Class 66, By Accurascale

On 09/01/2024 at 03:49, rob D2 said:

It’s rather fortunate Accura took on the 66 with Hattons closing down !

Could have been lost forever 

I wonder if Hattons did that in advance of their closure... it makes sense now.

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, BrakeCoach said:

accurascale announced it round February 2023 and talks must of started at least 2022,   you think back then they say we going to close and sell the 66?    i cant see that

• Agree 4

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, BrakeCoach said:

The main thing is its in good hands with a future now,we all win,just getting the number right so we are not knee deep in them and they hold their value

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

23 hours ago, vanbasher said:

By eck! That EWS box is stunning! Goes back to my earlier point that the livery sat so well on everything..  even a box it would seem! Really looking forward to seeing the box for 66004 in Green now... not a 66 fan but mighty glad I've ordered one after seeing this 😀 

Agreed - it looks really good. I don't know what it is about that box and the EWS logo but it reminds me of something...

theflash-show-1-blogroll-1598039512880_160w.jpg.c305d04976929cdf672246725bb6a524.jpg

• Like 2

On 11/01/2024 at 12:59, XChris said:

As someone who doesn’t have half of the Bachmann limited editions such as the TFL ones or 66720 or 66111 among others I would actually welcome AS doing these to there standard as I’d be able to get hold of them, I think the sale values on eBay show there is a demand and I like to see the bubble being burst on those trying to sell them for so much!

I am in agreement with you, as despite them being done by other manufacturers before, there is still a demand for them out there, more so if the tooling is to a newer and superior standard.

On 11/01/2024 at 13:37, James Makin said:

Then as time passed the 66s just became a dominating part of the scene, there are very few layouts set in the last 26 years that can't justify a red & gold 66, they are still everywhere - but even now when I encounter a faded red and tatty EWS 66, I think back to the times when I saw it while new and gleaming - the nostalgia is very strong!

Indeed they are still everywhere, which is why my layout needed one.  I have a couple of photos taken in recent times of 66s still wearing their maroon and gold livery, possibly with the EWS logo still present (I'll have to check).

Similarly, I think the Freightliner green livery will still attract nostalgia and I feel that it is synonymous with the operator's name (or maybe I'm just showing my age 😂).

• Like 2

I'm a bit unsure about asking for this loco/livery but i would like a model of GBRfs 66711 in Aggregate Industries livery, i had a very short cab ride on it down at Isle of Grain a few years back so would like a model of it.

I know Bachmann have done a model of it and it sat around on shelves for quite a while but ive never determined if that was because Bachmann over produced it or if it was genuinely unpopular, either way i cant quite bring myself to buy the Bachmann model because as stated above in various posts, it looks so dated. An Accurascale version would certainly get my wallet open.

Ive also had a ride onboard...

66502 whilst in G&W Orange

66537 whilst in FL Green

66538 whilst in FL Green

66580 whilst in FL Green

66589 whilst in FL Green

.......... so any of those would be nice. (but please, not all at once, even my wallet has a limit, lol)

1 hour ago, GEARJAMMER said:

I'm a bit unsure about asking for this loco/livery but i would like a model of GBRfs 66711 in Aggregate Industries livery, i had a very short cab ride on it down at Isle of Grain a few years back so would like a model of it.

I know Bachmann have done a model of it and it sat around on shelves for quite a while but ive never determined if that was because Bachmann over produced it or if it was genuinely unpopular, either way i cant quite bring myself to buy the Bachmann model because as stated above in various posts, it looks so dated. An Accurascale version would certainly get my wallet open.

Ive also had a ride onboard...

66502 whilst in G&W Orange

66537 whilst in FL Green

66538 whilst in FL Green

66580 whilst in FL Green

66589 whilst in FL Green

.......... so any of those would be nice. (but please, not all at once, even my wallet has a limit, lol)

i like freightliner poppy made

gbrf chinook and hms argyle

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Great news! Our hotly anticipated Class 66 locomotives are nearing completion at our factory and they have sent us production samples of the first four models to sign off!

PP66group.jpg.eb1583ae661b70b49669243d268e567e.jpg

We have asked for a couple of final little tweaks before taking delivery, but nothing that will impact the timeline. They will arrive in stock, as planned in late Q1 of this year. So, that means March!

In for assessment first are two EWS machines, including our "Accurascale Exclusives" model of 66001 as delivered with maroon grilles, one of our "Freds" in the attractive and now iconic Freightliner green and yellow livery, and GBRf machine 66769 in Prostate Cancer UK livery, sales of which has lead us to our £10,000 goal of a donation to this very special cause.

