#TooT

Dreadnought05

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

Accurascale announcement at midday - how big a risk for them to do a little GWR engine to go with this Peco development?

The Accurascale announcement is an OO model.

Roy

• RMweb Premium
18 minutes ago, PaulRhB said:

But then it’d need to be 14.2mm track and there’s no wider European or US markets for that 😉

Yeah, I get it totally, just for us it seems a bit of a no-man’s land. I wonder if it will attract some of the OO gauge crowd who wouldn’t go to N though.

20 minutes ago, JohnR said:

I thought it was an odd choice, but now you've said that, I bet there is an existing continental TT 66 that could be done in an EWS livery. 

Yeah, that seems likely. I have looked for one; because I’m sure I have seen one previously, but my Google-fu is weak today.  

• RMweb Premium
14 minutes ago, njee20 said:

Yeah, that seems likely. I have looked for one; because I’m sure I have seen one previously, but my Google-fu is weak today.  

There was. Lemke made one under their Hobbytrain label around 2015, but they don't list anything for TT currently.

• Like 1

This is a very bold move by Peco and in my opinion it is absolutely the right thing to so, they have avoided repeating past mistakes which have resulted in OO. This is the right time to revive TT without being dragged down by the Tri-ang legacy. It is being promoted as a modellers scale, no need for train sets as the modellers will lay track and build kits as needed. I do hope the other manufactures will pick up on it and provide stock and chassis parts etc. All we need now is the Hornby announcement. 😄

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

• RMweb Premium

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, Tim Dubya said:

and so do Peco

Surely that's what this topic is about?

I was replying to the post above mine

11 minutes ago, Hibelroad said:

All we need now is the Hornby announcement. 😄

Edited by melmerby
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

So has SK decided to go ahead with Hornby's TT range after all I wonder and Peco know about it?  Or did Peco hear whipsers and decided to get it on the market and what was expected didn't materialise?  But at least there now some r-t-l 12mm gauge track for those who fancy 4mm 3ft gauge. 

4 hours ago, CloggyDog said:

Not really, TT (1:120) still has a sizeable following in Europe, so I'm guessing Peco are looking to 'muscle in' on the track market (currently shared between Kühn and Tillig). A shame I've already built my Czech TT micro usung Kühn track. 

And me, just finishing off the track laying and motorising of the points on Rennsteig 🤨🤨

Regards

Neal.

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
15 minutes ago, Phil Parker said:

Before anyone else suggests that 3mm scale ONLY means Tri-ang, you might want to look at the very well established society supporting it: https://sites.google.com/site/3mmpublic/3mm-society

It's already a "modellers scale", but in 1:101.

You were the one who first mentioned 'old Tri-ang', Phil 😉

It's of it's time, other than the collectors end of the market, most serious users would be rewheeling/regauging it anyway, so incompatability with finer track isn't an issue, imho. 

As others have already posted, 1:100 needs 14.2mm track, which doesn't have much application outside of the Brit-bodge of 3mm:ft.

Peco are sensibly rebooting TT to a well established and popular standard in use elsewhere. 

Perhaps the 3mm Society will embrace this new development and start to offer 1:120 scale as well as 1:100?

Edited by CloggyDog
  • Like 1
  • Agree 4

5 hours ago, CloggyDog said:

The building range is slightly more surprising, unless Peco themselves are doing some UK-outline rtr stock in 1:120?

I was looking more at the buildings to be honest, the track as you say might appeal to continental modellers but I can't really see them aching for a GWR station.  If you are one of those rare UK TT modellers, chances are you will already be a proficient scratch builder, so the market for mass market UK outline buildings must be small..  The addition of building kits of GWR prototypes (and suggestions of wagons) would suggest there may be a new RTR range on the horizon, somewhere.  Interesting.

I find this a fascinating development and I am keen to support them. I really like the idea of having British outline in the correct scale to gauge combination without having to build my own track - maybe this is perfect for me!?

I just hope that if another manufacturer does come along, they do support Peco’s choice of 1/120 scale.

What I will add is that being a worldwide scale, people in other countries may well choose to model British outline with this.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

53 minutes ago, wombatofludham said:

I wonder which continental manufacturer has a European Class 66 in their range,,,

Lemke apparently announced one in 2014 but no idea if it actually ever got to market....

Edited by The Western Master