Class 66, By Accurascale

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Sweetling Park said:

Your welcome @DRS Crewe On A Mission and I hope the list has been useful.  Thank you very much for the detailed information, I really appreciate it and will add your suggestions to the next version.

Thanks @big jim, I'll add it to the list.

Thanks @ruggedpeak, that's a rather colourful list.  I think I've spotted liveries which aren't on my list (e.g. ARC yellow), so will cross reference and add any that are missing.

Thanks @XChris, I'll add it to my list.

Thanks again everyone for your help and feedback, it is much appreciate it.  I'll try and update the list as soon as I can when work commitments allow.

You’re more than welcome and yes it certainly has been useful. Even as a follower of the 66s I didn’t realise just how many different liveries, variations and special liveries their is now. 

I have also just thought of another livery. GBRf 66723-66732 inclusive carried the First ‘Barbie’ Purple livery. 

And another one is some of the ex DRS but Freightliner operated 66/4s ran around in DRS Debranded Blue with the original ‘block’ type Freightliner logos on the cab ends and cab sides. I can’t remember which specific locos looked like this but I know that it did exist because Bachmann produced 66418 in this condition for Kernow. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

On 14/03/2023 at 23:11, adb968008 said:

I’m very surprised Israel didnt buy the Afro 4000’s and get a deal with Stadler for new bogies. According to some reports less than 1000 miles and under $100k each… ended up in Tanzania, though they had EMD16-710 engines 

As I said earlier, because of extensive electrification, Israel Railways is not really in the market for more Diesels. In fact, we have quite a few to sell, if anyone's interested.

2 hours ago, Chen Melling said:

As I said earlier, because of extensive electrification, Israel Railways is not really in the market for more Diesels. In fact, we have quite a few to sell, if anyone's interested.

Presumably the Prima/Class 67-like fleet will be to be disposed of first. I wonder who might be interested. Given not UK loading gauge and also the fact that we cant find use for all of ours, no scope here.

I was always a bit surprised given the plans for electrification that so many Euro3000s were taken, or that hybrids were not considered at that stage.

(Maybe time for an IR thread in one of the other sections)

On 17/03/2023 at 09:48, G-BOAF said:

I was always a bit surprised given the plans for electrification that so many Euro3000s were taken, or that hybrids were not considered at that stage.

Actually, IR did look for suitable dual-powered locomotives:
https://www.rail.co.il/tenders/Documents/shlomit/rfi 6.2.19/Dual locomotive RFI 06.02.2019.pdf
and even received permission to purchase a dozen without tender from Stadler's Spanish factory (similar to Baureihe 159), but during the COVID19 lockdowns it was possible to speed-up electrification works and make up most of the accumulated delays thus far. At that point it was considered wasteful to buy such expensive and complicated locomotives for a presumed short service life and more electric locomotives and EMUs were ordered instead.

Thank you once again to @big jim, @Creampot Junction, @DRS Crewe On A Mission, @PieGuyRob and @WCML100 for providing me with additional livery information, which has been added to the most recent version of my livery list (version 3 at the time of writing).  I have also identified additional Colas Rail liveries along with the subclasses that wore them, as well as missing entries for Freightliner and other operators.

I have updated my earlier post and replaced the attachment with the most recent version of the list, which can also be downloaded from below.  The previous versions of the list have been withdrawn to avoid having multiple copies of the file which may cause some confusion.  (Thanks to the 150 who had downloaded them up to now.)

I hope the updated list is useful and thank you once again for all the positive feedback, as I really appreciate it.

Class 66 liveries.pdf

Edited by Sweetling Park
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

Further to my post yesterday, I have updated the list again with a few liveries that were missing from the  previous version.  These were the Freightliner orange livery and other GBRf liveries.  I have also updated a few livery descriptions for further clarity.  Hopefully this will now be the most complete list and the latest version can be downloaded from either my earlier post (with update notes) or from below.

Class 66 liveries.pdf

Edited by Sweetling Park
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
On 18/03/2023 at 13:25, Sweetling Park said:

Thank you once again to @big jim, @Creampot Junction, @DRS Crewe On A Mission, @PieGuyRob and @WCML100 for providing me with additional livery information, which has been added to the most recent version of my livery list (version 3 at the time of writing).  I have also identified additional Colas Rail liveries along with the subclasses that wore them, as well as missing entries for Freightliner and other operators.

I have updated my earlier post and replaced the attachment with the most recent version of the list, which can also be downloaded from below.  The previous versions of the list have been withdrawn to avoid having multiple copies of the file which may cause some confusion.  (Thanks to the 150 who had downloaded them up to now.)

I hope the updated list is useful and thank you once again for all the positive feedback, as I really appreciate it.

Class 66 liveries.pdf 111.58 kB · 34 downloads

On 19/03/2023 at 12:44, Sweetling Park said:

Further to my post yesterday, I have updated the list again with a few liveries that were missing from the  previous version.  These were the Freightliner orange livery and other GBRf liveries.  I have also updated a few livery descriptions for further clarity.  Hopefully this will now be the most complete list and the latest version can be downloaded from either my earlier post (with update notes) or from below.

Class 66 liveries.pdf 111.58 kB · 34 downloads

You’re more than welcome and the list is really useful. It’s good to be able to access all of the liveries and variations listed in one place. 

