Current Situation with Deliveries

Widnes Model Centre

• RMweb Premium

I like to keep a few stamps for when I need to send a letter and it appears that I have to send them to Royal Mail by the end of January so that they can exchange them for bar-coded ones. Whatever. So, on Wednesday morning, seeing no queue at the local Tesco service desk, I asked for some stamps to tide me over. The reply was "Sorry, we have none as the Post Office has no stamps and so all the shops in town that sell stamps have also sold out". What?  To quote Mr Meldrew. "I don't believe it".  I suppose it's one way for Royal Mail to reduce the backlog.

On a positive note:

Thur 1514; e-mail from Kernow with the invoice for the Bachmann 158 I had on pre-order
Fri 1042: e-mail from Kernow saying order has been shipped by DPD Local, Next Working Day 

Sat 1351: e-mail from DPD Local saying parcel will be delivered today between 1641 and 1741

Sat 1712: doorbell rings and Shaun standing there ready to take photo of parcel on door step.

So many thanks to Kernow and DPD Local for overnight delivery from SW England to SE Scotland.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
19 hours ago, Gilbert said:

I had thought as much...my parcel is also from Derails in Coleford....maybe they have lots of storage space at the sites referred to......

I'm doomed....

Your item has reached Bristol MC.......

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

My Kernow parcel seems to have thankfully bypassed Bristol, having leapt from Truro to Southampton overnight.  Mind you, there is no telling what state Southampton MC is like though and it still has to get through Bognor yet...

14 hours ago, APOLLO said:

It's in there somewhere !!

image.png.24e03fe34f2db80597bde4a75131166b.png

Brit15

Despite the horror picture above my package which had spent over 2 weeks at Chelmsford was tracked arriving in Bristol on Wednesday 14/12. I thought that I wouldn’t see it for a couple more days as Wednesday/Thursday were strike days. I was expecting a delivery from Amazon so when there was a knock on the door I assumed that was it,

however it was missing package from  Scograil, which had taken a mere 16 days to arrive. I presume it didn’t get involved in the logjams at Bristol but sailed straight through!

Edited by d46037
  • Like 1

I ordered trainers from Amazon and received a boiler suit....! Within half an hour of receiving it it was back in the post. I went to the Post Office with the Amazon print and return facility. That was 3rd December and it's still not arrived backwith Amazon.  Spent 7 days in Didcot and then the rest of the time at Milton Keynes! It was 48 hour tracked! I won't get a refund until its returned. 

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, didcot said:

Just a thought can you claim compensation from RM for items that are not delivered in time? For example next day tracked takes a week. You've paid for the service after all.

They've suspended all guarantees. I sent an expensive 1pm next day Special Delivery (I needed it for the insurance anyway) which took 5 days.. no compo

Chris

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
28 minutes ago, didcot said:

I ordered trainers from Amazon and received a boiler suit....! Within half an hour of receiving it it was back in the post. I went to the Post Office with the Amazon print and return facility. That was 3rd December and it's still not arrived backwith Amazon.  Spent 7 days in Didcot and then the rest of the time at Milton Keynes! It was 48 hour tracked! I won't get a refund until its returned. 

You should get a refund when the proof of posting/tracking is received.

I've had that each time I've had to send stuff back. One item didn't register at Amazon for a couple of weeks, but I had had my refund.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, melmerby said:

You should get a refund when the proof of posting/tracking is received.

I've had that each time I've had to send stuff back. One item didn't register at Amazon for a couple of weeks, but I had had my refund.

Same here, always refunded (well, notification of - it of course takes a few days to actually show....) as soon as the item is scanned into the courier system.

Madness! If I'd known about this last week, I'd probably have held off on the three orders I just placed recently. All within the last week, actually. 

Well, I'm just going to have to see what happens, I guess. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

16 hours ago, Gilbert said:

They've suspended all guarantees. I sent an expensive 1pm next day Special Delivery (I needed it for the insurance anyway) which took 5 days.. no compo

Chris

I've done the same as you. After disappearing off the radar since Friday, its now in leeds and on its way to York (yay!)So only 1 and a bit days late so far. I was wondering if I could get them for not bothering to track it😕

Edited by Sjcm

On 15/12/2022 at 08:10, Sjcm said:

I've got something for sale on eBay that ends tomorrow. Gonna take the hit and send it first class tracked but at the moment I'm praying someone from abroad buys it because then it becomes Ebay's problem😂

I cannot remember the last time I sent a 2nd class package, the cost difference is quite low and I advertise I send packets 1st class and charge accordingly. As a buyer I would rather spend an extra £ and get it quicker, the only thing I bulk at is where someone overcharges for 2nd class mail. I price in recorded delivery service if needed, if something sells where it needs special delivery for insurance purposes I an happy to subsidise the cost

My posts clearly state my charges  are for post and packing, first class delivery and recorded delivery for items I expect to sell £25 or over. Those who dislike the charges I expect don't bother bidding. I also confirm I have posted the item giving the service I have used. My view is its worth going the extra mile, but then I don't ever sell that much. 

I have considered using other couriers but I guess they also have their own issues

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Bucoops said:

RM may be prioritising parcels but they still managed to deliver the letters from the council fining us for taking little madam out of school for a holiday 🤣 still £120 to save over £2k is a bargain.

They certainly seem to be prioritising anything that doesn't look like a Christmas card, as in the last 2 weeks up to this morning, all I'd received in the post was one card (at the beginning of that period) and a Bank Statement.

An Insurance renewal and the Winter GCR magazine turned up today, but no sign of any more of the expected cards.....

Edited by Johann Marsbar

57 minutes ago, hayfield said:

I cannot remember the last time I sent a 2nd class package, the cost difference is quite low and I advertise I send packets 1st class and charge accordingly. As a buyer I would rather spend an extra £ and get it quicker, the only thing I bulk at is where someone overcharges for 2nd class mail. I price in recorded delivery service if needed, if something sells where it needs special delivery for insurance purposes I an happy to subsidise the cost

My posts clearly state my charges  are for post and packing, first class delivery and recorded delivery for items I expect to sell £25 or over. Those who dislike the charges I expect don't bother bidding. I also confirm I have posted the item giving the service I have used. My view is its worth going the extra mile, but then I don't ever sell that much. 

I have considered using other couriers but I guess they also have their own issues

I haven't ever lost a parcel with royal mail, or had bad delays to be honest. I always offer 2nd class and if it goes over 20 pounds it gets upgraded at my cost, and likewise 50. I've had delays buying but it's usually down to the seller (claiming they sent it, and obviously haven't bothered for a week) Damage wise, again I package stuff robustly, so never had damage, but again royal mail seem pretty good. I once received an unboxed train wrapped in a sellataped binbag and that got to me unscathed somehow😂

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 18/12/2022 at 07:33, Gilbert said:

I'm doomed....

Your item has reached Bristol MC.......

Well...I'm surprised but our regular postie delivered my package this morning. Posted on 13th in Coleford and delivered here today. I'm happy.

• Like 3

On 18/12/2022 at 08:31, John M Upton said:

My Kernow parcel seems to have thankfully bypassed Bristol, having leapt from Truro to Southampton overnight.  Mind you, there is no telling what state Southampton MC is like though and it still has to get through Bognor yet...

I had a parcel arrive there Tuesday and it reached Cardiff on Friday so its not as bad as other depots it seems