AY Mod

• Moderators

BACHMANN NARROW GAUGE – OO9 SCALE MAINLINE HUNSLET SPECIFICATION

391-125-1.jpg

391-125-2.jpg

391-125-3.jpg

391-125-4.jpg

391-125-5.jpg

The Mainline Hunslet is the latest addition to Bachmann Europe’s award-winning Bachmann Narrow Gauge range and is the perfect model with which to follow the brand’s award-winning Double Fairlie locomotives released in 2021. The ‘Ladies’, Linda and Blanche, are well known members of the Ffestiniog Railway fleet where they work alongside the Double Fairlies, however these Bachmann Narrow Gauge models depict the Mainline Hunslets during their working lives when they were employed on the Penrhyn Quarry Railway in North Wales.

A Class of just three locomotives, each of the Mainline Hunslets can now be modelled faithfully at various points during their working lives thanks to our versatile tooling suite. Incorporating the highest levels of detail to produce a model of supreme fidelity, each model is brought to life with an exquisite livery application using the latest paint application techniques for the most authentic of finishes.

391-125-7.jpg
These small but mighty models feature a diecast metal saddle tank, cylinder block, frames and footplate; coupled with a precision moulded cab, smokebox and other separate detail components to produce a model that is strong and robust yet intricately detailed. The cab interior is a work of art and behind the hinged, posable firebox door, firebox lighting is fitted, a first for Bachmann Narrow Gauge. With a Next18 DCC decoder socket and a pre-fitted speaker it’s easy to convert the Mainline Hunslet to DCC running – but it’s easier still to opt for a SOUND FITTED model and enjoy the added dimension of sound on both analogue control and DCC straight out of the box.

MECHANISM:
 Coreless motor with flywheel
 Electrical pickup from all wheels
 Separate metal bearings fitted to each axle
 Diecast metal chassis block
 9mm (OO9 narrow gauge) wheels to NEM310 standards with authentic profile and detailing
 Coupling pockets to NEM355 standards fitted to each bogie, into which a standard OO9 coupling hook assembly is fitted (hook and loop coupling also supplied for optional fitting)
 Designed to operate on curves of first radius (228.6mm) or greater
DETAILING:
 Diecast metal cylinder block, frames, footplate and saddle tank
 Precision moulded plastic smokebox and cab
 Highly detailed and decorated cab interior including separately fitted regulator, reverser leaver, handbrake, and gauge frames and hinged firebox door which can be posed open/closed
 Separately applied details including reverser, injectors, handrails, smokebox dart, whistle and tool brackets (where applicable)
 Each model supplied with a set of authentically decorated etched name plates and works plates
Lighting:
 Firebox Glow (on analogue) / Firebox Glow & Flicker (on DCC or when SOUND FITTED models are used on analogue)
DCC:
 Next18 DCC decoder interface
SOUND:
 Speaker installed in all models for optimum sound reproduction
 Zimo MX659N18 DCC Sound Decoder fitted to SOUND FITTED versions
 Sound files produced specifically for the Bachmann Narrow Gauge Mainline Hunslet using recordings from real locomotives
 SOUND FITTED models operate on DCC and Analogue control as supplied
LIVERY APPLICATION:
 Authentic liveries applied to all models
 Multiple paint applications employed on each model
 Logos, numerals and text added as appropriate using multi-stage tampo printing incorporating authentic typefaces, logos and colours

ITEM NO.           SCALE          DESCRIPTION             RRP
391-125 OO9 Mainline Hunslet 0-4-0ST 'Blanche' Penrhyn Quarry Lined Black (Early) £189.95

391-125SF OO9 Mainline Hunslet 0-4-0ST 'Blanche' Penrhyn Quarry Lined Black (Early) £289.95

391-125.jpg
391-126 OO9 Mainline Hunslet 0-4-0ST 'Charles' Penrhyn Quarry Lined Black (Late) £189.95
391-126SF OO9 Mainline Hunslet 0-4-0ST 'Charles' Penrhyn Quarry Lined Black (Late) £289.95

391-126-1.jpg
391-127 OO9 Mainline Hunslet 0-4-0ST 'Linda' Penrhyn Quarry Lined Black (Late) [W] £199.95
391-127SF OO9 Mainline Hunslet 0-4-0ST 'Linda' Penrhyn Quarry Lined Black (Late) [W] £299.95

391-127-6.jpg

391-127SF-1.jpg

The Narrow Gauge theme continues in the Scenecraft range where the Ffestiniog Railway’s famous Harbour Station at Porthmadog is replicated in 4mm scale. The trio of buildings is available in two colour schemes.

