The J67/68/69 ‘Buckjumper’, By Accurascale

1 minute ago, Pint of Adnams said:

Oh dear, touched that nerve again have we?

The Hornby non-vestibuled (non-gangwayed) Gresley and Thompson stock are out of production. Hornby has in its catalogue dozens of early-BR period locomotives but barely three crimson and cream coaches and two of those are SR.

It's a gross exaggeration to assert that half the class weren't even on the GER post-1923, and most of those that did wander returned relatively quickly, the remaining few were taken into military service in the 1940s. Good on Accurascale for catering for those that did wander afield though.

My friend Dan only maintains stock of his 7mm kits, and they are limited these days. His 4mm range is subject to very restricted production so no proper choice there, an individual might be lucky to drop on one but not in volume. He's no spring chicken, has increasing family commitments, and I do wonder what will happen to his etches and masters in due time. By 'all the kits' I guess that you can only imply the Everleigh productions, or are anticipating the gradual reintroduction of Ian Kirk's former kits?

What nerve? I don't even know who you are!

Why are you assuming people haven't already got those coaches? If you are modelling LNER or BR ER then you'll almost certainly already have them. I don't and I've got plenty of them. Many would have bought them when places like Hattons were flogging them off for £20.

Ian Kirk kits are readily available on eBay. You've also got dozens of LNER coaches in the Comet range. Bill Bedford makes some as well.  D&S kits come up on eBay on a regular basis. Expensive, but not rare.

Maybe a bit of an exaggeration. But many weren't on the GER after 1923. Why do GER modellers thing it's all about them?

Scotland, Wales, Liverpool, Manchester, Birkenhead, Bidston, Leicester, Doncaster, Hitchen, etc. all got them.

https://www.brdatabase.info/locoqry.php?action=class&id=601067&type=S&page=alloc

https://www.brdatabase.info/locoqry.php?action=class&id=601069&type=S&page=alloc

Yet all I'm seeing is "They don't make coaches for them!". Some people need to grow up and stop moaning.

Jason

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

Why do GER modellers thing it's all about them?

Probably because this hobby has been dominated by post-1923 modelling for decades, and it's nice for things to change over time so that those on the outside don't have to always feel on the outside. But hey, let's just continue making things in the same liveries over and over and over....

• Like 6
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Islesy said:

Lads, lads, lads. Can we please just agree to disagree, and move onwards? In the words of my departed parents, "I don't care who started it, but it finishes now!"

For the record, I'm happy to see discussions of what rolling stock would suit motive power, during any period. Indeed, with my researcher's/manufacturer's head on, it's most welcome, as it either confirms or denies trains of thought I may have had.

I'm a firm believer in having rolling stock to match motive power, and I've done my fair share of making sure that that happens, but there are always considerations and compromises to be made. I'm unashamedly a big advocate of Industrial and Pre-Grouping stock, so as long as posts are relevant to the topic in question (so GER=GER, NBR=NBR, GNR=GNR, GWR=GWR etc, etc), I'm happy to see conversations develop.

It's approaching Christmas, and if ever there there was a time to be thoughtful and respectful to each other, it is now.

All the best,

Paul.

Excellent work. Now you’ve sorted that, fancy a look at the Middle East?

• Agree 1
  • Funny 15

1 hour ago, Jol Wilkinson said:

The Christmas display over the GER station building entrance in Felixstowe. I am sue that the GER aficionados will be able to comment on its accuracy.Buckjumper.jpg.deabf05cf4a000caf0208210d7f1be30.jpg

Happy Christmas.

Interesting that its also branded 'Lion'. The GER had great influence on Felixstowe and so very pleasing to see that its still remembered.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, Keith Turbutt said:

I certainly won't be putting out whisky and a mince pie for him then.

Have a good Christmas everyone.

If you're sensible Keith you'll have them yourself.

We can't have a pi$$ed Santa buckjumping around the streets whether he exists or not!🤣

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

• 1 month later...

Came across some more WD Pictures of Ex-LNER J69 No.7088, though with far smaller WD lettering and only a 2 digit number rather than the full 5 digit number. Probably a bit niche but I feel they look interesting. 

IMG_6325.webp

IMG_5981.webp

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Crouchja32 said:

Came across some more WD Pictures of Ex-LNER J69 No.7088, though with far smaller WD lettering and only a 2 digit number rather than the full 5 digit number. Probably a bit niche but I feel they look interesting. 

IMG_6325.webp

IMG_5981.webp

Interesting collection of rolling stock behind the locomotive in picture # 1.

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/02/2024 at 13:50, PhilJ W said:

Interesting collection of rolling stock behind the locomotive in picture # 1.

They look like SNCF ferry vans.  Specifically something like these:

spacer.png

Quite a bit of Continental stock was trapped in Britain when war broke out and most or all of it went into Government service.  

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

5 hours ago, Tony Cane said:

Hi

Could you please give further details of the magazine (article?)

Yes hello.

The photo's come specifically from British Railway Journal No.54. The second half of the line's focus is in the 55th Journal, but only features one photograph of No.89 from behind

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/02/2024 at 21:53, NXEA! said:

Any news on when the decorated samples will be shared at all? Hope that doesn’t come across impatient, I’m just excited for their arrival! 😁

You're not the only one who's excited.

If the Manors and the diesels are anything to go off of as a basis, the decorated samples are gonna look absolutely stunning!

• Like 1
  • Agree 6