Check out the images below, including the special presentation packaging for 66001 and 66769, and keep an eye out for more "first looks" in the coming weeks as we reveal more locos!

PP66EWS.jpg.90c5422a2e949645257004cc7b91bd65.jpg

PP667692.jpg.dd85e808afe7c346d9243155cb11ce7b.jpg

PP66FL2.jpg.7c0450b3d39ea1448088e6b76b6775a2.jpg

PP66769.jpg.30e4a60b43e4be98194d494707420a9e.jpg

PP66EWS3.jpg.7a396e85fcb8b3b4cc9aedc323234a4b.jpg

We only have a limited amount of stock remaining, with several liveries and running numbers already sold out. So, check with your local stockist, or browse direct via our website: https://www.accurascale.com/collections/class-66/availability_pre-order

If you had a pre-order with Hattons and you want to keep it, just drop us a line at sales@accurascale.com with your proof of purchase and we will set that up for you too.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 9
  • Round of applause 4
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
38 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Great news! Our hotly anticipated Class 66 locomotives are nearing completion at our factory and they have sent us production samples of the first four models to sign off!

PP66group.jpg.eb1583ae661b70b49669243d268e567e.jpg

We have asked for a couple of final little tweaks before taking delivery, but nothing that will impact the timeline. They will arrive in stock, as planned in late Q1 of this year. So, that means March!

In for assessment first are two EWS machines, including our "Accurascale Exclusives" model of 66001 as delivered with maroon grilles, one of our "Freds" in the attractive and now iconic Freightliner green and yellow livery, and GBRf machine 66769 in Prostate Cancer UK livery, sales of which has lead us to our £10,000 goal of a donation to this very special cause.

Check out the images below, including the special presentation packaging for 66001 and 66769, and keep an eye out for more "first looks" in the coming weeks as we reveal more locos!

PP66EWS.jpg.90c5422a2e949645257004cc7b91bd65.jpg

PP667692.jpg.dd85e808afe7c346d9243155cb11ce7b.jpg

PP66FL2.jpg.7c0450b3d39ea1448088e6b76b6775a2.jpg

PP66769.jpg.30e4a60b43e4be98194d494707420a9e.jpg

PP66EWS3.jpg.7a396e85fcb8b3b4cc9aedc323234a4b.jpg

We only have a limited amount of stock remaining, with several liveries and running numbers already sold out. So, check with your local stockist, or browse direct via our website: https://www.accurascale.com/collections/class-66/availability_pre-order

If you had a pre-order with Hattons and you want to keep it, just drop us a line at sales@accurascale.com with your proof of purchase and we will set that up for you too.

Cheers!

Fran 

Fran

Great to see these are not far away. I have a couple on order.

Point of interest: I assume the speaker configuration will be the same, or similar to the class 37s. Have there been any changes to the the PC board / sound files to overcome the cutting out issues that have occurred with the 37s. That is, not having to turn the volume settings down.

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, zr2498 said:

Fran

Great to see these are not far away. I have a couple on order.

Point of interest: I assume the speaker configuration will be the same, or similar to the class 37s. Have there been any changes to the the PC board / sound files to overcome the cutting out issues that have occurred with the 37s. That is, not having to turn the volume settings down.

Hi @zr2498,

Provisions have been made to ensure that no cutting out on any of our future models will occur, beginning with these. This is helping us to find the solution for the 37s which we will report back on in due course. Naturally, this is also being implemented into our second run of Class 37s.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 4

2 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @zr2498,

Provisions have been made to ensure that no cutting out on any of our future models will occur, beginning with these. This is helping us to find the solution for the 37s which we will report back on in due course. Naturally, this is also being implemented into our second run of Class 37s.

Cheers!

Fran 

hi fran, that good to know has i have 8 on pre order and love the 66

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Well has I’ve just ordered a twin pack of the Revolution KSA Rover cube vans in Malcom livery. How about a Accurascale class 66 in the Malcom livery to match. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

23 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

They will arrive in stock, as planned in late Q1 of this year. So, that means March!

Just in time to give them a spin at York Exhibition Mar 30-Apr 1 then.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
33 minutes ago, derekdoestrains said:

Looking forward to seeing the plan to sort the issue on the current ones 👍

Hi Derek,

Delighted to report that ESU are currently working on it with the existing models. Deep diving takes time but we will get it right.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3