Genetically Modified (GM) – Accurascale Takes Route 66 With Latest Locomotive Release in 00/4mm!

25 minutes ago, James Makin said:

Following on from my car mileage coincidentally predicting the arrival of ‘Deltic’ Gordon Highlander last Summer, today I think my Mystic Meg car is trying to tell me something about the next Accurascale Exclusive..!

8CB4EC5D-443A-4759-97DB-2B9E2F563DC0.jpeg.0ae9bb17dd7ffac50c82650504109f72.jpeg

Mind you I’ve been preparing for it for a while now! 😂

764E77E8-79C8-4C62-B7EA-B83587974408.jpeg.b998a33904f4b3df4c87ef4a4573ef4d.jpeg

Cheers

James

Did they not have a maroon one ?

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold

41 minutes ago, James Makin said:

Following on from my car mileage coincidentally predicting the arrival of ‘Deltic’ Gordon Highlander last Summer, today I think my Mystic Meg car is trying to tell me something about the next Accurascale Exclusive..!

The mileage on my car is more akin to a voyager! 

• Funny 6

3 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Plenty Hattons ones around,its different ones that they need to do,not ones that have been covered by the run they did.

I agree, there's quite a few celebs that haven't been done by Hattons/Bachmann

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 25/05/2023 at 20:40, Shoey said:

I wonder if Accurascale would consider doing a twin pack of 66718 (as it was before this recent repaint) & 66721 (as is) in a fancy box? 

This will all depend if they can get the licencing from London Transport Museum. But yeah it be a great idea.

• Like 1

On 02/06/2023 at 05:37, letterspider said:

Can I have a pn

Can I have a pink ONE please

I  have a pink one and an orange one to boot. My 2 favs. TBH. Even better was the fact that nobody seemed to want them so I got them at a decent price. My only regret is that I did not buy more of them.

Edited by wairoa
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, wairoa said:

I  have a pink one and an orange one to boot. My 2 favs. TBH. Even better was the fact that nobody seemed to want them so I got them at a decent price. My only regret is that I did not buy more of them.

I really wanted 66623 but the orange just wasn’t a good enough match for me. Even ones that I’d seen that had been weathered didn’t help it either. Just waiting for an orange Freightliner to be announced soon 😉

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Shoey said:

I really wanted 66623 but the orange just wasn’t a good enough match for me. Even ones that I’d seen that had been weathered didn’t help it either. Just waiting for an orange Freightliner to be announced soon 😉

I had heard that was the case. As I live outside the UK I am probably not as concerned with the color not being a proper match. However, if I had to see them everyday in RL I would be agitated at the colours not measuring up to the real thing.

On 08/06/2023 at 02:52, wairoa said:

The pink ONE livery was the reason I bought the Hattons model in the first place, however there were the quality control issues - removing and replacing the shell for example and it has to go back.

I guess either Accurascale haven't negotiated the licence from Freightliner yet or they are holding back these liveries for batch 2 - that's okay as I need some time to save up.

• Like 1

On 03/06/2023 at 07:52, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Behave you lot,encouraging them to make more,surviving on 6 tea bags and 6 weetabix a week is hard enough..........

But I bet you don't have to go out and lick road wit' tongue

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
19 hours ago, letterspider said:

The pink ONE livery was the reason I bought the Hattons model in the first place, however there were the quality control issues - removing and replacing the shell for example and it has to go back.

I guess either Accurascale haven't negotiated the licence from Freightliner yet or they are holding back these liveries for batch 2 - that's okay as I need some time to save up.

Or, given it was done by Hattons, they feel there is insufficient demand for a one-off livery?

Roy

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

If they are taking over tooling, they are going to get artwork as well, so assuming Hattons' designs don't need any money spent attending to them, it's just a question as to whether they think they can sell 504 Pink ONEs before Bachmann does. Hornby is not in this game.