Graham Farish - Winter 2023 Announcements

AY Mod

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, acg5324 said:

Black fives and two flavours of GWR Class 158 landed in York today.

So they were right about the 158 arriving before Christmas, just not the livery I have on order though 🙄😂

Oh well. hopefully the others won't be that far behind. 

Tom. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

My wife got me the late crest sound fitted Farish 2MT. It runs very nicely out of the box. The sounds are nice too. I actually read the instructions for this one, and discovered the breaking F2 function (when throttle set back to 0). Doh.

Edited by Andy_C
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/12/2023 at 22:49, Benatkinsonuk said:

Picked up a RES 47 with sound and I’m very pleased with it (pic attached of it on my test track) with a regional 158 on pre order - whenever they might get here! I’m modelling the 1990’s so would love an intercity swallow 47, perhaps next year then reading some of these comments. 

IMG_6374.jpeg

That loos great, whats the sound like? Been looking on youtube but nothing so far.

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, meatloaf said:

That loos great, whats the sound like? Been looking on youtube but nothing so far.

The sound is great, as good as the OO version. I’ve used the chassis of the RES version to give me a sound fitted Rail Blue version.

7 hours ago, meatloaf said:

I can post a video here this week. It’s great, much better volume than I thought. Great responsiveness from the decoder and speaker combined with the active braking sounds really bringing it all alive.

• Thanks 1

For @meatloaf and others that are interested, here’s a video of the new Graham class 47 with sound. 

This is an unlisted video as I’ve put this on my aviation channel (I haven’t done a video for a while!) so feel free to share but only those who have the link will see it, but it’s not up to my usual production standards so won’t released on a public link. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Benatkinsonuk said:

For @meatloaf and others that are interested, here’s a video of the new Graham class 47 with sound. 

This is an unlisted video as I’ve put this on my aviation channel (I haven’t done a video for a while!) so feel free to share but only those who have the link will see it, but it’s not up to my usual production standards so won’t released on a public link. 

Wow, i think thats the best sound weve had so far on an N scale diesel. I thought the 31 was good but this beast it in my eyes ( ears ).

Sounds like the same soundfile used in the new 00 scale 47s. 

Thank you, one will be ordered come payday :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, meatloaf said:

Wow, i think thats the best sound weve had so far on an N scale diesel. I thought the 31 was good but this beast it in my eyes ( ears ).

Sounds like the same soundfile used in the new 00 scale 47s. 

Thank you, one will be ordered come payday :)

Pleasure!

It really Is impressive. This is at full volume setting on the lock but only captured on an iPhone from varying distances from the speaker.

It’s not cheap but I’ve had friends see this who aren’t model enthusiasts, and they’re blown away that it can do what it can. 

5 hours ago, Andy_C said:

Be nice if they release a 47 in Era 5 green with that sound chip fitted.

I am sure I read they will in time, my guess is February we will see another batch of 47's including blue, green and hopefully Large Logo to name a few

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Benatkinsonuk said:

Pleasure!

It really Is impressive. This is at full volume setting on the lock but only captured on an iPhone from varying distances from the speaker.

It’s not cheap but I’ve had friends see this who aren’t model enthusiasts, and they’re blown away that it can do what it can. 

Couldnt wait till payday so put my order in this evening. Cant wait!

• Round of applause 1

2 hours ago, Ed-farms said:

am sure I read they will in time, my guess is February we will see another batch of 47's including blue, green and hopefully Large Logo to name a few

I hope your sources are correct😀 A nice early BR Green one with sound would be very nice. I'm only getting a couple of diesels with sound.  I don't have one et.

I have the Recently released 2MT and Standard 5 steam with sound, and they are lovely.

1 hour ago, Andy_C said:

I hope your sources are correct😀 A nice early BR Green one with sound would be very nice. I'm only getting a couple of diesels with sound.  I don't have one et.

I have the Recently released 2MT and Standard 5 steam with sound, and they are lovely.

I’m in a similar position Andy. Happy to only have a couple of locos with sound, but they have to be something I definitely want if I’m spending money like that. Probably just plain BR blue for me if it’s of the correct era.

Nick

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cowley 47521 said:

I’m in a similar position Andy. Happy to only have a couple of locos with sound, but they have to be something I definitely want if I’m spending money like that. Probably just plain BR blue for me if it’s of the correct era.

👍I’ve a Rapido 44 with sound on order… a 47 would then be enough…. Unless they retooled a 25… or….🤣

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

On 09/01/2024 at 18:09, meatloaf said:

Couldnt wait till payday so put my order in this evening. Cant wait!

Shes arrived!! Tested on a few lengths of flexi and shes great.  Got a few Mk1 coaches and some wagons to run with it. 

Now to get some track laod!

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Date of the 7th confirmed on the main Bachmann thread. I suspect that we will see more 158's liveries announced.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Kris said:

Date of the 7th confirmed on the main Bachmann thread. I suspect that we will see more 158's liveries announced.

I am not sure, they have done 2 batches alreasy. My predictions is another batch of class 47's possibly one as part of the collectors club

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ed-farms said:

I am not sure, they have done 2 batches alreasy. My predictions is another batch of class 47's possibly one as part of the collectors club

For what it's worth that's where I'm putting my money too, couple more in the main range and either club or regional specials. Based on recent evidence, same livery, new number is also possible  although not my preference.

Of course a 158 club special is also a possibility. 

Were I wishlisting, which of course I never would, I still hold out hope for an OTA

ROB

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

SWT/SWR 159 could be a possibility, a centre coach for the 158/159 must surely also be in the offing?

Of course I will also mention the woeful omission of a decent Class 25/3 again...

24 minutes ago, John M Upton said:

SWT/SWR 159 could be a possibility, a centre coach for the 158/159 must surely also be in the offing?

Of course I will also mention the woeful omission of a decent Class 25/3 again...

I would have thought a Deltic or a Peak would be priority after the 47 and perhaps an upgrade to the 37.

Of course a 56 might be coming too what with the 69 taking shape somewhere and another company doing a body upgrade to their model.

• Agree 1