Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Which Models would you wish from Dapol?

Stefen1988

• RMweb Gold

If it's not already been mentioned a VGA van and MEA wagons in 7mm. The MEA's are built on  old HEA wagon chassis so they are halfway there already. I'm sure Dapol could do the VGA at a sensible price to. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 18/10/2022 at 19:12, County of Yorkshire said:

Three “quick wins”:

- Shrink the O gauge GWR autocoach to OO

- Shrink the O gauge GWR B set coaches to OO

- Scale up the N gauge GWR Collett BG to OO. 

I wouldn’t say no to a Collett variant of the mogul too (with window cab). 

I’d buy a few of each! 

Cheers. 

I would be up for a OO gauge collett k42 bg. Would save me having to butcher one with Comet sides…. I would have thought that would be a quick win as the work is already done for N gauge variant.

• Like 1

On 21/04/2023 at 09:22, PeterStiles said:

N gauge Southern push-pull sets for M7s or Terriers to pull.

Opens possibility of box sets of M7/T with two coaches - or ever a Kato M1+train+coaches set :)

At the last club open day they had (2019?) they did announce a pull-push set would be done to go with the M7 as a box set. Not sure what happened to it though 

• RMweb Gold

Alterations to the track layout at Cwmdimbath mean a requirement for a lit operating GW ‘trident’ bracket signal; this would be suitable for many BLTs where the inbound home reads to the platform road as the main, and a bay on one side then a loop on the other which is access to the goods yard, so I might not be the only customer!  TTBOMK the only RTP model of such a device was the 1950s Britains, crude by current standards but it was a sensible range.  

• Agree 1

Hi everyone. If I am to add to the roster list. I would like to see some Murco TDA tank cars and the post-2006 TEA Tank cars in OO gauge. With the new Cavalex Models Class 60 coming out. Some new Murco TDA's and rusted debranded ones like those used on the Colnbrook-Lindsey Aviation Fuel trains would be ideal. Please make them more robust as not only would the price be more inline with the other range of freight cars. They will be less likely to fall apart in transit and handling. Personally I like to have a 50/50 for detail/robustness. 

As for N gauge. Maybe a new Class 60 with day/night lights, sound option and working marker lights please. The technology is already there as demonstrated with other brands that make an N scale Class 92, hint hint ;). 

• RMweb Premium

Farish have already done a sound-fitted 60, and it’s one of their best models IMO. I never quite understand people’s desperation for myriad lighting combinations. There would be a very long list of models ahead of the 60 I’d sooner see redone. 

• 1 month later...

I was wondering if Dapol would consider the Class 116 DMU in N gauge? We currently have no larger suburban DMU in N gauge & nothing proposed.

Where the Class 117 is concerned its always a case of if Farish will or won't they shrink they're OO gauge one since that was announced a few years ago...

The 116 saw operations widespread for a number of years & would be an amazing addition to the N gauge DMU range.

Cheers, 

Mark

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, 1977joey said:

I was wondering if Dapol would consider the Class 116 DMU in N gauge? We currently have no larger suburban DMU in N gauge & nothing proposed.

Where the Class 117 is concerned its always a case of if Farish will or won't they shrink they're OO gauge one since that was announced a few years ago...

The 116 saw operations widespread for a number of years & would be an amazing addition to the N gauge DMU range.

Cheers, 

Mark

Yeah, it never ceases to amaze me that Dapol haven't used their 121/122 as a basis of a 116/117.

• Agree 2

On 13/06/2023 at 13:12, paulbb said:

A class 22 in O gauge.  no apologies for repetition.

On 14/06/2023 at 10:01, F-UnitMad said:

You'd think they'd be getting the message by now.... 🙄🤣

*Bump* !!!! 😁👍

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Many thanks for all the suggestions. Quite a few of these have been discussed and some may have made the cut and some may not - at least this year.

I'd love to do a Class 85 or 117 but would be too concerned about another manufacturer taking the shrink-ray to their OO models. Research and development is the most time consuming part of a new project, so if your competitor has done theirs already it is a big risk.

• Like 4