What N gauge do you want to see from Accurascale?

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

So, let your N gauge friends know to tell us what they would like to see too, under the premise of what is in our existing 4mm range.

Hi

Therein lies the issue, I would like Accurascale to introduce an N gauge range, however, there currently isn’t anything in the OO range that interests me.

Cheers

Paul

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Would it help if we had a list of what Accurascale offer/have offered in OO gauge?:

Locomotives

Class 30/31

Class 37

Class 50

Class 55

Class 89

Class 92

GWR 7800 Manor

Coaches

BR Mark 1 Non-gangway Suburban - BS, BT, CL, S, SLO, T, TO

BR Mark 2b - BFK, FK, QXA (RTC Test Vehicles), SK, TSO

BR Mark 2c - BFK, BSO, FK, FO, SK, SO, TSO, TSO(T)

Mark 5 - Caledonian Sleeper

Mark 5a - TransPennine Express

GWR Siphon G

Wagons

CDA China Clay

Cemflo/PCV

KAV/Coil A

Cutdown HYA Hopper

FNA-D Nuclear Carrier

HOP24 HUO

HYA-IIA Hopper

IIA Biomass

JSA Coil Carrier

KUA Nuclear Carrier

MDO/MDV 21 Ton Mineral

HAA Hopper

HBA Hopper

HCA Hopper

HDA Hopper

HMA Hopper

MHA Ballast Wagon

NER 20T Hopper

NER 4T Chaldron

PCO17B/C PCA Cement

PFA Container Flat

PTA/JTA+JUA Tippler

SR Banana Van

Best

Scott.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Round of applause 1

1 hour ago, scottystitch said:

Cutdown HYA Hopper

HYA-IIA Hopper

IIA Biomass

These 3 for me. The IIA's would complement Rev's Biomass wagons, the cut down HYA's are widespread. Might as well do the HYA-IIA while you're at it 😁

And for my frustrated N Gauge friends all of the Loco Hauled Coaching stock except the MK5's ( for obvious reasons).

Regards,

John P

If we are talking wagons rather than locos I’d suggest packs of multiple with different numbers / slight livery variations would be great - maybe even as big as 10 in a nice bookset…

Of the wagons done so far the 21 ton and HUO coal wagons would get my vote.

Then a 37 to pull them. Pretty please.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Hi Gang,

I think, from the Accurascale stock list, a Class 37 to a new standard with some of the previously unavailable head code variants would sit well with most modellers. Then the obvious coaching gap is the Mk2c. Wagon-wise, it is a little more difficult but the shortened IIA/HRA hoppers fill an obvious gap. 

For something not available in anyone’s inventory, a Class 81 and 85, then a Class 303!!

Later,

Stu from EGVN

Edited by Stu from EGDL
  • Agree 2

I suggest the Mark 2c coaches would be strong sellers, which would be of interest to many BR Blue era modellers and which have never been produced previously by any other manufacturer.  I would certainly invest in a rake.

I also ‘vote’ for the MDO/MDV 21t wagon, the HUO hoppers and the Syphon G.

And from the list of locos, I vote for a new class 37 (but might Farish update theirs following the Bachmann’s plans for their OO model?); the class 50 ( whilst the Dapol model is relatively recent there is room for improvement) and the class 89 ( subject to whether Revolution decide to progress their proposal for an 89). 

• Like 1

Producing models in another scale will tie up some of their capital and expertise which might otherwise have been invested in further OO projects, so it It could reduce the frequency of their announcements in the larger scale, but somehow I doubt our wallets can yet breathe a sigh of relief.

It makes sense to confine themselves initially to rolling stock already produced in another scale as they have already done the research and produced CAD etc.  So using these as a starting point will help keep down their costs and therefore end price compared to selecting some other prototypes which people may want.

Once they've got a few models out in N and learnt any lessons from the process involved in scaling down - a lot more work than just fitting a different style of coupling - it may make sense for them to begin looking at other gaps in RTR coverage in the smaller scale, but then they would have to do the research from scratch which will increase costs.  But if they decide to fill those gaps in N, they may later be able to scale up to OO in some cases with cost savings.  So although I don't model in N, I welcome the idea.

• RMweb Premium

having just seen todays announcement of more MK 2's in OO a MK 2 in trans Pennine and inter-city would be must haves 

John 

Edited by jbqfc
spelling

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, Michael Hodgson said:

Producing models in another scale will tie up some of their capital and expertise which might otherwise have been invested in further OO projects

Now, where did I put my tiny violin… 😋

RichardT

• Funny 2

20 hours ago, PaulCheffus said:

Hi

Therein lies the issue, I would like Accurascale to introduce an N gauge range, however, there currently isn’t anything in the OO range that interests me.

Cheers

Paul

Wow.  Just locos, or nothing at all ?

My modelling period is 1960-1975 so I have 4mm scale transition leanings.  I have paid for my manor and have my 31 on order even though I am more of a Sulzer 2 and 1 Co Co 1  bloke. 

21 tonners,  HUOs and Coil As in my stock boxes so far, and ordering more of these as well as a couple of Mk1 non corridors and a siphon.

I am sure all of this could go in the shrink ray machine

13 hours ago, Michael Hodgson said:

Producing models in another scale will tie up some of their capital and expertise which might otherwise have been invested in further OO projects, so it It could reduce the frequency of their announcements in the larger scale, but somehow I doubt our wallets can yet breathe a sigh of relief.

It makes sense to confine themselves initially to rolling stock already produced in another scale as they have already done the research and produced CAD etc.  So using these as a starting point will help keep down their costs and therefore end price compared to selecting some other prototypes which people may want.

Once they've got a few models out in N and learnt any lessons from the process involved in scaling down - a lot more work than just fitting a different style of coupling - it may make sense for them to begin looking at other gaps in RTR coverage in the smaller scale, but then they would have to do the research from scratch which will increase costs.  But if they decide to fill those gaps in N, they may later be able to scale up to OO in some cases with cost savings.  So although I don't model in N, I welcome the idea.

OO modellers coming on this thread and asking for even more OO models under the guise of 'new' N gauge that Accurascale haven't done in OO. 🤣

2 hours ago, RichardT said:

Now, where did I put my tiny violin… 😋

RichardT

You have to feel for the OO modellers not being able to buy everything that comes out, they have to make sacrifices you know. 😄

3 minutes ago, Covkid said:

My modelling period is 1960-1975 so I have 4mm scale transition leanings.  I have paid for my manor and have my 31 on order even though I am more of a Sulzer 2 and 1 Co Co 1  bloke. 

21 tonners,  HUOs and Coil As in my stock boxes so far, and ordering more of these as well as a couple of Mk1 non corridors and a siphon.

Mr Cheffus has specific modelling needs, and I think a lot of it has already been satisfied via kits, though he might be partial to a HUO, HDO or HAA

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
16 minutes ago, Covkid said:

Hi

Absolutely nothing.

Cheers

Paul

• RMweb Premium

Farish did the original IIA/HYA coal hoppers, so not convinced I’d put the energy there, although I guess the biomass ‘conversions’ may sell. The cut down HYAs would be good though. Lots of livery choices to go at too. Shamelessly I’ll mention that I do do a 3D print of them!