The Class 89, By Accurascale With Rails of Sheffield

10 hours ago, BR(S) said:

Been on my wishlist for years, put in an EOI with Rails of Sheffield, just ordered an original Swallow livery with sound 👍

If you order direct with Accurascale you earn 'cashback' for the next model that takes your fancy

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, newbryford said:

A fetching shade of yellow......

Almost the right colour for a PTA..... not!

🤣

Executive livery ordered (it ran to Whatley didn't it?). The pic shows just how good it might look in ARC mustard though.

Edited by lyneux
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 3

Current livery all singing all dancing model reserved.

Now I suppose I'd better actually get my other railway stuff out of storage...

Oh, and I'd better actually prep some layout space in the house...

Oh, and buy some 00 infrastructure as I'm a N gauge modeller really...

[Shut up head, heart is at the wheel of the wallet...]

Still, shiny new Badger!

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

19 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Richard,

We will monitor demand and see.

Cheers!

Fran 

OK fair enough ... I've just pre-ordered the Intercity Executive version, and I dropped in the notes for the order that I would like P4 wheelsets, but I'll state it here as well.

Thanks (for helping spend yet more money with you :-)

Richard

• Friendly/supportive 1

6 hours ago, lyneux said:

Executive livery ordered (it ran to Whatley didn't it?). The pic shows just how good it might look in ARC mustard though.

There was a rumour at the time that the yellow undercoat was because Network Rail had contracted it to be a test loco....

8 hours ago, Graham108 said:

If you order direct with Accurascale you earn 'cashback' for the next model that takes your fancy

Good point.  I wonder if there was the rolling stock style bulk discount, say 5% on two, 10% on 3+, whether that would tempt many people into more than one.....

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, Torbay Express said:

Good point.  I wonder if there was the rolling stock style bulk discount, say 5% on two, 10% on 3+, whether that would tempt many people into more than one.....

We'd be happy to stop people buying all 5 never mind incentivising bulk buys :) 

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, brittannia said:

Ordered current livery 89 and paid in full but with my credits earned from earlier purchases paid 5p[short of £275 and also earnt £8,75 for future purchases fantastic system thanks Accurascale 

Where do I find out about these credits?

• RMweb Premium

Are A/S considering future variants in "neverwazza" liveries as Rapido have done with the APT-E and KR Models with GT3?

I wonder what an 89 would look like in Virgin Trains or LNER /VTEC red??

• Funny 1

6 hours ago, newbryford said:

Are A/S considering future variants in "neverwazza" liveries as Rapido have done with the APT-E and KR Models with GT3?

I hope not. So odd on both RTC liveries, NR yellow and Loadhaul.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Wolf27 said:

I hope not. So odd on both RTC liveries, NR yellow and Loadhaul.

I don’t like these imaginary liveries but I would suggest that they don’t matter much, just so long as the authentic liveries are available.

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, newbryford said:

No!

• Like 8
  • Round of applause 2

Undercoat yellow looks pretty authentic to me!

A big thank you to Accurascale and Rails for going ahead with the 89 which has been at the top of my wish list for years. I remember it being something of a legend as a child growing up in the 1980s in the southwest of England, far from any knitting at the time. Perhaps with the Great Western Mainline being electrified now it could make it's first ever trip to the region. I finally saw it hidden at the back of Bound's Green Depot, out of service, in the late 80s.

A bit of advice to all of those in Euroland, the 89s are available direct from Accurascale (EIRE) and can be paid for in Euros, thus avoiding currency conversion charges and customs fees. I found this out having already pre-ordered from Rails.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, Matabiau said:

Undercoat yellow looks pretty authentic to me!

A big thank you to Accurascale and Rails for going ahead with the 89 which has been at the top of my wish list for years. I remember it being something of a legend as a child growing up in the 1980s in the southwest of England, far from any knitting at the time. Perhaps with the Great Western Mainline being electrified now it could make it's first ever trip to the region. I finally saw it hidden at the back of Bound's Green Depot, out of service, in the late 80s.

A bit of advice to all of those in Euroland, the 89s are available direct from Accurascale (EIRE) and can be paid for in Euros, thus avoiding currency conversion charges and customs fees. I found this out having already pre-ordered from Rails.

Https://accurascale.eu  Pricing in Euro with Europe-wide VAT and shipping ex Dublin 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

(All pics taken by me.)

Was really tempted to recreate this.....

Scan_20160911.thumb.jpg.68647ce5858f56aa43e3f692579c6d4b.jpg

1630979295_Scan_20160911(2).thumb.jpg.d421022df44fffd3ea75b48be3a8889a.jpg

831510037_Scan_20160911(3).thumb.jpg.2a4fbc18f6b54e51fb516210e5a0f369.jpg

But do like this.....

Even with the wonky cab steps !

822386133_Scan_20160911(6).thumb.jpg.28848cfa506b434ac1608964d7500c32.jpg

But eventually decided on this version.....

1180228785_Scan_20160911(4).thumb.jpg.ca7d27c38bae661a4ab4c3e94995b591.jpg

I guess that's the original paint under where the light covers have been removed ?.....

669999690_IMG_4169(1280x853).jpg.27e3801aa6a73a8840f6d498a0bd2e0f.jpg

Happy that an icon of my spotting days is being produced to such a detailed level, even though it fits in with no era or area that I model, I couldn't resist owning the sight (and sound) of such a beast.....😍

Cheers,

Phil.

• Like 10