The Class 89, By Accurascale With Rails of Sheffield

• RMweb Premium
32 minutes ago, 33052 said:

Looks like a MK2 D/E/F to me 😃

I seriously doubt it. For one the windows are too square, and for another there’s not room in the market. You’ve already got Bachmann with the top end expensive model with DCC lights and tail lamps, and then you’ve got Hornby at the budget end. I can’t see room for a 3rd entrant in that market, it wouldn’t make a decent return for Accurascale. 

• RMweb Gold
27 minutes ago, nightstar.train said:

I seriously doubt it. For one the windows are too square, and for another there’s not room in the market. You’ve already got Bachmann with the top end expensive model with DCC lights and tail lamps, and then you’ve got Hornby at the budget end. I can’t see room for a 3rd entrant in that market, it wouldn’t make a decent return for Accurascale. 

Who knows, we love being in the 'nicer, more detailed, more technology and more accurate than anyone' but being cheaper than almost everyone space :) 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

46 minutes ago, nightstar.train said:

There's certainly room for a 2D in the UK market, and maybe not just the UK market ;) And the Hornby 2F is somewhat half hearted with known "issues".  Though the 2F has certain reuses outwith the UK but within the British Isles... and of course there's those coaches prior use that Bachmann haven't tooled up yet.

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
21 hours ago, nightstar.train said:

I think the windows are too square for Mk5s, and they are also well beyond the moulding stage. I think that is probably the moulds for the Mk2b. 

20 hours ago, McC said:

or maybe something unannounced yet…

Eurostar perhaps , but I dread to think of the cost of a full length train!

😐

7 hours ago, guarded said:

Looks like Mark 3s to me…

Plus toolings for doors..... 

Mk3s would be a good call to AS standards, both for loco hauled and HST vehicles.  37s for sleepers, 31's for Paignton - Manchester Mk3 pullmans, 92 for Mk3 sleeper, did the 89 work on Mk3 before Mk4s were ready?  A HST powercar then, with 41s too would be amazing.  Who knows they could possibly even do some of the Network Rail oddballs, as Exclusives, in order to cover specific tool costs.  Sure the boys could probably even produce a close coupling with buck-eye.  That would be so sweet, plus of course now with the 31 spec, powered fans..... 

Only place you are going to get a decent rake of coaches with all the toppings at a reasonable price......plus HST powercars. 2 x A/S full fat class 31s = £340, a Hornby power and dummy currently = £362.99.....

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, PaulRhB said:

The 89 tool looks better and far more interesting to me though 😎

Even better with a BRE international train rake behind it…

Didnt that head to Ireland too ?

Edited by adb968008

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 21/10/2022 at 22:38, nightstar.train said:

I think the windows are too square for Mk5s, and they are also well beyond the moulding stage. I think that is probably the moulds for the Mk2b. 

2b or not 2b - that is the question ;)

Can't believe nobody got in before me.

• Like 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, adb968008 said:

I’m drawn to the ghosted finger print in the cab window of the 92.

That's what happens to it when you leave your HST power car in the sun!

Edited by 97406

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, palmsticks said:

Full samples on both our own and Rails’ stand at Warley next weekend. I’m biased naturally, but it looks very, very tasty indeed. Well worth a look if you’re in the Birmingham area.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 4