Tonleigh Bridge (East Yard) Speedlink

Andrew P

4 hours ago, rob D2 said:

Nice video , very therapeutic . I liked the 31 winking at me ;)

Yep, it drives me mad on the Video, but as seen in a previous shot on the same Video, no flickering at all, and certainly none to the naked eye, Rob.

1 hour ago, gismorail said:

Another good running session this layout definitely has potential…..don’t tip it up young man 👍

Thanks Martin, and NO, it won't be ripped up,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,this week. 😅

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 37058 said:

Been keeping up to date on your YouTube channel. 

Very impressive and a proper era 👍

Cheers

Anthony 

Cheers Anthony, glad your one of my many subscribers, (about 1200 now I think) 👍.

• RMweb Gold

Essential piece of paper that point listing.  Will save oodles of time if you have to fault find.

And when you make the next set of changes . . .

:-)

Have you made a control panel for the fiddle yard yet?  Or is that permanently ‘digital’ operation?

Paul.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, 5BarVT said:

Essential piece of paper that point listing.  Will save oodles of time if you have to fault find.

And when you make the next set of changes . . .

:-)

Have you made a control panel for the fiddle yard yet?  Or is that permanently ‘digital’ operation?

Paul.

Hi Paul, Cheers, The Fiddle Yard will remain Digital for now, the biggest problem with that of course is deciding whether to use the middle or first Digit, and on which hand.  😁

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

1 hour ago, pwr said:

Looking forward to you starting the scenery Andy. 

Paul R

Cheers Paul, so am I, but unfortunately I don't think there will be much done over the next week or so.

Basically I twisted my knee a couple of weeks ago, and its got a lot worse, with a pain now from the hip to the shin bone, and the Dr has advised me to rest it as much as possible, so standing to work on the Layout has become very painful. I will need to find some sitting at the bench jobs, so I might be able to get the control panel wired, I hope.

• Friendly/supportive 11

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, Andrew P said:

the biggest problem with that of course is deciding whether to use the middle or first Digit, and on which hand.  😁

I was going to offer a suggestion there but, as I don't want to get banned, I won't.

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

On 07/10/2022 at 17:05, Andrew P said:

Cheers Paul, so am I, but unfortunately I don't think there will be much done over the next week or so.

Basically I twisted my knee a couple of weeks ago, and its got a lot worse, with a pain now from the hip to the shin bone, and the Dr has advised me to rest it as much as possible, so standing to work on the Layout has become very painful. I will need to find some sitting at the bench jobs, so I might be able to get the control panel wired, I hope.

Sorry to hear that Andy.

As you may recall I am still recovering from a knee replacement so I feel your pain!

Paul R

• Friendly/supportive 1

4 minutes ago, pwr said:

Sorry to hear that Andy.

As you may recall I am still recovering from a knee replacement so I feel your pain!

Paul R

Please don't tell me about the Opp, I feel squeamish enough just thinking about it 😃

• Friendly/supportive 1

After a couple of weeks away I today had the treat of watching the last 3 videos all together. A spot of binge watching! What these running sessions show is you have really nailed the track plan. You have managed to put a lot into what is really a relatively small space. It has the feel of a much larger layout. Well done. 

I know it is not in your plans but I would consider scenery in the fiddle yard too!

Hope your knee recovers soon

All the best

David 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, David Bell said:

After a couple of weeks away I today had the treat of watching the last 3 videos all together. A spot of binge watching! What these running sessions show is you have really nailed the track plan. You have managed to put a lot into what is really a relatively small space. It has the feel of a much larger layout. Well done. 

I know it is not in your plans but I would consider scenery in the fiddle yard too!

Hope your knee recovers soon

All the best

David 

Hi David and thanks, No plans to scenic the Fiddle Yard, but never say never is my moto. My friend Kevin, @Hampshire Hog is probably doing that with his new project, and for him, I think it would work well, so I might just wait and see. But first things first, and I need a LOT of detail on the main side before I move on to that idea. Cheers anyway David, nice idea.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Andy,

Haven't had time to get on to rmWeb much lately, so been catching up with a couple of your videos. Sorry to hear about the leg, its a pain in the wotsit when things like that happen. My mother is 72, she happen to slip on one step of the stairs about 3 months ago, didn't fall, or twist or bang her knee, just slipped off the edge of the step onto the next one.  Was very painful but adamant no hospital - next day changed her mind as she couldn't bare any weight on that leg at all .. 90 minutes in A&E (during which time she was assessed, x-rayed and reviewed by the doctor) revealled a hairline fracture of her knee!  Thats been a right pain in the knee for her for 3 months now, just about starting to get back to some normality.  So you have my sympathies.

Moral of the story is done mess about at band practice!!  Seriously, hope your feeling better soon. Enjoying your updates with the layout it is coming on more and more now.

Keep smiling!

Rich

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

15 hours ago, MarshLane said:

Hi Andy,

Haven't had time to get on to rmWeb much lately, so been catching up with a couple of your videos. Sorry to hear about the leg, its a pain in the wotsit when things like that happen. My mother is 72, she happen to slip on one step of the stairs about 3 months ago, didn't fall, or twist or bang her knee, just slipped off the edge of the step onto the next one.  Was very painful but adamant no hospital - next day changed her mind as she couldn't bare any weight on that leg at all .. 90 minutes in A&E (during which time she was assessed, x-rayed and reviewed by the doctor) revealled a hairline fracture of her knee!  Thats been a right pain in the knee for her for 3 months now, just about starting to get back to some normality.  So you have my sympathies.

Moral of the story is done mess about at band practice!!  Seriously, hope your feeling better soon. Enjoying your updates with the layout it is coming on more and more now.

Keep smiling!

Rich

Hi Rich, Cheers and sorry to hear about your Mum, glad she's on the mend mate.

I will take things a bit slower now, I'm more careful and try NOT to do silly things. Brain says I'm 21, the Body says; DON'T BE STUPID, your 72.🤣

Edited by Andrew P
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

So sorry to hear that your still experiencing pain and you need to listen to your body when it needs to take things easy.

I hope you see some improvement soon.

Brian

Mmmmmm I’m thinking that plans for at least 5 more layouts will be drawn up while your resting. 

• Like 1

HI Andy

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Are you icing your knee - might help; just a thought?

Its very frustrating when you can't get on like you want hopefully the short term rest will restore your long term mobility.

By the way every time I see your Grainflow wagon it reminds me that I would love to have one of these in O gauge. Shapeways have a 3D print on their site from BR Blue but the price is quite high so I need to bide my time!

Paul R

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dragonboy said:

So sorry to hear that your still experiencing pain and you need to listen to your body when it needs to take things easy.

I hope you see some improvement soon.

Brian

Mmmmmm I’m thinking that plans for at least 5 more layouts will be drawn up while your resting. 

Cheers Brian, Only 4 Layouts so far, but it is early days. 🤣

• Funny 1

3 hours ago, pwr said:

HI Andy

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Are you icing your knee - might help; just a thought?

Its very frustrating when you can't get on like you want hopefully the short term rest will restore your long term mobility.

By the way every time I see your Grainflow wagon it reminds me that I would love to have one of these in O gauge. Shapeways have a 3D print on their site from BR Blue but the price is quite high so I need to bide my time!

Paul R

I had 4 Grainflows in OO when they were £28 each, I sold them when I went to "O". They are now fetching over £75 for 00 ones.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1