Farish Autumn 2022 Announcements

AY Mod

• Moderators

371-782SF.jpg

In N scale the launch of a brand-new Class 90 Electric Locomotive marks a major milestone for Graham Farish – this being the first all-new tooling project announced by Graham Farish via Bachmann’s quarterly British Railway Announcements. Much-requested by consumers following the release of the highly acclaimed Bachmann Branchline OO scale model, the new N scale models will debut at The International N Gauge Show in September, with delivery due by the end of 2022. Five models will be available initially, each with the option of SOUND FITTED, and every Graham Farish Class 90 will feature a coreless motor, all-wheel pick up and all-wheel drive, a Next18 DCC decoder socket, a pre-fitted speaker, directional lights, cab lights when used on DCC, and a poseable pantograph.

Topic for Farish Class 90 here - 

372-065SF.jpg372-064SF-3.jpg372-063SF.jpg

image.png

Alongside the Class 90, Graham Farish also announced that the Midland Railway Class 3835 (4F) has been upgraded to feature a Next18 DCC decoder socket and pre-fitted speaker; these enhancements will benefit the three models due for release this Autumn and allow the production of the three SOUND FITTED models announced today.

371-364-3.jpg371-364-2.jpg371-364SF-1.jpg

image.png

Following the recent celebrations of 50 years of N scale models from Graham Farish and with the naming of a GB Railfreight Class 60 locomotive to mark this occasion, a special 50th Anniversary Collectors Pack featuring this locomotive has been announced. Alongside the model of Class 60 No. 60002 ‘Graham Farish 50th Anniversary’ – which will also be available with SOUND FITTED – each pack includes a commemorative nameplate, pin badge, £35 Bachmann Collectors Club voucher and a certificate of authenticity, all of which is presented in a bespoke wooden box.

371-018AJSF-3.jpg371-017RJSF.jpg371-016SDSF.jpg371-015TLSF.jpg371-015ESF-3.jpg371-020DBSF.jpg

image.png

image.png

A second round of N scale Sales Area Exclusive models was also announced, this time featuring a quartet of Class 08 Diesel Shunters utilising the new high-spec 08 from Graham Farish and including SOUND FITTED options.

image.png

42-512.jpg42-287.jpg42-269.jpg42-268.jpg42-237.jpg42-218.jpg42-0202.jpg42-193.jpg42-084.jpg42-0021.jpg

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Actually not a bad haul this time. Would like 60002, but not paying extra for all the stuff I don’t want, so it’ll be the ‘ordinary’ GBRF 60 for me (unless that quietly gets dropped). Nice to see a meaningful number of models in N though. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

The ScotRail 08 is a definite must have.  I did initially get excited about the Strathclyde Class 101 for a few moments until I saw how much so that is sadly a reluctant pass. not likely to be discounted as it is a Collectors Club model.

• Agree 1

The 60 news was interesting as they mentioned it has been upgraded to have cab lights as well.

I’m also seeing evidence of a new release pattern here with huge numbers of a single tooling being released - take those 08s for example, how many different liveries have been released over 2 quarters now? Same with the 37s, so I expect a lot more 90s to follow. This seems to be the same in OO and  is really helpful as given the huge gaps between runs in batch production, producing lots of versions at once is very welcome.

David

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, bmthtrains - David said:

The 60 news was interesting as they mentioned it has been upgraded to have cab lights as well.

I’m also seeing evidence of a new release pattern here with huge numbers of a single tooling being released... really helpful as given the huge gaps between runs in batch production, producing lots of versions at once is very welcome.

David

Totally agree.  I'd much rather a raft of liveries being produced over 2 or 3 quarters rather than 3 or 4 years (some times longer).

It is finally nice to see evidence that Farish do want to invest in N Gauge.

Best

Scott.

Edited by scottystitch
  • Like 2
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Premium

I actually watched the video this time around!  I am trying to work out if the Railfreight Red Stripe split box 37 is weathered or not.

Has anyone got the ScotRail 08 available to order yet?

Edited by John M Upton

• RMweb Premium

I am just wondering if it will be possible to lose the Tinsley name off 37 032, it made an appearance at Inverness long before it got that which puts it on my modelling radar - just, but the weathering may make it a bit tricky.  I think I will wait and inspect an actual model before committing the cash.

Edited by John M Upton

• RMweb Premium

It's great to see an all new loco together with some with upgraded chassis and new liveries what are we to put behind them? Whilst Dapol Mk3s are perfect for the Intercity class 90, where are the reruns of GUV and BG for the Res version? Why no Virgin Mk2F for the Virgin one.

