Graham Farish - Winter 2023 Announcements

AY Mod

• 4 months later...
20 hours ago, woodenhead said:

My green with yellow end 10001 is on the horizon in the latest Bachmann email.

Happy days not often I do an impulse buy these days.

Yes I spotted that, too.

Have one on order from Malcs Models. Gone for a cheeky sound fitted, too!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Andy_C said:

Yes I spotted that, too.

Have one on order from Malcs Models. Gone for a cheeky sound fitted, too!

And I am pleased to see that the black 10000/10001 are down to just 4 Black 10000 at Rails which I hope suggests good sales because I'd like EFE to do the Bulleid 10201-203 next and maybe even a class 41 Warship at some future point.

1 hour ago, woodenhead said:

And I am pleased to see that the black 10000/10001 are down to just 4 Black 10000 at Rails which I hope suggests good sales because I'd like EFE to do the Bulleid 10201-203 next and maybe even a class 41 Warship at some future point.

So you model southern or western - nice. I’m GCR or LMS era 5, so green 20’s, 25’s and an updated loco engine mounted crab 4MT 2-6-0 would be my wish list….

A Crab would be well received and seems sensible given that tooling for the Fowler tender with Next 18 socket and speaker already exists.

As another GC modeller covering the period 1957 - 66, for me a brand new V2 would be an even nicer surprise, but realistically given the lack of any new tool steam from Farish for many years now I am not expecting anything. I think the most one might hope for is another Next 18/sound upgrade for one of the remaining coreless motor/loco-drive tender models, most suitable would seem to be the WD 2-8-0 and the Duchess.

In terms of what EFE might choose to do next in N that is a hard one to predict, if the pattern of following planned but not delivered DJM releases continues (not to say it will), then logic says a Baby Deltic could well be next as that was on Dave Jones's initial model list (third loco after the OO J94 and Clayton) and he even showed a CAD...

Roy

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Andy_C said:

So you model southern or western - nice. I’m GCR or LMS era 5, so green 20’s, 25’s and an updated loco engine mounted crab 4MT 2-6-0 would be my wish list….

Actually Northwest England late 60s, these models would be 'what happened if they survived and were left to eke out their days on secondary duties in the Northwest until failure'.  So the Warship ends up last on my list because least likely to have gone outside of Cornwall.

But a Crab would be nice wouldn't it, been so long since there's been one.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
18 hours ago, Roy L S said:

A Crab would be well received and seems sensible given that tooling for the Fowler tender with Next 18 socket and speaker already exists.

As another GC modeller covering the period 1957 - 66, for me a brand new V2 would be an even nicer surprise, but realistically given the lack of any new tool steam from Farish for many years now I am not expecting anything. I think the most one might hope for is another Next 18/sound upgrade for one of the remaining coreless motor/loco-drive tender models, most suitable would seem to be the WD 2-8-0 and the Duchess.

In terms of what EFE might choose to do next in N that is a hard one to predict, if the pattern of following planned but not delivered DJM releases continues (not to say it will), then logic says a Baby Deltic could well be next as that was on Dave Jones's initial model list (third loco after the OO J94 and Clayton) and he even showed a CAD...

Roy

Yes, the Baby Deltic would suit me nicely!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1977joey said:

Please shrink the Class 117 DMU, pretty please 🙏

It would be nice, a long life and preserved examples plus plenty of livery choices - for me green with small yellow panel would be perfect 👌 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Roy L S said:

It would be nice, a long life and preserved examples plus plenty of livery choices - for me green with small yellow panel would be perfect 👌 

Absolutely Roy,  it's been 9 years since the OO one was announced & I've been patiently waiting & hoping every time the new releases are announced to see it there.

Really need a couple of Blue & grey ones..

Edited by 1977joey
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, 1977joey said:

Please shrink the Class 117 DMU, pretty please 🙏

I've been asking for this for years (as have many others).

But with conventional couplings, not conductive ones, please. I'd like to be able to mix and match units, as happened with the real things towards the end of their operational lives.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, johnlambert said:

I've been asking for this for years (as have many others).

But with conventional couplings, not conductive ones, please. I'd like to be able to mix and match units, as happened with the real things towards the end of their operational lives.

Agreed, even in the green era you could find a mix of small panel/speed whiskers in a single train, I also remember as a very small boy waiting on Little Chalfont station with my Dad in the late 60s and frequently seeing a mix of blue and green coaches in a single four car 115 formation. Common sense therefore to have a Next 18 interface in the powered car and a simple 6 pin one for external lights in the non-powered one. Personally I see no point in internal lighting complicating things, but accept that this is very much an individual preference.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
33 minutes ago, Roy L S said:

Common sense therefore to have a Next 18 interface in the powered car and a simple 6 pin one for external lights in the non-powered one.

Next 18 decoder sockets can be more easily fitted by machine so using those rather than 6 pin would save a few pence. You'd also get better lighting control (head, tail, cab and interior?) and easier sound installations on those that warrant twin speaker set-ups.

Some of the more budget brands (Lais, Rails etc) offer less expensive decoders which are ideal for use in none-powered cars where motor control quality isn't an issue.

Steven B.

• Like 2