I’ve just thought about Freightliner 66413. This is the one that is a different shade of orange to the other FL 66s. It’s a lighter shade of orange than the others. If I remember correctly this was the first 66 to be repainted and it was undertaken at Crewe LNWR. 

Update: 66413 carries the nameplate ‘Lest We Forget’ and a crest with a poppy on saying ‘Thank you’. 

Keep up the excellent work. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

Edited by DRS Crewe On A Mission
To add additional information
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

If it helps with the liveries, I don't know if this counts but there's a few Green sheds around that had been turned into mobile job adverts -

43315808024_849050a4e2_k.jpg66524 at Didcot Parkway 13.08.18 by James Makin by jamesmakin2002, on Flickr

My pic from hallowed Didcot in 2018, it's just the base green of 66524 with a vinyl, but possibly useful for compiling the ultimate list!

Cheers,

James

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

34 minutes ago, James Makin said:

If it helps with the liveries, I don't know if this counts but there's a few Green sheds around that had been turned into mobile job adverts -

43315808024_849050a4e2_k.jpg66524 at Didcot Parkway 13.08.18 by James Makin by jamesmakin2002, on Flickr

My pic from hallowed Didcot in 2018, it's just the base green of 66524 with a vinyl, but possibly useful for compiling the ultimate list!

Cheers,

James

Hallowed ? ... desecrated more like !

• Agree 1

A question for the Accurascale team - will 66001 & 66002 be catered for with their differing buffer beams (minus the buck eye and similar to the 59's)?

Particularly after 66001 once it was refreshed into DB Schenker colours 😁

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, WCML100 said:

A question for the Accurascale team - will 66001 & 66002 be catered for with their differing buffer beams (minus the buck eye and similar to the 59's)?

Nooooooo, it needs to be in EWS livery;)

• Agree 2
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, WCML100 said:

Hi @WCML100,

It's a possibility, I actually saw 001 in the yard by Acton mainline on my way to Heathrow on the Elizabeth line service on Monday, looked well in DB for her 25 years!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @WCML100,

It's a possibility, I actually saw 001 in the yard by Acton mainline on my way to Heathrow on the Elizabeth line service on Monday, looked well in DB for her 25 years!

Cheers!

Fran 

Ahh my old patch, seen it many times there. Hence I would like to have a model fit for the layout which is also based in that area! A nice tight lipped answer? AC Exclusive maybe? About time you guys announced the Exclusives on the back of the 66 run isn't it? 😁

2 hours ago, The Fatadder said:

Nooooooo, it needs to be in EWS livery;)

I would also like to see it in original EWS, first 66 after all in the first 66 livery... should be done at some point for sure. However I need it in DBS for when it has done the RHTT and Calvert spoil trains past Greenford! 

DB Cargo • Class 66 001

DSC_0265 20th December 2016 Princes Risborough

(not my pics, found on Flickr!)

Edited by WCML100
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold
40 minutes ago, WCML100 said:

I would also like to see it in original EWS, first 66 after all in the first 66 livery... should be done at some point for sure. However I need it in DBS for when it has done the RHTT and Calvert spoil trains past Greenford!

To be honest it’s actually 002 I need (much as I hate the thought of renumbering another 66), but the first 66 in it’s original livery with the red grills etc would understandably make a lot more sense.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @WCML100,

Cheers!

Fran 

It’s like Shed country round there ,

Lots of interesting aggregate sidings 

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

It’s like Shed country round there ,

Lots of interesting aggregate sidings 

Agree Rob, I enjoyed going there to see 59s when they ruled the roost there in 2008/09, then hopping a bus up to Willsden Junction to see some workings around there when I was London based.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @WCML100,

Cheers!

Fran 

The irony of the post, with 15 minutes before midnight, is that 66001 is 25 years old… today.

23rd March 1998 it was rolled out of EMD for Ed Burkhardt.

https://www.scribd.com/article/393026615/Freight-Without-Frontiers-20-Years-Of-Class-66

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
46 minutes ago, Mark Saunders said:

Modern image is quite a lot older than many think !

Don’t get me going on that one. A Class 37 is considered “modern inage” despite some being around 63 years old…

To me modern image is a term that should be used to refer to what can be seen today, not back when televisions were black and white, a telephone was what people had in their house if they were lucky and most people didn’t know what a computer was. 

Roy

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

On 21/03/2023 at 16:05, big jim said:

There is only one with that advert, and the phone number on it is wrong too! 

Actually 2 were done. The phone number on the middle picture was as you pointed out wrong, and a correct number was stuck over the top quite early onScreenshot_20230324_072728_Flickr.jpg.47e10b97268d89a3e22fcc0bc5c80cfc.jpg

Screenshot_20230324_072853_Flickr.jpg

Screenshot_20230324_073023_Flickr.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

Don’t get me going on that one. A Class 37 is considered “modern inage” despite some being around 63 years old…

To me modern image is a term that should be used to refer to what can be seen today, not back when televisions were black and white, a telephone was what people had in their house if they were lucky and most people didn’t know what a computer was. 

Roy

The residents of Margate disagree with you.

They think Modern image ended when IBM compatible PCs with 386 processors and 4mb of RAM appeared, and paper photographs ceased to be the norm.

:-)

Edited by adb968008
  • Funny 2