Tonleigh Bridge (East Yard) Speedlink

Andrew P

3 hours ago, Mike Storey said:

Looking blooming marvellous Andy!

Just as an aside, will you be running any passenger trains on this creation? If so, have you decided what (as I see no third rail (yet)?

Hi Mike, Clive, @Clive Mortimoreasked the same question on my You Tube Channel, and the answer is, no passenger services, this is basically a Yard with and avoiding line around the back, so no need for Passengers or 3rd Rail.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Mike Storey said:

Looking blooming marvellous Andy!

Just as an aside, will you be running any passenger trains on this creation? If so, have you decided what (as I see no third rail (yet)?

I asked so I could bring my Hornby Doublo 3 rail stuff to run when I visit. 🥴

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold

Looking forward to seeing a Speedlink arrival being 'processed' into trips and with additions.  Was it not a maximum of an hour(!) allowed to shunt and dispatch a train?  Excellent progress, and hope all is going well.

• Like 1

Another good morning, with Board 2 now wired and tested, only 3 Points on this Board.

So with boards 2, 3 4, 5, 6 and 7 done that just leaves Board 1 to do this week, there will be 9 Point Motors to wire in on that Board, and as I'm waiting for a couple of bits that will arrive Monday it was left till last.

IMG_0699.JPG.498955d852299b6b2ecc3c86e2e1d8e5.JPG

IMG_0700.JPG.bb33be9d5e7a976e4dbd1776d270d533.JPG

IMG_0701.JPG.536766f18888c9f2bc006e249bff5387.JPG

IMG_0702.JPG.16bc864c6bd3f5871b8a52b1782e8be4.JPG

• Like 7
  • Round of applause 1

9 minutes ago, C126 said:

Looking forward to seeing a Speedlink arrival being 'processed' into trips and with additions.  Was it not a maximum of an hour(!) allowed to shunt and dispatch a train?  Excellent progress, and hope all is going well.

Cheers C126 / ? Thanks and yes good progress, (see post above) and I'm hoping I will have a short service by the  end of the week.

Thanks for your input.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

We have full movement, all lines are now powered and all points and motors in and wired.

I misread that and thought it said all lines are now preserved. I was beginning to think you'd changed your life time habits! 😀

• Funny 3

6 hours ago, David Bell said:

Coming along nicely Andy. Watching the trains the whole thing has such a lovely flow to it.

Cheers

David

Thanks David, It is flowing better than I expected, I must admit.

Cheers for your input.

3 hours ago, Kevin Johnson said:

Hi Andy nice running session, love the sound of the locos and the track work. 👍 

Thanks Kevin, the Dutch 33 and Distribution 47 Sound Chips arrived today, and they are nice too.