Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Hornby - Warley Model Railway Exhibition Special announcement 26.11.22

RyanN91

22 hours ago, ThaneofFife said:

yes its a bit tedious..... but it wont be........

any AC electric bo-bo's in TT

Class 81 in 00

Rerun of IC Executive Mk3s with silver window frames using the newer slam door 3a  tooling

HST in early executive livery in 00

some decent looking catenary in 00

painted samples of the upcoming 87009 or 87006 to stare at....... 

Early Exec livery HST power cars and coaches get my vote as well!!

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Hroth said:

I thought the expression was OO12 or OO-12?  

OO scale on 12mm gauge = 3' narrow gauge.

If Hornby jumped up to O-12, that would give O scale on 12mm track = 1' 8.6"* narrow gauge...

* Approx...

I think it's more usually called OOn3 these days but if it were to be in the offing, it might explain the rather nondescript look of Hornby's TT:120 track.

Given that the greatest choice of "local" prototypes would be Irish, though, it might be more likely to tickle Accurascale's fancy.

John

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

Owing to industrial inaction on the part of various railway industry trade union folk I am going to the Warley show on Sunday.

I was intending going on Saturday but Public transport constraints would probably involve leaving on Friday afternoon and getting home on Sunday teatime. Using the bus would mean leaving home at 9.45pm on Friday and arriving back at 10.45am on Sunday with two nights trying to sleep on the bus and any convenient bench. It would also cost about £51. The nearest hotel I could find was a doss house in Saltley for well over £100 if I go by train.

To get a full day there by car would mean about a 14 hour round trip with 25 litres of diesel and the car park charge, plus I would be good for naff all on Sunday.

Sunday by public transport is a non-starter as I can't get there before lunchtime.

I did (tongue in cheek) check flights but would have to do Manchester - Fraggle Rock - Birmingham - Dublin - Manchester at a cost of £500.

All very annoying as I can usually get to Birmingham International by 9.15am and have a good train to get me home by about 9pm.

Think I may have to resort to following on the internet, doing a bit of modelling and perhaps spend the money saved on an extra bit of railway equipment.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Phatbob said:

Ah, "inspired by" Clubcard points. I really hope that's not the big announcement as it's so utterly  underwhelming.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

I'm pretty sure they won't be dropping the "inspired by" range, but will be just changing it a little : -

The all new "Inspired by our competitors" range - coming in just before they do!

Kev.

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold

They're going to make a proper Palethorpes Van. It's a dead cert because following my recent work on building an SR Banana Van and LNER Hopper Wagon I've just done the chassis building for two of them and am about to start the cut'n'shut of the bodies.

I know it's true because I have form in this direction with the Limbach 94xx, Pillbox brake, Plate wagons, coke wagons, SR 8-plank open............etc.

They still haven't caught up with me on LMS Vestibule stock, although there is a nice P3 one in the Coronation Scot stock which was a conversion of a standard version......meanwhile......🍺 o'clock calls.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Nova Scotian said:

A chance to experience something special? Something new and exciting for all of us?

For ALL of us? I model American 2-rail O Scale. Hell will freeze over before Hornby do anything for me.

Hope you all wrap up on Saturday....

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

I've just seen the announcement of the "loyalty programme" on Faceache, which has attracted a lot of comment about their loyalty to their retailers.  Clearly loyalty in Margate is a one way street.

Given the absolute brass neck of announcing an online only loyalty programme bypassing their once loyal retailers who kept them alive when bankruptcy loomed, I wonder if the new experience they are touting at Warley might be a partnership with the makers of Brasso.

• Like 4
  • Agree 4

3 hours ago, irishmail said:

You can never have too many rats. 😁

Oh yes you can...................or as one of my cats thought so this morning with a present!   Cats are now in the doghouse (or cathouse I suppose) but my wife tells me off!

Mind you I did laugh.

39dc8a46-6935-4a74-ac1a-8f221904a5ac.JPG

• Funny 3