Hornby A Model World 2023

Hroth

1 minute ago, JaymzHatstand said:

I'd imagine old Si would even loose out in a contest of knowing what was important to the market he purports to serve!

Imagine discovering that VCM was a secret modeller! Mind, having seen her performance on Taskmaster, I don't think the practical aspects would be quite up her street!

I'll have a watch, it's more interesting for the other aspects of the company to be honest, the Airfix segments last series were particularly good.

Cheers

J

Nor on QI.

Though Sandy Toksvig has a Hornby Jinty running around her skirting board...

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, JaymzHatstand said:

it's more interesting for the other aspects of the company to be honest, the Airfix segments last series were particularly good.

No sign of other brands until Pt. 4 - that'll be down to the production company rather than Hornby though.

• Like 2

• Moderators
Just now, Hroth said:

Though Sandy Toksvig has a Hornby Jinty running around her skirting board...

Those people with eye-level layouts again! I do like her though.

• Like 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Hroth said:

I quite enjoy UC, especially the alumni series over Christmas, where I found I did quite well against the teams both on starters and supplimentaries. I suppose its more difficult under studio conditions!  On the other hand, Only Connect is just weird...

Are those sponge bricks still available? They're better for throwing at the telly than shouting and cursing yourself hoarse!

In previous years, the Radio Times was always a Christmas indulgence, this year the price was identical to a model railway magazine so I reluctantly replaced it for a far cheaper alternative listings mag.  Must say the festive viewing options were rather poor...

Hmmm...The detectorists malign UC! It's OC for me, at least for the time being.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Watched several of the first series on my iPad with a pair of headphones attached lying in a hospital bed. I was mightily glad of the familiarity and distracting escapism. So yes I’ll be watching as they say for old times sake and thinking…I’m bloody glad to be here for Series 2. SK ? Love him or otherwise,you can’t ignore the fact that he’s been,along with Graham Hubbard,a major player in the resurgence of railway modelling for two decades now and still going strong. So what’s that if not a passion?  Have a laugh if we must but keep that in mind too. 

And after the Big H hour on Yesterday we have a repeat (  I think ) of Tim Dunn’s  The Architecture The Railways built…..a tonic to watch.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

• AY Mod locked this topic