You Love '2c' It - Announcing The Accurascale Mark 2c Coaches

1 hour ago, Covkid said:

I am guessing Accurascale will want to get as much return from their tooling investment as possible, so if I were Fran and Stephen it would be a yes, certainly because I think they have chosen a couple of WCR Mk2Bs.

They have indeed - they are the ones that I have on order with my local retailer.  If West Coast Railways Mk2c is in the next batch, then it will be added to my list or purchases.  However, I'll pass on the Blue and Grey ones.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Covkid said:

I didn't realise WCR had a TSOT and wonder if it still has the counter, fridge etc, or whether it has now reverted to a TSO. 

Pre ETCS the summer steam along the Cambrian was a WCR Mk2 set of mixed types, and I'm sure it included a functioning micro-buffet in one of the Mk2 coaches.  Mind you that was some time ago and things might have changed.

18 hours ago, wombatofludham said:

Pre ETCS the summer steam along the Cambrian was a WCR Mk2 set of mixed types, and I'm sure it included a functioning micro-buffet in one of the Mk2 coaches.  Mind you that was some time ago and things might have changed.

Good call Mark. 

Just looked at some youtube videos

(2) BR Standard Class 4MT 76079 on 'The Cambrian' - 21/08/09 - YouTube

On this clip the third coach is a Mk2BFK probably declassified to a BSK in the 355xx series.  The toilet window is the same size as the Mk2C but has the vent above it

• RMweb Premium

Eugh this is turning into an expensive week! No doubt what you have on Friday has a good chance of also being of interest.

What is the best way of amending a previous order and adding some of these to it to get the discounts (used a code)?

• RMweb Gold

I’m slowly building a Reg Railways rake, my NSE rake is now built, and ive a few WCRC mk2’s there now as well.

7551 is nice, last time I rode a 26 on an ordinary passenger was with 7550 in December 1990..

19312DA1-CA0E-4E07-81D8-AEF98310FAD3.jpeg.2e33366d30f2e6eb07596c111eb1927a.jpeg

7550 should set some curious minds thinking….

But ive now 20 mk2b/c stock on order !

• Like 2

Great news @Accurascale Fran that has just answered a load of questions lined up for when I see you at Glasgow on Saturday! Whilst the MK2c range was not a massive surprise, it is much welcomed (although my wallet won’t agree with you) 

The MK2c announcement leaves just 1 gap in the MK2 coaches which is the D&E’s. The MK2d’s would be perfect to go with the Deltics. At the moment all we have is the Airfix / Dapol / Hornby one which need lots of errors correcting before looking anything like a decent coach. 
No doubt you will announce these just as I finish my MK2d Scottish push-pull rake!!

Cheers. 
Bill. 

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

On 10/02/2023 at 11:03, Accurascale Fran said:

Following on from our highly anticipated Mark 2b coaches, we are excited to reveal the latest addition to our eagerly-anticipated range of 4mm/OO gauge Mk.2 coaching stock, the late-style Mk.2c variant with their characteristic small 'air con'-style toilet windows.

Thanks Fran.  I never did get my head around what the differences were between the various sub-types of Mk 2. 

I only recognised air-conditioned or not!

• Like 1

Hi Fran,

Nice to see this selection of liveries being added. The intercity brake completes a real oddball set for Plumpton along with a pair of 2B’s previously announced. The WCRC pair will also find a home on Rannoch for the second Jacobite set.

See you in Glasgow

all the best

Mark

• Friendly/supportive 1

This morning I received an email regarding this new range of coaches, and I hope that the following unfortunate incident won't delay their arrival with retailers too badly.  All being well the AS lads can check the batch without it having to be returned to the manufacturer.

"A couple of weeks ago we dropped our initial batch of 10 Mark 2c coaches in iconic blue and grey BR livery."

• Funny 9