Where are the re-runs of Maroon Mk1s? Not to mention all the existing steam locos that haven't seen the light of day for many years - I'm guessing they're still waiting their turn for a Next18 Chassis upgrade....

Steven B.

• RMweb Premium

First - I am pleased that Bachmann seem to be giving a little more attention to n gauge, however I do take issue with a couple of things that have been said.

Why are Bachmann making such a big thing of saying that the class 90 is the first all new tool model produced since they went to quarterly announcements. These started in January 2020. Are we meant to celebrate the fact that there have been no new tool models in the last 30+ months?

"Following the recent celebrations of 50 years of N scale models from Graham Farish" er I must have missed this. Bachmann seemed to all but ignore the Farish brand in 2020.

I know that these comments will come across as being negative but they are how I feel about Bachmann at the moment. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

27 minutes ago, Steven B said:

It's great to see an all new loco together with some with upgraded chassis and new liveries what are we to put behind them? Whilst Dapol Mk3s are perfect for the Intercity class 90, where are the reruns of GUV and BG for the Res version? Why no Virgin Mk2F for the Virgin one.

Where are the re-runs of Maroon Mk1s? 

I heard (at DEMU showcase ISTR) that a cotchel load of coaches were in production and scheduled to arrive at the end of the year. Unfortunately no mention in the recent official announcement to confirm.

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, grahame said:

I heard (at DEMU showcase ISTR) that a cotchel load of coaches were in production and scheduled to arrive at the end of the year. Unfortunately no mention in the recent official announcement to confirm.

Every day is a school day. I'd never come across the word cotchel before, and I'm a bit of an English enthusiast.  I'm assuming that it originates from a regional dialect?

In any case, Google says it ,means "a small portion".  Is that what they meant, only a small amount?

Best

Scott.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
20 minutes ago, bmthtrains - David said:

Apart from all the new tool models that have been released over the past 30 months? 

David

It is Bachmann themselves who are saying that this is the first new tool model since the introduction on the quarterly announcements. 

"In N scale the launch of a brand-new Class 90 Electric Locomotive marks a major milestone for Graham Farish – this being the first all-new tooling project announced by Graham Farish via Bachmann’s quarterly British Railway Announcements."

7 minutes ago, scottystitch said:

In any case, Google says it ,means "a small portion".  Is that what they meant, only a small amount?

Where I'm from it is/was an armful/boxful (not necessarily a small) amount and often freebies (although I doubt they'll be free or cheap).

• Informative/Useful 1

• Moderators
38 minutes ago, Kris said:

Are we meant to celebrate the fact that there have been no new tool models in the last 30+ months?

New tooling and re-tooled over the last 30 months.

LMS 8F

Class 31 Refurbished (+ SOUND FITTED upgrade for original 31s)

Class 70 with Air Intake Modifications

HKA Bogie Hopper

Mk2F Coaches (five types inc. DBSO)

Thompson Coaches (four types)

SR N Class (SOUND FITTED upgrade)

WD ‘Parrot’ Bogie Wagon

Class 03 (new chassis with DCC decoder socket)

Class 04 (new chassis with DCC decoder socket)

Class 319 EMU

Class 08 (SOUND FITTED upgrade)

• Like 3
  • Agree 5
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold

If anything the release of the 90, which will be available in months, shows that Bachmann have done anything but abandon or neglect the Farish range. Yes it's probably taken a bit longer than us modellers would have liked to see something totally new in N Gauge since the revised announcement policy, but I suspect those days are behind us now. 

I suspect things are going to be very interesting in N Gauge over the next 12 to 24 months!

Tom.  

• Like 5
  • Agree 3

2 hours ago, John M Upton said:

I am just wondering if it will be possible to lose the Tinsley name off 37 032, it made an appearance at Inverness long before it got that which puts it on my modelling radar - just, but the weathering may make it a bit tricky.  I think I will wait and inspect an actual model before committing the cash.

Bit of T cut on a cotton bud probs take off the name. 

Graham Farish announcements are a bit like busses, you wait ages for something you want then multiple items arrive at the same time.  The 90 is very tempting.  Here's hoping for some Virgin Mk2 coaches and more IC Mk2s too.

I've also been waiting for a Strathclyde Class 101 for ages and I've already signed up to the collector's club and placed my order.

• Like 1