The Class 89, By Accurascale With Rails of Sheffield

2 hours ago, scumcat said:

The Class 89 has always been one of my favourite locos, it’s just beautiful and I believe such a missed opportunity for BR, however after reading this I think I’ve just gone off it.

As long as Boris isn't invited for a second naming ceremony, I think it should be popular!

• Funny 3

On 02/07/2022 at 00:30, newbryford said:

Are A/S considering future variants in "neverwazza" liveries as Rapido have done with the APT-E and KR Models with GT3?

I wonder what an 89 would look like in Virgin Trains or LNER /VTEC red??

I don't think Accurascale need to go for such gimmicks!  They can sell enough product without them....

I had some respect for Rapido until they started re-releasing everything and doing ficticious liveries.

Now retailers are trying to chuck APT-Es out......Their APT- E has gone from something special to.....

If LSL put it in a different livery then A/S would no doubt do it, or even if a company came toLSL  them wanting it for a long term hire,and reliveried but until such a time, I think it is best left as is.

On 03/07/2022 at 21:22, Torbay Express said:

I don't think Accurascale need to go for such gimmicks!  They can sell enough product without them....

I had some respect for Rapido until they started re-releasing everything and doing ficticious liveries.

Now retailers are trying to chuck APT-Es out......Their APT- E has gone from something special to.....

If LSL put it in a different livery then A/S would no doubt do it, or even if a company came toLSL  them wanting it for a long term hire,and reliveried but until such a time, I think it is best left as is.

Speak for yourself! Personally, I've always found fictitious liveries and other never were ideas and scenarios to be quite a fascinating subject!  

Edited by Guest

Are A/S considering future variants in "neverwazza" liveries as Rapido have done with the APT-E and KR Models with GT3?

I'd rather see a series of "Improbable train packs"....

FB_IMG_1656889638786.jpg

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 4
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Torbay Express said:

Rapido we’re doing fictional liveries ages ago with Star Trek editions of their LRC loco. As for re-releasing they never set out to be purely one offs, the pack for Locomotion was a limited edition but they never claimed it would be the only edition. 
They are primarily enthusiasts who also like to have a bit of fun, if you watch their videos, so if you think the APT-E is only special if a select few have it then I think you have missed their motivation for creating it. 

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, PaulRhB said:

Rapido we’re doing fictional liveries ages ago with Star Trek editions of their LRC loco. As for re-releasing they never set out to be purely to one offs, the pack for Locomotion was a limited edition but they never claimed it would be the only edition. 
They are primarily enthusiasts who also like to have a bit of fun, if you watch their videos, so if you think the APT-E is only special if a select few have it then I think you have missed their motivation for creating it. 

I wouldn't call a couple of thousand a select few, but something quite exclusive is now available from everywhere, with some retailers now dumping stock....

7 hours ago, PaulRhB said:

But what made it special then? The model itself, which hasn’t changed apart from two fictional livery options, or the exclusivity? 

I think the extra liveries just oozed tackiness and were just done to give them something to sell at the time, to give UK some cashflow.

Like I said earlier, surprised that they didn't do Network Rail, as yellow always sells.  In fact being experimental, if it was still around, probably would have carried it!

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, Torbay Express said:

I think the extra liveries just oozed tackiness and were just done to give them something to sell at the time, to give UK some cashflow.

Like I said earlier, surprised that they didn't do Network Rail, as yellow always sells.  In fact being experimental, if it was still around, probably would have carried it!

You are of course entitled to your opinion, but also consider that the cashflow you mention (and resultant profit) helps Rapido produce new models that you may well like. 

Roy

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Mick,

You know, we may have mocked some up for a laugh internally. While we don't plan to launch one in a neverwazza livery, we do like the odd easter egg on our stand at shows. Visitors to our stand at the recent Ally Pally and Model Rail Scotland shows will attest to this.

One variant in particular looked very good... 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

I assume you mean the ARC chaldron 😆

To be Honest a pack of NP, ARC and FY to sit in the display cabinet behind a competitors 59 would be huge fun 🤣

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Mick,

You know, we may have mocked some up for a laugh internally. While we don't plan to launch one in a neverwazza livery, we do like the odd easter egg on our stand at shows. Visitors to our stand at the recent Ally Pally and Model Rail Scotland shows will attest to this.

Cheers!

Fran 

I’m holding out for a rake of ARC liveried chaldrons

• Funny 1

10 hours ago, PaulRhB said:

But what made it special then? The model itself, which hasn’t changed apart from two fictional livery options, or the exclusivity? 

First run of the APT-E had dual wipers at one end, single wiper at the other. 

Second run has twin wipers both ends. As far as I'm aware this is the only physical change to the model, though the other goodies in the box and the box itself are different IIRC.

Cheers,

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, 60800 said:

First run of the APT-E had dual wipers at one end, single wiper at the other. 

cor is this the model manufacturers version of a spot the ball competition?

😆 Special because it had something less. 

• Funny 2

27 minutes ago, PaulRhB said:

I feel like I'm missing out now.

Does anyone make a conversion pack so I can model mine in preserved condition? 🤣

43 minutes ago, PaulRhB said:

The first run was actually correct for the set's current condition and I believe most of it's testing career. 

On the conversation of what-if's (and before we get told off for going off topic) - I think some ABP white and blue Chaldrons would look nice as would a Deltic in Apple Green as per my old drawing below;

d549qnq-c88317ba-7abc-4a7c-bb8a-f2ddda0b6d70.jpg.0682832d12707541e9e14469dd0b2f49.jpg

@Accurascale Fran You know you want to do it 😅

Cheers,

Edited by 60800
  • Like 2
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, 60800 said:

and before we get told off for going off topic) - I think some ABP white and blue Chaldrons would look nice as would a Deltic in Apple Green as per my old drawing below;

Surely if we need to get back on topic it should be an 89 in LNER green then to hark back to NER electrics 😉

• Like 2

Great looking models, problem is which one to choose.

Reference the two swallow versions (original and present day), apart from the painted bogie detail on the original is there anything else different ??

Edited by RBC