RMweb

Bachmann OO9 'mainline' Hunslets

AY Mod

1 hour ago, Steamport Southport said:

That was a surprise.....

😛

0-4-0STT version of Linda.

Jason

Definitely a surprise - I was wondering (before the announcement) if it was going to be the 2-4-0STT version 

Edited by 5Dublo2

Kind of managed to call it in the other Bachmann announcement thread, though wasn't expecting the 0-4-0STT as others have said.

This however bodes very well for the modern day FR locos. With the Peco Bowsiders due in 2023 (and hopefully FR Ladies) I'm excited to have my first go at 009 gauge modelling!

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, JSpencer said:

Linda in 0-4-0 STT. Nice but I'll wait for her in 2-4-0STT.

Agreed! I much prefer the 2-4-0STT version, fingers crossed it might be in the February announcements. 

Fantastic to see Bachmann bringing out these stunning narrow gauge engines. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
23 minutes ago, didcot said:

My wallet is complaining and I suspect my good lady wife will if I add another preorder to the list. But what to do...

I have Charles on pre-order and I’m debating wether to make a quick call to cancel him and get a Linda instead, or wether to get a Linda as well. Due to projects coming to fruition at a Accurascale i am receiving a LOT of trains in a short space of time. Might have to buy my wife another organ to make up for it!

• RMweb Gold
44 minutes ago, nightstar.train said:

I have Charles on pre-order and I’m debating wether to make a quick call to cancel him and get a Linda instead, or wether to get a Linda as well. Due to projects coming to fruition at a Accurascale i am receiving a LOT of trains in a short space of time. Might have to buy my wife another organ to make up for it!

im in the same boat, I like Charles for the livery and have it in order but Linda is lovely as she has a tender behind 

• RMweb Premium
25 minutes ago, big jim said:

im in the same boat, I like Charles for the livery and have it in order but Linda is lovely as she has a tender behind 

And then Blanche will come along with the tender cab and is another must buy. My son already has a Blanche, so one of them will get a rename. 

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, PaulRhB said:

No doubt both will appear in post 1969 form with the pony truck and front extension next. This model is 1964-69 according to other forums. 

Thanks for mentioning that, I had totally missed that this was still an 0-4-0 and not the later 2-4-0! Almost ordered .. I'll wait until the later version arrives, which I am sure it will.

Linda has run since 1964 with the tender off Welsh Pony, which was widened. In 1963 it ran with the tender off Palmerston.

Blanche has run since 1965 with the cab fitted tender (which new in 1965 ). In 1964 it ran with the tender off Palmerston.

Consequently when Welsh Pony was restored a new replica tender had to be constructed. 

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Just noticed Rails are listing the sound fitted Charles as in stock.  The payment was processed so with any luck in a day or two I should have my first quarry Hunslet.  Just got to start the layout to run them all on now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CotBob said:

Just noticed Rails are listing the sound fitted Charles as in stock.  The payment was processed so with any luck in a day or two I should have my first quarry Hunslet.  Just got to start the layout to run them all on now.

Interesting if they are right!  Bachmann still saying Dec/Jan, but will be a nice present if its here already!

https://railsofsheffield.com/products/Bachmann-391-126sf-mainline-hunslet-0-4-0st-charles-penrhyn-quarry-lined-black-late-dcc-sound

Yep, product page says he's in stock.

Tempted now I've moved my Linda pre-order to the new FR version. Still would really like a PQR version but not sure my wallet could stand it!

EDIT: Rails now reporting that PQR Linda is incoming on their website. 

Edited by LNERandBR

• RMweb Gold

My video is not so well produced, in fact it could be said to be a bit raw.  It is, as it says of Charles not working well on a Digitrax DCS51 as with my Livingston Thompson it does not maintain speed consistently.  This clip actually doesn't show the issue at it's worst I may upload another of it trying to crawl later.  The speed fluctuations that are shown are a result of some problem with the Bachmann programmed chip and the control.  It is flawless on a Lenz system and only effects Bachmann locos with their projects the two Baldwins I have with Digitrains projects are fine, so go figure.

Er enjoy?

Edited by CotBob
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, CotBob said:

It is flawless on a Lenz system and only effects Bachmann locos with their projects the two Baldwins I have with Digitrains projects are fine, so go figure.

Sounds like it’s 50/50 if it works fine on Lenz and other projects work on the Digitrax.
That variation makes me suspect it’s either the analogue being turned on confusing the  older Digitrax system or a BEMF setting not being read well by the Digitrax system. Make sure you record cv settings so you can return them to normal if these don’t work 😉

Analogue is enabled as standard on them so try reading then reducing the value in cv29 by 4 to switch it off and see if that helps? If not return it to the original value you read. 

Or you could compare the BEMF levels on the two projects, cv58, and if they’re different, you could try altering them to match or it would be worth reading the Zimo manual pages 17-20 to see some ideas about altering it along with cv9. 

Edited by PaulRhB
Edit to correct bit number

1 minute ago, PaulRhB said:

Analogue is enabled as standard on them so try reading then reducing the value in cv29 by 1 to switch it off and see if that helps? If not return it to the original value you read. 

Or on the Lenz system you read cv29 then turn 'bit 1' off the same way as you would turn a function off when controlling the train.

That's the most useful part of programming using a lenz controller I find 😄

• RMweb Gold
40 minutes ago, LNERandBR said:

Or on the Lenz system you read cv29 then turn 'bit 1' off the same way as you would turn a function off when controlling the train.

It’s bit 2 for analogue / DCC 😉 Note the ideas above are guesses from previous issues with different systems. 

96108657-3A76-44B0-88A2-3285D45B1BBC.jpeg.00adda4e76e48e1fe30f999b7da27273.jpeg

Edited by PaulRhB