New Accurascale OO/4mm Locomotive Announcement Today 12pm

• RMweb Gold

Hello everyone

Many congratulations to Accurascale on yet another exciting loco announcement! We wish Paul and the team every success.

The class had been High Polling in The 00 Wishlist Poll but entered The Top 50 in overall position 20 in 2019 and then moved up to overall position ninth in 2022.

Brian (on behalf of The 00 Poll Team)

• Like 5

• AY Mod locked and unlocked this topic
  • RMweb Gold

A Buckjumper is very brave decision with more than enough variations to even knock a GWR class out of the reckoning.   But also more than complex enough to tempt Islesy into what looks like top class action on research and development and get out a really good job.   Well dome Paul and Accurascale.

Alas, going back some years - it was a sad day to turn up at Liverpool St  and find the Pilot 'pet' had gone;  replaced by a rather bulled-up, but very much uglier and far less interesting, diseasal.  That helped kill the interest in Liverpool St for me.

• Agree 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

I'm don't tend to join in the Hornby knocking threads but I am so glad that this is an Accurascale model, when I guess it could easily have appeared under Paul Isle's time at said company when we had the batch of GER loco's.  However unlike Hornby who have not issued the variants of their models, such as the J15 revised to be a Y14, Accurascale have planned for the different variations of this loco. Good on them.

The J67 family has been top of my wish list for years as I can remember the pilot at Liverpool Street and saw others. However I now wish I had not changed eras for my modelling. My initial concept for my retirement layout was going to be based on the pre 1960  era that I just remember, with the end of steam and the pilot scheme diesels. I then changed era's and am modelling the WW2 period.

So do I - submit to temptation and purchase the Liverpool Street pilot and bring by transition era diesels etc out of store? Buy the most suitable one for my period and get it repainted and renumbered? Wait for a wartime version to appear? or lastly buy at least 2?

• Like 3

Although the YouTube video purports to show  Accuarscale's research at Bressingham, they end result seems to be wrong. Everyone of a certain age knows a Buckjumper looks like this.

20230317_152337.jpg.83e9d98027884c6e5ed66fc58fa73580.jpg

Still runs well after 50 years, which is about the life time of many of the prototypes.

Thanks to the excellent website

https://www.brdatabase.info/classes.php?type=S&subtype=LNER&prg=GER

I can now research which model I need to order.

Edited by MyRule1
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Funny 3

35 minutes ago, MyRule1 said:

Although the YouTube video purports to show  Accuarscale's research at Bressingham, they end result seems to be wrong. Everyone of a certain age knows a Buckjumper looks like this.

20230317_152337.jpg.83e9d98027884c6e5ed66fc58fa73580.jpg

And if Accurascale announce one in N (how about tomorrow??😉), we can all justifiably say they are duplicating Farish and moan it's nothing new 🤣

• Funny 2

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Dave Rodgers said:

Fabulous models, but ive tried to pay a deposit via PayPal for the class 37 , and after 5 emails they don't accept it, but you can pay the full amount, I'm trying to give them my money, but they don't want to accept it, 

Which one are you trying to order? The 37s are all sold out at Accurascale.

5 minutes ago, Dave Rodgers said:

Absolute joke

Let's jump on the internet and rant - RMweb is not TripAdvisor.

Oh, and you're in the wrong topic anyway.

• Like 1
  • Agree 6

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, Dave Rodgers said:

Fabulous models, but ive tried to pay a deposit via PayPal for the class 37 , and after 5 emails they don't accept it, but you can pay the full amount, I'm trying to give them my money, but they don't want to accept it, 

Absolute joke

We don't have any 37's on sale is probably the issue, though we are on live chat ready to help...

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Dave Rodgers said:

Thats exactly the trouble, live chat gets you knowhere but a telephone line does, 

I've no logs of you on our chat, and we don't have a telephone line, nor have we any 37s for sale - are you sure you are looking at our website? Feel free to reach out to us directly, rather than posting in this wrong thread?

• Friendly/supportive 4