New Announcement - Accurascale Deltics Are Back And Suitably Enhanced

• RMweb Gold

Seriously thinking of getting 55022 but I had hoped it would have been done in BR Blue with the high intensity headlight, prior to it’s recent repaint back into two tone green.  Decisions, decisions lol

Hi All,

I have succumbed….

Although slightly out of my modelling timeline, I have decided to invoke ‘Rule 1’.

Having seem all the ‘hype’ on the first batch (& justifiably too), I was looking for a particular version that was omitted first time around.

The internet crackled into life….

An email tumbled into my inbox….

A communication from Accurascale about another run of their Deltics.

Would I be lucky?

Oh yes, oh yes…

I have ordered the sound fitted variant.

‘What model?’ I hear you ask.

Royal Scots Grey.

I am really looking forward to receiving this next year.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

23 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @40002

Many thanks for your vote of confidence. As we say, we have taken feedback on board to make our Deltics even better than they were before. We're sure this will show the power of engagement between us and customers as I explain in the video.

Cheers!

Fran 

Indeed I can see that's the case and most welcome. Don't get me wrong its a superb looking model but the areas that are now being revised I found more than a little troublesome.  

As a result I have now decided to buy 004 as well as 13 and reluctantly sell one of my two Mk1 versions.

It will be interesting to see whether or not the current ebay premium reduces although I suspect not  given the new version is 12 months away and some versions wont be available on the second run.

• RMweb Premium

I see there’s a sound fitted 16 on the bay currently. Sat at the £400 mark with time still left. If only people looked outside of eBay, could have pre ordered a new one for much less and with full warranty. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Ncarter2 said:

I see there’s a sound fitted 16 on the bay currently. Sat at the £400 mark with time still left. If only people looked outside of eBay, could have pre ordered a new one for much less and with full warranty. 

To be fair, the one on eBay was listed and bid on before Accurascale announced the second run. I bet the current winning bidder, after kicking oneself, will either retract his/her bid or simply not pay. 

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, Ncarter2 said:

Wouldn't a first edition be worth more?

I coughed up yesterday for D9000/55022 sound version as it's the one I was hoping they would do on the second run. I know they won't do it but it would be nice if they altered the station announcements on the sound decoder to fit in with the locos career at that time eg Birmingham Ramsgate etc. 

Maybe more realistic ebay prices are about to set in as a result of the second run, not good for me as I'm about to sell one, but there one for sale at £220 and that includes a non sound Accurascale DCC decoder as well cheapest I have seen . Mind its not very descriptive and you do have look at the photo's to see which version it is.  

Edited by 40002

On 27/01/2023 at 21:28, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

We’ve been testing our pre-production tweaked Deltic at a top secret Dublin location tonight but thought we’d treat you to a sneak peek. As you can see, we’ve gone to town. 

FE75B2D9-97D5-4A90-B0ED-1FBDE6AFDE4B.jpeg.e1c24aa154347bcd195c49863e664a52.jpeg

Excitied? We are! 

Cheers!

Fran 

Andy York.jpg

• Funny 9
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Order placed for my purple beast. Missed out first time around. Not losing out again! Amazing that the price including shipping in NZD is not much more than some Hornby locos in Pounds! 

8547E106-6F10-4972-AB8E-015860B855B4.png

Edited by Hilux5972
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Hilux5972 said:

Order placed for my purple beast. Missed out first time around. Not losing out again! Amazing that the price including shipping in NZD is not much more than some Hornby locos in Pounds! 

8547E106-6F10-4972-AB8E-015860B855B4.png

I like your order number

47474… Sir Rowland Hill, looked great in Parcel livery, a regular from Crewe around Manchester and North West.

Edit.. my order was a GW150 class 47 !

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

59 minutes ago, MikeParkin65 said:

Saw that on Facebook - do we know whether it’s ‘as preserved’ or 1960s original?

From the livery diagrams its got the quarterlight windows, so 1960s. Also basedon current painting d9015 will enter service in green no yellow panel livery

On 27/01/2023 at 21:28, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

We’ve been testing our pre-production tweaked Deltic at a top secret Dublin location tonight but thought we’d treat you to a sneak peek. As you can see, we’ve gone to town. 

FE75B2D9-97D5-4A90-B0ED-1FBDE6AFDE4B.jpeg.e1c24aa154347bcd195c49863e664a52.jpeg

Excitied? We are! 

Cheers!

Fran 

The handbrake chain mod is quite something.  Its looks like you may have been copying Hornbys technologies.  Suppose that means we should all go and buy an R......