RMweb

Hornby Collectors' Club Exclusive - BR Princess Coronation 4-6-2 ‘Coronation’ No. 46220

AY Mod

Might be underwhelming, but when the club discount is automatically applied, it's only £135. 

I wonder if this is the correct price? I've ordered one at £135 so let's see if it sticks at that.

Cheers,

Edit: this also happens to be the exact condition I wanted to model 46220 in anyway

Edited by 60800
  • Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

9 minutes ago, 60800 said:

Might be underwhelming, but when the club discount is automatically applied, it's only £135. 

I wonder if this is the correct price? I've ordered one at £135 so let's see if it sticks at that.

Cheers,

Edit: this also happens to be the exact condition I wanted to model 46220 in anyway

More like £240 less the 10% club discount I would have thought.

The forthcoming City of London is priced at £241.99!

Edited by Black 5 Bear

• RMweb Premium
32 minutes ago, Hilux5972 said:

Is that it? Wow what a let down. 

I guess TT:120 has used up their quota of "ballsy" announcements for a decade, so we're back to "slightly different express loco" 

Edited by spamcan61
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

This thread already seems to encompass the divergence between Hornby's core market and RMWeb readers. It's like a Venn diagram with no overlap.

Am I interested in this? Not particularly. In that vein all the 'so what' comments could apply to me. Does it make sense for Hornby's core market? Even I can see it does. It's a pretty, blue steam loco with a Royal connection. So I am sure it will sell well. Meanwhile, announcements such as the Heljan 86/2 suit me down to the ground but are unlikely to set the pulses racing for the average Sunday supplement reader.

• Like 1
  • Agree 6
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, andyman7 said:

This thread already seems to encompass the divergence between Hornby's core market and RMWeb readers. It's like a Venn diagram with no overlap.

Am I interested in this? Not particularly. In that vein all the 'so what' comments could apply to me. Does it make sense for Hornby's core market? Even I can see it does. It's a pretty, blue steam loco with a Royal connection. So I am sure it will sell well. Meanwhile, announcements such as the Heljan 86/2 suit me down to the ground but are unlikely to set the pulses racing for the average Sunday supplement reader.

Well it should inevitably sell well if they're only selling 500😇.    They clearly know their (captive) market for sales via this route and will therefore adjust the size of their order from the factory to suit and price it according to the return they need to get from a limited number of models.

There might well be some people on RMweb who will buy it but equally there will be some who don't - and we don't know how many of the former there are on RMweb.  But judging by the size of RMweb's membership statistically there might well be a recognisable percentage of the sales to RMweb members but neither you nor I know how many there will be.  Equally statistically it is blindingly obvious that the vast majority of RMweb members will not buy it for the very simple reason that Hornby are not offering umpteen thousand of these for general sale but a restricted number to a specific market.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

Well it should inevitably sell well if they're only selling 500😇.    They clearly know their (captive) market for sales via this route and will therefore adjust the size of their order from the factory to suit and price it according to the return they need to get from a limited number of models.

Dunno.

A few years ago Hornby offered "Flying Scotsman" with a white cab roof through the Club, the year they also had "Manston" and two of the old-style Terriers, all at bargain prices.  I joined the Club to get the BoB and the Terriers, but left the "Scotsman" well alone, as many did.  Hornby ended up flogging it off to Hattons to see the back of it!  The "Scotsman" was also limited numbers, but they badly judged the demand there.

Edited by Hroth
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold

Hornby’s just spent millions on preparing to bring TT120 to market. There’s no way you can expect a company to repeat that type of announcement in such a short time. I was expecting a loco possible new but probably just in a new a paint job.

before switching to pre-war LMS I would have been over the moon with a big blue Princess Coronation class. I’m sure some people will be happy. That’s a big ✔️ 

On the plus side on other sites people have been rising questions about a model especially for collectors club. That’s a big ✔️ 

Hornby hasn’t announced a all new class 50 which is a Big ✔️ 

Not to mention this hasn’t  fallen into ‘ Hornby the bad guy’ category but we can’t please everyone all the time. Big  

3 out of four isn’t bad is it. 

• Like 3