Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

Accurascale's First 0 Gauge loco.

• RMweb Premium

I'll put my 50p on it being the J67/68/69 Buckjumper. The class 31/37/50/55 have all already been done by Heljan. The Manor hasn't so would be a possibility. But it would be a pricey model and a big risk, they might end up with shelves full of unsold stock. I think the Buckjumper looks like the safest bet. Unless of course it's something completely new Accurascale haven't modelled yet. 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
58 minutes ago, nightstar.train said:

I'll put my 50p on it being the J67/68/69 Buckjumper. The class 31/37/50/55 have all already been done by Heljan. The Manor hasn't so would be a possibility. But it would be a pricey model and a big risk, they might end up with shelves full of unsold stock. I think the Buckjumper looks like the safest bet. Unless of course it's something completely new Accurascale haven't modelled yet. 

It is. 

Out of interest what would people expect something like a Manor to cost in 7mm?

53 minutes ago, McC said:

It is. 

An article in Key Model World puts the price of the Heljan Mogul at 779 GBP.  This is likely to be MSRP so knock 15% off for the retail price.

I'm still plumping for a buckjumper.

John

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, McC said:

1 hour ago, brossard said:

An article in Key Model World puts the price of the Heljan Mogul at 779 GBP. 

I paid £450 for my Mogul (which is a nice model) and they got reduced even further after that. The A3 and A4 ended up well under £400.

Hard to know why they didn't sell (especially given the Lionheart 45xx has done pretty well) but was clearly enough to put Heljan off doing the Collett goods.

Edited by Hal Nail
  • Informative/Useful 1

1 minute ago, Hal Nail said:

I paid £450 for my Mogul (which is a nice model) and they got reduced even further after that. The A3 and A4 ended up well under £400.

Hard to know why they didn't sell but was clearly enough to put Heljan off doing the Collett goods.

Not surprising Hal.  779 was the starting price and the market tends to dictate where the price ends up.  My mate has the Mogul and it appears to be a fine model.  More than a year later and he STILL hasn't installed the sound system, GRRRR!

A shame that Heljan have seemingly given up on steam, the Collett Goods is a fave of mine despite my antipathy for GWR.

We seem to have Dapol and Minerva doing mostly steam and Heljan doing diesel.

John

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

‘it’s a shame none of you were at the MRC talk on Thursday, or ‘Zoom’d in - the audience got three big clues 😉

It’s not a model featured in our current ranges.

It’s a model entirely new to 7mm RTR

and….

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Not done before in RTR, eh?  I'm going to stick my neck out and suggest Jenny LInd.  The 1850s is a neglected period that has a lot of advantages in a scale where space is a serious limiting factor; small highly decorated pretty engines, 4-wheel stock, very small goods wagons, use of space saving devices like wagon turntables and sector plates, even traversers, at stations, no brake hoses to interfere with scale couplings, and rudimentary signalling.  Could start a whole new genre.

If it's a GW 20th century loco, Bulldogs have a lot going for them, attractive, not too big, scream 1930s secondary line at you, surprised nobody's done one in 4mm!

Edited by The Johnster
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, McC said:

It is. 

Yes please. You can put me down for an O gauge manor locomotive. 

I would probably expect to pay £500 - £550 for a Manor in O gauge DCC ready and £600 - £650 for an O gauge Manor that is DCC sound fitted. I think that would show good value for money and amazing to be able to pay in instalments so by the time it has been released, it would be all paid for. 😀

Edited by Trainsandtravel
More info.
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Johnster said:

Not done before in RTR, eh? 

Not done before in 7mm RTR was the quote.  Since the field is fairly new, that doesn't narrow things down much.  LMS, LNER and Southern have little presence at the moment, so lots of choice.

I've no idea of how many 0 gaugers have garden layouts.  My feeling is that it is the smallish end to end layout that dominates.  Manufacturers should cater to the dominant layout architecture.  Producing A4's, as Hatton's/Heljan some time ago, is going to limit sales because the loco is too large for a shunting layout.  Hal mentioned above that prices for these have been slashed.

Same goes for an 8F I think.  ECT are about to release their Black 5, a beautiful model but probably too large for me.

John

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Hal Nail said:

Hard to know why they didn't sell (especially given the Lionheart 45xx has done pretty well) but was clearly enough to put Heljan off doing the Collett goods.

Is that size related? A 45xx doesn’t need such a big layout, and things rapidly get big in 0. 

Roy

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
31 minutes ago, brossard said:

Not done before in 7mm RTR was the quote.  Since the field is fairly new, that doesn't narrow things down much.  LMS, LNER and Southern have little presence at the moment, so lots of choice.

I've no idea of how many 0 gaugers have garden layouts.  My feeling is that it is the smallish end to end layout that dominates.  Manufacturers should cater to the dominant layout architecture.  Producing A4's, as Hatton's/Heljan some time ago, is going to limit sales because the loco is too large for a shunting layout.  Hal mentioned above that prices for these have been slashed.

Same goes for an 8F I think.  ECT are about to release their Black 5, a beautiful model but probably too large for me.

John

I stand, or rather mostly sit, corrected, John!

• Funny 1

2 hours ago, Hal Nail said:

Using Heljan pricing as a guide will only put people off AS products, we all know there is significant margin going on how much retailers slash prices after a few months !

A Manor, or diesel in the Bo-Bo (Class 67) size range to the standard of the OO models I’d be looking to pay circa £400 DCC Ready with sound and capacitor fitted circa £500 with that being THE price, no retailer discounts as per normal AS policy. 

36 minutes ago, Goodnight Sweetheart said:

Using Heljan pricing as a guide will only put people off AS products, we all know there is significant margin going on how much retailers slash prices after a few months !

A Manor, or diesel in the Bo-Bo (Class 67) size range to the standard of the OO models I’d be looking to pay circa £400 DCC Ready with sound and capacitor fitted circa £500 with that being THE price, no retailer discounts as per normal AS policy. 

I have said before (and been shouted at for it) that Heljan prices are at the top end of the spectrum.

Antics quote the price for Lionheart 45XX to be 550 GBP with DCC sound.  The 3MT is quoted at 628 GBP, again with sound.  So, there's a reasonable price range that we can expect.

John

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

For those who don't receive Accurascale's emails an interesting little snippet was posted by them on Saturday evening in an email mainly devoted to 0 gauge 24T hoppers 

I'm confused; what was the news in that announcement? We've known for months that Accurascale are producing an O gauge loco that would be revealed this autumn. Unless it's a clue that it's a class 24....

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Islesy said:

‘it’s a shame none of you were at the MRC talk on Thursday, or ‘Zoom’d in - the audience got three big clues 😉

It’s not a model featured in our current ranges.

It’s a model entirely new to 7mm RTR

and….

Important question for those of us who don’t model in 7mm, will you be turning the shrink ray on it? 

Perhaps it is a DMU? A class 142 or class 143 pacer would be good in O gauge. Lots of liveries over their lifespan and not too big so would suit a simple branch terminus layout in O gauge. 

I collect both O gauge & 00 gauge. I am

currently Planning small 1foot by 10 foot O gauge layout ready for the new Heljan class 153 so a pacer from Accurascale would be very welcome 😀

Edited by Trainsandtravel
More info.
  • Like 1