The CIE Park Royal Coaches, by IRM

• RMweb Gold

NEW ANNOUNCEMENT - The Park Royal Coaches!

A project that has been in-hand for a while now, we're delighted to bring you the news of the IRM CIE Park Royal coaches, representing these icons from the 1950s which served CIE and later Irish Rail well into the 1990s.

untitled_214.png.f2bd632f334df7f93c4849c55191bae8.png

With an unrivalled specification list such as a wealth of separately applied parts, both plastic and etched metal, with also fully detailed Irish commonwealth bogies for the first time in ready-to-run format, detail variations, wire handrails, bespoke detailed interiors depending on coach type, full interior lighting with stay alive powerpack for flicker free lighting and a die cast underframe to ensure smooth running, they offer unbeatable value at just €69.99 per coach, with our usual 10% off when you buy two coaches or more!

1020-176B-ASSY1385TL.jpg.88692049866c1d7f839772836391d5eb.jpg

1020-176A-ASSY1379.jpg.3bff10a463f900063dab8923935fa90d.jpg

We are delighted to time the announcement of these beautiful coaches with the Wexford Model Railway Show this weekend, where we will have a 3D print of the final CAD on view.

In the meantime, you can place your pre-order with no money down now via our website for a delivery date of Q2 2024. Expect to see a fully finished sample over the summer too!

untitled_209.png.41cca8eadfd0180944508cfab0b9dc38.png

Read history here: https://irishrailwaymodels.com/blogs/announcements/irish-royalty-park-royal-coach-next-for-irm 

View Range And Pre-Order: https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/park-royal-coaches 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Eddie the dog said:

Not too familiar with Irish workings if I’m honest, I own several of your superb A Class however

and wondered whether these would be suitable ?

Cheers.

Absolutely! You can pair a green A with the green coaches, and any of the orange / black / tan variations with the others in this batch. 

You can pay £ 52 per coach, and get free shipping (DHL) throughout the Uk when you spend £100 or more, hope that helps!

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Great to see some more Irish stuff - two reasons - 1) it's your roots which have been a little eclipsed by the British stuff and 2) I don't model Irish so my wallet gets a break from all the British stuff 😆

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

I remember these coaches well and travelled on them many times. Great to see them added to the IRM range and as mentioned perfect with an A class.

Edited by BR Blue
Grammar
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
16 minutes ago, McC said:

Absolutely! You can pair a green A with the green coaches, and any of the orange / black / tan variations with the others in this batch. 

You can pay £ 52 per coach, and get free shipping (DHL) throughout the Uk when you spend £100 or more, hope that helps!

Thanks,

Do I order these through the Accurascale website in England, as I can’t find them listed ?

Cheers.

• RMweb Premium

Sunday announcements,what next for us God fearing folk,all the knowledge of building the current coaches going into these,no doubt will be top notch for the home market as with everything they make.If it could not wait makes one wonder whats on tomorrow as its May  then.....hmmm.

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Sunday announcements,what next for us God fearing folk,all the knowledge of building the current coaches going into these,no doubt will be top notch for the home market as with everything they make.If it could not wait makes one wonder whats on tomorrow as its May  then.....hmmm.

There is a show on today and tomorrow in Wexford and the coaches were announced at the show.

• Friendly/supportive 3

3 hours ago, McC said:

Very welcome news. I've been horrified at the 2nd had prices that some Craven Murphy Models have been going for, approaching a ton!.

Where are they available at £52 per coach? Can only see them at €69.99 or £63.96

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, Damo666 said:

Very welcome news. I've been horrified at the 2nd had prices that some Craven Murphy Models have been going for, approaching a ton!.

Where are they available at £52 per coach? Can only see them at €69.99 or £63.96

If you are buying from England, Wales

or Scotland the website will remove the irish VAT (23%)

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Colin_McLeod said:

Then presumably add UK VAT at 20% on checkout.

At the moment we're shipping from Dublin DAP, so you'll not pay any VAT at point of purchase, (and free post over £100) and then pay 20% HMRC VAT on arrival with DHL.

Edited by McC
  • Informative/Useful 1

2 hours ago, McC said:

At the moment we're shipping from Dublin DAP, so you'll not pay any VAT at all, (and free post over £100) and then pay 20% on arrival with DHL.

I'm kinda confused. What will we be paying DHL for?

I'm sure its a simple answer and I'm missing something, but for clarity: Is it that in England, Wales or Scorland we will buy it from Dublin excluding (Irish) VAT but DHL will apply the VAT and we'll have to pay them before it's delivered. Is this correct?

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Damo666 said:

I'm kinda confused. What will we be paying DHL for?

I'm sure its a simple answer and I'm missing something, but for clarity: Is it that in England, Wales or Scorland we will buy it from Dublin excluding (Irish) VAT but DHL will apply the VAT and we'll have to pay them before it's delivered. Is this correct?

OK, thanks @McC for responding with an 'Agree'.

Follow-on question then, if you don't mind. At what monarary level will UK HM Custons & Revenue look to apply Customs Duty or Excise Duty? I've not bought any items of value from the EU since Brexit, so don't know what happens. From this HMR&C web link, it would appear that 3 coaches may invoke some sort of additional fee (over £135).

Edited by Damo666
typo

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Damo666 said:

OK, thanks @McC for responding with an 'Agree'.

Follow-on question then, if you don't mind. At what monarary level will UK HM Custons & Revenue look to apply Customs Duty or Excise Duty? I've not bought any items of value from the EU since Brexit, so don't know what happens. From this HMR&C web link, it would appear that 3 coaches may invoke some sore of additional fee (over £135).

Basically DHL will collect 20% VAT with a small surcharge (normally £3.50 compensated by us not charging for the shipping at all) and that’s it. No duties or excise duty of any kind is payable. We’ve been shipping this way for a number of months now with 100% success rate. 

• Informative/Useful 2

Lovely to see these early days cie coaches, us irish railway enthusiast's need them?, altho I've already pre ordered 6 of them !?, I'm still waiting on 19!! YES 19 other promises that havnt  materialised yet?, I wonder if that would be the same situation if I was an accurascale customer?????

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
44 minutes ago, Paul the painter said:

Lovely to see these early days cie coaches, us irish railway enthusiast's need them?, altho I've already pre ordered 6 of them !?, I'm still waiting on 19!! YES 19 other promises that havnt  materialised yet?, I wonder if that would be the same situation if I was an accurascale customer?????

Hi Paul!

Feel free to drop us a line if you need to check any orders but the only irish lines announced and not delivered yet are the Mark 2’s (same as accurascale) which are due in the coming months and the newly announced ICR multiple units and now these Park Royals? 

Edited by McC

• RMweb Gold
23 hours ago, Bucoops said:

Great to see some more Irish stuff - two reasons - 1) it's your roots which have been a little eclipsed by the British stuff and 2) I don't model Irish so my wallet gets a break from all the British stuff 😆

Yes but it gets more & more tempting every time they add a little bit of something  

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

Once had an interesting ride from Limerick to Waterford in one of these, including the famous Limerick Junction Hoedown to get us into a bay platform facing the wrong way for the rest of the journey, and a prolonged station stop at Tipperary whilst a nun expertly backed herself down the ladder out of the loco having presumably copped a cab ride.

Mystic Wombat senses a Dutch van might be coming next.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
25 minutes ago, Colin_McLeod said:

Would Park Royals and Cravens be seen together in a train?

Absolutely, along with Laminates, 6-wheelers etc, etc!

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1