ITEM NO. SCALE DESCRIPTION RRP

44-0169G OO9 Harbour Station Booking Office - Green £54.95

44-0169G.jpg
44-0169R OO9 Harbour Station Booking Office - Red £54.95

44-0169R.jpg
44-0170G OO9 Harbour Station Main Hall - Green £84.95

44-0170G.jpg
44-0170R OO9 Harbour Station Main Hall - Red £84.95

44-0170R.jpg
44-0171G OO9 Harbour Station Gents and Office - Green £54.95

44-0171G.jpg
44-0171R OO9 Harbour Station Gents and Office - Red £54.95

44-0171R.jpg

• Like 8
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, ELTEL said:

The Hunslets look absolutely stunning and I will be very tempted to have a dabble in 009 

Well done Bachmann

Terry 

Plus the Penrhyn livery makes them a perfect match to the quarry Hunslet in Penrhyn livery too 😁

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

This is a wonderful announcement! When the footage started of the preserved versions I thought "oh that's really nice, but not for me" and then they throw the curve ball of announcing them as in service condition. I could not be happier with that turn of events and will most definitely be buying one 😄

Top job Bachmann!

• Agree 1

Don't know what to think on the weathering on Linda. Need to see her in the flesh I think. 

I thought the difference between the Penrhyn and FR versions would be too great to do at once. There is a lot of differences.

I do hope they do sell well and an FR version is announced.

• RMweb Gold

Well, I like most other people, was caught by surprise by that announcement. I have already ordered Charles to go with my 16mm scale Roundhouse live steam loco. However all this buying locomotives and stock slows down the building of the layout there is only so much money. 

This seems like a very sound choice, as engines that can legitimately run with the Quarry Hunslets and the Fairlie (depending which variant is modelled, of course).

I like the weathered finish, too - I'm not a fan of factory weathering as a rule, but I think that captures the work-worn look without going over-the-top. I'd probably add a few more streaks of grime and rust here and there as a matter of personal taste, but I'd be perfectly happy to run the model as is in an industrial setting.

11 minutes ago, HonestTom said:

This seems like a very sound choice, as engines that can legitimately run with the Quarry Hunslets and the Fairlie (depending which variant is modelled, of course).

I like the weathered finish, too - I'm not a fan of factory weathering as a rule, but I think that captures the work-worn look without going over-the-top. I'd probably add a few more streaks of grime and rust here and there as a matter of personal taste, but I'd be perfectly happy to run the model as is in an industrial setting.

I don't think it ever got rusty though. They were pets.

Here it is in 1963. Just needs a black England tender* and you've got an early preservation era FR loco.

https://www.festipedia.org.uk/wiki/Linda#/media/File:GMPLP26-08-63.jpg

https://www.festipedia.org.uk/wiki/Linda

*Someone must do them

Jason

• Informative/Useful 2

Great announcement by Bachmann and I can see the range being very good for Bachmann.co.uk  Those Penrhyn quarry versions of the "ladies and Charles" look really nice - apart from the pipework on the tankside.  It looks like moulding whereas an etch might be more accurate maybe.

I imagine the "ladies" in FR condition will be the big interest for 009 collectors and modellers, and I am sure Bachmann are already working on them, but it will be interesting they try to incorporate the pony truck under the front end which they gained at Boston Lodge. I think the pony wheels sit between the frames on the 1:1 scale and are not very visible, and would have real swing issues on 009 track.

The other difference is that Blanche received piston valve cyclinders a long time ago, compared to Linda who retains her slide valves.  Wonder if Bachmann will accommodate the variation, given it really is a tiny difference. 

Harbour station buildings too !!!! I foresee a huge uptake in modelling the F&WHR both in RTR and maybe 3D printed ware.  The NGG16 would be an impressive beast with an eyewatering pricetag - obviously acknowledging they have been produced as etched kits before now.

Well done Bachmann 

• RMweb Premium

What a surprising announcement. I will certainly be buying Charles when I visit Warley. I really hope that Bachmann will do the FR versions, I'd definitely take either of the ladies in current condition. My under construction 009 layout has far too many steam locos, considering they're only supposed to run as specials. Oh well, specials will have to run more often! 

• Like 1

Bristol Area Group have been posting some pictures of Linda at Port Penrhyn on their bookface page. Really am torn over that weathering finish Bachmann have gone for.

I'm in two minds between Linda and Charles here. Sound fitted as my Fairlie is awesome.