Graham Farish Autumn 2023 announcements

AY Mod

20 minutes ago, Steven B said:

Any insight into the other "missing" Farish Models?

2016-17:

377-207A 8 Plank Wagon with Coke Rails BR Grey

377-803 FNA Nuclear Flask Wagon DRS

2018:

371-703 Class 350 4 Car EMU 350407 TransPennine Express

371-725 Class 450 4 Car EMU 450073 South West Trains

372-260 Class 47 No: 47814 Totnes Castle Virgin

372-261DS Class 47 No: 47727 Rebecca Colas

2019:

Sound class 101

ReS Class 47

J39

Fairburn Tank

class 14

HEA

SB

Haven't the sound-fitted 101s been and gone?

J39 was I understand very close but got delayed as they weren't happy with the running of test samples.

Class 14 is due this month or next according to the Bachmann website so must be on a boat somewhere.

Again according to the Bachmann website the RES Class 47 47795 "Royal London Society for The Blind" is due November/December. Ditto Totnes Castle and the Colas one.

Same source - HEA Feb/Mar 2024.

I haven't checked the rest but the website can probably provide insight.

Regards

Roy

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Sound fitted Met Cams have been….not quite gone we still have/had a blue /grey one in the shop last week.

The class 47s must be at least 4 years since announcement, if not more.

• Like 1

Bar some of the 08 sound variants where chip supply may be an issue, their website suggests only the 14s and 47s outstanding amongst diesel locos with both having scheduled delivery dates for this year as mentioned above

Rather hoping that next week's "surprise" might be a sound upgrade for the 47, possibly with more liveries/body styles. It does seem a long time since any 47s were released.

Might it be that their supplies of sound chips have been prioritised for something new over the next batch of 08s?

Speculation of corse but all will be clearer in a week's time

Rob

49 minutes ago, Suffolk Rob said:

Bar some of the 08 sound variants where chip supply may be an issue, their website suggests only the 14s and 47s outstanding amongst diesel locos with both having scheduled delivery dates for this year as mentioned above

Rather hoping that next week's "surprise" might be a sound upgrade for the 47, possibly with more liveries/body styles. It does seem a long time since any 47s were released.

Might it be that their supplies of sound chips have been prioritised for something new over the next batch of 08s?

Rob

Just as I am finishing a mill out hardwire on a 47.....

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
53 minutes ago, Suffolk Rob said:

Rob

Sound versions were announced back when the VT, RES and Colas trio were first announced. I will not be surprised to find next week’s announcement also contains rail blue, Intercity and TTG versions.

I am guessing when the 47s turn up that they’d had the Next18 treatment and a speaker fitted. 

Conundrum for me, though it should be the same body mould I imagine is do I upgrade the chassis as I’ve recently ordered a spare green body and a new set of bogies for one of mine.  I am considering how I will add sound as these have the light fittings below the cab attached to the body. 

33 minutes ago, acg5324 said:

Sound versions were announced back when the VT, RES and Colas trio were first announced. I will not be surprised to find next week’s announcement also contains rail blue, Intercity and TTG versions.

I thought sound versions were announced and the rolled back on instead sticking with the 6 pin decoder socket? It would be a logical one for the full sound upgrade and would save me doing the same work as JBM37404 mentions on my current one. That said for me it would have to be original two-tone green.

Roy

On 24/10/2023 at 12:07, Roy L S said:

Off topic slightly, but am I right in thinking that the Bachmann/Farish/EFE Winter announcements will be due next week? The last 3 months sure has flown by and my wallet is only just recovering from the Autumn releases 🤔. Not that it would stop me from finding the money if something I really like gets announced mind and I live in perpetual hope of a brand new V2 one day.....

Roy

New 2-6-2 LNER Gresley V2 in N would be a dream...

• Agree 2