

Edited by John M Upton

• RMweb Premium

...and just noticed 37025 is in modern day version of Large Logo as it is today, twenty plus years too late so I will pass.

2 minutes ago, John M Upton said:

...and just noticed 37025 is in modern day version of Large Logo as it is today, twenty plus years too late so I will pass.

It seems a lot of liveries these days are 'as preserved', there's the green class 40 (in OO) that has a headlight.

• RMweb Premium

If it ever gets discounted (unlikely given how sought after Large Logo 37's are) then I would reconsider and backdate but for now, I think I will have to settle for just the nine Large Logo 37's I already have for the time being...

Edited by John M Upton
  • Informative/Useful 1

Repeated liveries again, how's about some InterCity 37s either the full swallow sleeper ones or the /4s without the branding. Some different sub sectors would be good too for freight. Load haul was very over rated livery in my own opinion although each to their own.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

well said davebem

i also would buy BR Blue with headlight / orange stripe 31/37/47s if they did them. 

also agree an intercity 37 would be great. 

i suspect b1 bogies will be flooding ebay soon if people switch them for b4 or commonwealth ones. 

tim

On 04/05/2022 at 18:44, davebem said:

cant complain at that (well if you dont model steam)!

. . . . or electric traction, or multiple units, or want coaches or freight wagons . . . .

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
On 04/05/2022 at 16:12, grahame said:

Is that price for the 'new' RTP resin fuel storage tank correct? At 5p short of £50 it look rather expensive for a small tank that looks about the size of a 4-wheel tank wagon. The art deco signal box is 5p short of £45. 

Yes they are expensive but bear in mind 1. Exchange rates since June 2016, 2. the huge increase in shipping rates, 3.increased UK haulage rates due to shortage of drivers ,4. VAT included (1/6). 

I don't think we can moan at Bachmann for many of the above. You either want the items or you don't and you tailor your budget to suit.

8 minutes ago, Crepello said:

Yes they are expensive but bear in mind 1. Exchange rates since June 2016, 2. the huge increase in shipping rates, 3.increased UK haulage rates due to shortage of drivers ,4. VAT included (1/6). 

I don't think we can moan at Bachmann for many of the above. You either want the items or you don't and you tailor your budget to suit.

I think you miss the point. Regardless of those issues (which apply to all models and products) it's the comparative price/value I was questioning (and whether or not it was correct). The resin tank is significantly higher in price than a similar sized Farish 4-wheel wagon which is a more complex product, with finer engineering, more assembly (with more separate parts to add) and so on. 

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
17 hours ago, Robert Shrives said:

Hopefully somebody clever and in charge will get the nod to do a 2000 run of the MK2 air con TSO  as a surprise move.  

Robert  

This is the thing - rather than new models/tooling I'd much rather see new runs of the really useful things for which tooling and artwork already exists, and which clearly sold very quickly.  Standard Class coaches and blue or blue-grey DMUs to name but two examples.  With Farish stuff it seems if you're not first to the table when something popular is released you have to wait years and years to get another chance.  The production runs are simply not large enough.  I managed to get two of the recent Regional Railways Mk2 carriages - lovely model but they were the last in the shop and now seem to be sold out everywhere within the space of just a couple of months.  Apparently some of this is down to people pre-ordering large numbers of a particular model but I think Bachmann and others have to some extent ignored demographics and under-estimate how many of us now model BR Blue/Sectorisation and also how many just want run-of-the-mill every day rolling stock and locos.

• Agree 3

2 hours ago, Solo said:

This is the thing - rather than new models/tooling I'd much rather see new runs of the really useful things for which tooling and artwork already exists, and which clearly sold very quickly.  Standard Class coaches and blue or blue-grey DMUs to name but two examples.  With Farish stuff it seems if you're not first to the table when something popular is released you have to wait years and years to get another chance.  The production runs are simply not large enough.  I managed to get two of the recent Regional Railways Mk2 carriages - lovely model but they were the last in the shop and now seem to be sold out everywhere within the space of just a couple of months.  Apparently some of this is down to people pre-ordering large numbers of a particular model but I think Bachmann and others have to some extent ignored demographics and under-estimate how many of us now model BR Blue/Sectorisation and also how many just want run-of-the-mill every day rolling stock and locos.

Seen a few of those test train mk2s about but no more RR ones. I agree the late 80s to early 90s is seeming overlooked in favour of blue or Colas type era colours.

The same applies to Mk1 coaches in maroon. There used to be regular re-runs of them and other bread and butter items, but around the time Graham Hubbard retired it seemed to change - a change in strategy/policy with a new CEO maybe? Prioritising finite production capacity on OO and the new 009 range possibly?

It certainly does also seem that all R&D is now (aside from sound upgrades which to be fair is not such a bad move) largely focussed on other scales and I don't think we have seen anything totally new from the ground up yet amongst the quarterly announcements to date, but happy to be corrected. 

The last new steam loco release was the 8F at the end of 2020, the final one of three developed over quite a period prior to that (Castle, C Class and 8F). All three have been of the utmost quality and popular liveries sold through quickly. Since then I think the only steam loco at all has been the sound upgraded C Class.

I guess there remains the hope for something steamy "next" quarter but based on performance to date generally I am not holding my breath. I honestly wonder if these quarterly announcements actually do more harm than good though.

Roy

22 hours ago, Robert Shrives said:

Hopefully somebody clever and in charge will get the nod to do a 2000 run of the MK2 air con TSO  as a surprise move.  

Robert  

Well this is the company that has decided to get the MK2 tooling out and just do a run of BSOs and TSOs in the obscure RTC livery, but not the Blue/grey TSO which everyone has been screaming out for, so I wouldn't hold your breath.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

If Barwell want my ten pence worth on steam locos how about a brand new S&D 7F...

Hopefully doing the mk2 of all variants in tour liveries is part of the plan given the preserved liveries being offered- a master plan and easy to research with in a small radius from the offices.    And we all love a railtour as excuse for the rule one purchase ... or time travel perhaps.

Still good to see some progress in additional 37 liveries this time around.  

• Like 1