What N gauge do you want to see from Accurascale?

Sorry for a blatant Wishlisting post but all these lovely Mark 2's are coming out in OO and as an N gauge modeller we are desperately crying out for good quality rolling stock, particularly for the blue and grey era (perfect Mark 2 zone 😉 ). What are the chances of Accurscale offering their Mk2 stock in N gauge?

We have seen other companies attempt to enter this market with limited success admittedly but they were doing obscure one off types from their OO range, not a staple run of the mill coach. Even offering the TSO up for some kind of expression of interest could be a low risk venture to seeing if there was a market for them

Edited by Accurascale Fran
  • Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi @Ed-farms,

We've had a fair few requests for some of our models in N gauge, including Mark 2s. So, with that in mind, we will listen to suggestions. Let's keep it in the realm of realistic for now and keep it to this;

What item(s) in our current OO gauge would you like to see done in N and why? If we can make a business case then we will look at it.

Although we not released N gauge models under the Accurascale banner, we have done some for Realtrack and Revolution as some of you may know. 

Any future model would be under the Accurascale banner should we decide to embark on a 2mm odyssey. 

So, the floor is yours!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 10

Personally I think the Farish 37 is due an upgrade to modern standards. It sits way too high on its bogies for a start. If you were to produce the latest nose variations those haven’t been tackled in N, ever. 

92s and 31s are already well done by revolution and Farish.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

Hi 

Well  to edit having reread :

Obvs really A class and 80 class  double beets would tickle many.- well 10 or 12 persons... or a micro 42 foot fest.. BR Mk2cs in two liveries for both sides of the Irish sea. 

off topic wish listing. 

Mk4/ 91s  intercity dmus 123. Trans pennine 124.  143/144 pacer .   

Steamy things like a S&D  7F  and Duke of  Gloucester 71000  spring to mind  

Micro uber fun would be an 0-4-4 highland loco to go with Highland 4-4-0 ben or a 4-6-0 highland goods, some HR coaches perhaps to garnish.  

Robert  

Edited by Robert Shrives
reading OP reply

• RMweb Gold

Mk.2s & 37s would be the most obvious choice to start with from the current product line up. HAAs in bulk packs of 10-12 would also be a winner I think. 

What a N Gauge needs is a steady supply of bog standard stuff that’s fills the gaps between the headline attention grabbing models, although I wouldn’t say no to an Accurascale N Gauge Class 50! 

Tom. 

Edited by TomE
  • Like 2
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Thats a chip up the nose for N gauge manufactures then,you could always move up to 00.

I do not have the space for a OO layout that can run scale length main line trains, that is why I moved to N gauge about 8 years ago 

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @Ed-farms,

We've had a fair few requests for some of our models in N gauge, including Mark 2s. So, with that in mind, we will listen to suggestions. Let's keep it in the realm of realistic for now and keep it to this;

What item(s) in our current OO gauge would you like to see done in N and why? If we can make a business case then we will look at it.

Although we not released N gauge models under the Accurascale banner, we have done some for Realtrack and Revolution as some of you may know. 

Any future model would be under the Accurascale banner should we decide to embark on a 2mm odyssey. 

So, the floor is yours!

Cheers!

Fran 

Thanks for your reply Fran, glad to have a chance to offer some sugestions.

as @TomE said surely the MGR wagons i a viable option. N gauge has the advantage of much more in a smaller space so we can (hopefully) fit scale length MGR trains into a smaller space, so the possibility of modellers purchasing more wagons is available. More sales = more profits 🙂

Any of the Mark 2 stock you are offering has also got to be an attractive proposition for N gauge, I have numerous diesels from the Scottish and south west region but I am struggling to source suitable passenger stock for them and I know I am not alone, a recent visit to my local model shop failed to yield a single Blue and grey coach, whereas eBay prices  are often double what the shops had them for when they fist came out.

I would love to see some of your excellent locos scaled down but at present I think Farish and Dapol have the 31, 37, 50 and Deltic market covered, but in time maybe sales of stock could persude locos to follow.

Keeping to N scale versions of your existing range, except those already done in conjunction with RevolutioN, as requested, I will suggest the following :

Class 50

Class 89

Mark 2 coaches, all of them 

MGR wagons

Accurablokes, particularly the loco crews

Additionally, I would like to see a competing range of Mk1 coaches in N, maroon and blue/grey, as these are needed to go with many of the locos, available or in progress. Packs of four at regular intervals would go down well.

Edited by Brian-1c
  • Like 1

• Accurascale Fran changed the title to What N gauge do you want to see from Accurascale?

Class 37s.

Due lack of room available I'd much prefer to model in N gauge but personally I don't think the quality of models available in N is enough for me to make the switch. If Accurascale made everything in both scales, I'd definitely choose N.

Edited by aeroplane
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Personnaly I would question the MGR hoppers as a first wagon, there are two manufacturers already tooled up and there has been a full rake available in the 'for sale' area here for nearly two weeks.

Now the 21T minerals may be a better proposition....

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

The Newton Chambers Car Transporters as it's unlikely that Bachmann will make them now that Heljan have released theirs. Also a RES PCV and matching Super GUV. It has always amazed me that Bachmann have never done a Super GUV in any scale, especially as they retooled their GUV not that long ago.

Anything at all. I might not want it, but the more players in the N Gauge market the better.

But I will make a shout for Loco Hauled Coaching stock.

Again I don't need any, but at least it'll stop people constantly complaining in the Farish pages. 😁

Regards,

John P

16 minutes ago, Davexoc said:

Personnaly I would question the MGR hoppers as a first wagon, there are two manufacturers already tooled up and there has been a full rake available in the 'for sale' area here for nearly two weeks.

Three surely?  The old Minitrix ones are actually rather nice still so not outside the realms of reintroduction.  The Farish ones are the ones to better though and I think AS could do that...  You can never have enough MGR hoppers :)

But any of the wagons would be good.

I would say the MK1 Suburbans might be a good bet. But absolutely go for the Siphon G, we need a good one that isn't just a panto-graphed down Airfix one.

Of the locos, it's a slightly more crowded market as they'd all be up against modern(ish) tooling.

5 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Mk1 & Mk2 Coaches

NER 20 Ton Hopper Wagons

Class 30/31, Class 37 & Class 55 as alternatives to the Farish Models.

Coaches could be offered in sets of 2 or 3 and seperate as single Models.

If you bring those Mk1 non-corridor sub urban Coaches in N, it would be nice to also see the "gangwayed" ones.

Edited by Stefen1988

• RMweb Premium

Definitely Mk2 coaches but NOT Class 37, does not need another retool and/or another version, the current GF version (aside from a couple of different ends being required) is perfectly sufficient.

• Like 1
  • Agree 9

Mk2s, 21T coal hoppers fill gaps and don't duplicate.

Of the locomotives, the 31 stands out because you're doing both headcode and non headcode variants whilst in the Farish range only the headcode variant exists.

The 37s and 50s seem provided for with recent releases, the Deltic might be the only other one to offer but whether there is the market for a wide variety of N gauge Deltics like in OO I don't really know, inclined to say no.  In detail terms beyond getting the shape spot on then all those extra little details expected in OO start to become things to snap off an N gauge loco.

So on that basis Mk2s and 21T coal hoppers with a maybe on the class 31

• Agree 2