Graham Farish Autumn 2023 announcements

AY Mod

1 minute ago, woodenhead said:

And with the usual 15% discount the prices are under those currently seen on a lot of Ebay items.

Quite who would be paying Ebay prices over the new price item at a model shop I don't know, don't people look or don't these Ebay items actually sell (perhaps not).

The items on eBay are from shops, Cheltenham Model Centre and KJB Models are just 2 shops I have seen selling on ebay. Not sure how many they sell through ebay as opposed to their own websites/counters though, I use them as a stock level guide

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ed-farms said:

The items on eBay are from shops, Cheltenham Model Centre and KJB Models are just 2 shops I have seen selling on ebay. Not sure how many they sell through ebay as opposed to their own websites/counters though, I use them as a stock level guide

Edit: post removed nothing to see here, brain was not engaged

Edited by woodenhead
I am a doofus sometimes.
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

Quite a few retailers do also sell through ebay but they do tend to price higher there in order to cover additional costs such as ebays extortionate fees.

Go to their bricks and mortar shop or their website direct and it can be cheaper.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, John M Upton said:

Quite a few retailers do also sell through ebay but they do tend to price higher there in order to cover additional costs such as ebays extortionate fees.

Go to their bricks and mortar shop or their website direct and it can be cheaper.

Dang I forgot about the fees....nothing to see here, ignore my last post, it was an aberration on my part brain is not engaged.

I have paid a bit more on eBay a couple of times, but it’s because I can use my nectar points. I’ve recently just got a farish mk1 bg and it only cost about £4 in total after converting nectar points to vouchers.  Rails have just had a big delivery from Bachmann…

• RMweb Premium

The ones on eBay will sell. Two reasons come to mind:

• people think eBay is cheap and don't bother shopping around.
  • regular model shops will sell out leaving the more expensive eBay ones left available.

Often the more expensive of the latest releases found on eBay tend to be smaller model shops that can't afford the discounts offered by the bigger names. You'll also find many shops (not just model railway) have higher prices on their eBay store compared to their own website - I assume the extra covers the extra eBay fees.

Steve B.

16 hours ago, davebem said:

I have paid a bit more on eBay a couple of times, but it’s because I can use my nectar points. I’ve recently just got a farish mk1 bg and it only cost about £4 in total after converting nectar points to vouchers.  Rails have just had a big delivery from Bachmann…

And I had a smaller delivery from Rails yesterday - 11 mark 1's in blue and grey arrived at my door. But if you look on Rails website they have one of the SK's on order already yet I have 2 with me, so presumably these are popular

• Like 1

On 24/08/2023 at 14:22, Ed-farms said:

I would rather buy my stuff from a proper model shop, but I have to use eBay because there are no good model shops sensibly near enough to me.  Cheltenham Model centre is my nearest I can just about get to (but that entails paying about £40 worth of train fares for me, and takes all day), so its eBay for me sadly.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Can you not buy direct from the retailers though? Obviously doesn’t work with stuff like Rails’s second hand listings, but retailers like KJB or Cheltenham you don’t have to use eBay. Obviously if the prices are the same then it makes no real difference though. 

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 08/10/2023 at 06:51, Stefen1988 said:

The Thompson Break Coaches in Teak immitate are coming in very early Era 4 with BR Prefix and nummering and without LNER Markings?

Just the brake thirds and full brake have E prefix’s.

• 2 weeks later...

Had an interesting (well to me anyway) thought.  When it comes to distribution of models to shops is there any particular order they are sent out from the manufacturers warehouse?  I've noticed some shops get models a good few days before others.  For example, 374-740 MK2F TSO NETWORK RAIL has been available since Friday in some shops but yet to appear in others?

They cannot all be picked, packed, invoiced and despatched at once. Lots of factors come into play - order size and completeness, status of retailer’s account and credit limits, whether a wholesaler is an intermediary for some manufacturers, carrier schedules, and available time.

Edited by Mike Harvey
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Off topic slightly, but am I right in thinking that the Bachmann/Farish/EFE Winter announcements will be due next week? The last 3 months sure has flown by and my wallet is only just recovering from the Autumn releases 🤔. Not that it would stop me from finding the money if something I really like gets announced mind and I live in perpetual hope of a brand new V2 one day.....

Roy

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Mike Harvey said:

The announcements have generally been on the first Wednesday of February, May, August and November. So if the pattern is being followed it would be Wednesday 1 November.

Yes Wednesday 1st November 

• Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium

Any insight into the other "missing" Farish Models?

2016-17:

377-207A 8 Plank Wagon with Coke Rails BR Grey

377-803 FNA Nuclear Flask Wagon DRS

2018:

371-703 Class 350 4 Car EMU 350407 TransPennine Express

371-725 Class 450 4 Car EMU 450073 South West Trains

372-260 Class 47 No: 47814 Totnes Castle Virgin

372-261DS Class 47 No: 47727 Rebecca Colas

2019:

Sound class 101

ReS Class 47

J39