Graham Farish - Winter 2023 Announcements

AY Mod

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, tiger said:

How about a run of Mk2a TSO, FK and BSO in Provincial Trans Pennine livery, to go with that regional special 47475?

if you're doing the TransPennine version of Provincial then you'll also need a matching BG:

37957661166_8dae789be0.jpg

47475 by Dave Jolly, on Flickr

Mk2 FK and BG as a twin pack with the matching TSO being available on their own might work.

Steven B

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

7 hours ago, TomE said:

A couple more class 47s coming from Kernow & Locomotion, the latters first N Gauge release! 

Royal Class 47s

Tom. 

Dang,

I was surprised not to see Swallow liveried 47834 'Fire Fly' in the line up this winter,  but I suppose that it is, sort of....

https://locomotionmodels.com/exclusives/future-releases/class-477-no-47798-prince-william-n-gauge

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 01/11/2023 at 15:54, Stuart A said:

could I please have 47475 in provincial

The loco got around a bit in that livery, Penzance and Inverness for example, so it would appeal to people modelling way beyond its Trans-Pennine stamping ground. 

14 hours ago, Ed-farms said:

Am I the only one who thinks these coaches have Collectors club exclusive written all over them?

For anyone that wanted to complete a full rake, it would mean being in the Collector's Club. They may be better as regular releases. I think it is more likely we will see 47475 (perhaps as a regional exclusive) than the matching coaches, given that it was in the Parcels sector for a while in that livery after Trans-Pennine loco-hauled ended.

On 03/11/2023 at 00:50, acg5324 said:

The Mk2a BFK is an easy conversion, use the compartment interior from a Mk1 FK shortened and attach it to the brake area of the BSO. Yellow stripe and numbers from Railtec.

Roof shell vents would have to be reworked as well. A ready to run one would be more desirable!

• RMweb Premium

Another great announcement for the Farish range 🤗 !

Moreover, reducing RRP of forthcoming models where they can - Bachmann should be absolutely applauded for that - they are, after all, in the business of making money, so they didn’t have to do that - I’m sure many of us have pre-ordered 158s quite willingly [at the higher price] - Bachmann could simply have taken a bigger profit, but clearly felt they would pass on savings if they could 🙂 !!!

I wonder if the RRP was based around tooling and production costs when the value of GBP was worthless against the US$, courtesy of Truss-onomics…. anyway, the non-sound version is £25 cheaper now, which is quite a substantial decrease. Nice to see the 158 in ATW livery as a late addition as well.

HRA was a nice surprise too…. that’ll be a potential discretionary purchase for me, cos I already have plenty of similar wagons and I’d rather build a rake of the recently delivered ‘Lobster’ wagons, as they are a bit more visually interesting and I can’t keep buying loads of red DB bogie wagons - already got plenty of HKAs which are sufficiently similar to the HRA, I’m not sure I’ll be able to justify a rake of both.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, JR_P said:

I wonder if the RRP was based around tooling and production costs when the value of GBP was worthless against the US$, courtesy of Truss-onomics…. anyway, the non-sound version is £25 cheaper now, which is quite a substantial decrease. Nice to see the 158 in ATW livery as a late addition as well.

Yes definitely a welcome reduction. Possibly also helped by the reduction in shipping costs? I saw an article the other day, the shipping cost of a container from China has gone from around 2 grand, to 18 grand, back to around 2 grand over the last couple of years.

Jo

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Steadfast said:

Yes definitely a welcome reduction. Possibly also helped by the reduction in shipping costs? I saw an article the other day, the shipping cost of a container from China has gone from around 2 grand, to 18 grand, back to around 2 grand over the last couple of years.

Jo

Maersk have announced 10,000 job cuts by the end of 2024 due to decreasing demand for shipping, so it could certainly be a contributory factor to the reduction. 

Tom.  

• Agree 1

On 04/11/2023 at 05:50, 47475 said:

For anyone that wanted to complete a full rake, it would mean being in the Collector's Club. They may be better as regular releases. I think it is more likely we will see 47475 (perhaps as a regional exclusive) than the matching coaches, given that it was in the Parcels sector for a while in that livery after Trans-Pennine loco-hauled ended.

To be fair they did similar with 37501/502, you could buy 502 in the shops but if you wanted the pair (you don't often see photos of one without the other from that period) then you had to join the club and buy 501.

I seem to recall it was model rail magazine who commissioned the OO version of the Trans Pennine 47 and coaches so its debatable how high the demand would be for said set if we use the popularity of OO as a benchmark. 

But working on the logic of the Ivatt club model it will be next quarter for the 47's, if we get regional exclusives I wonder what else will follow, perhaps a club exclusive tied in with that batch. My money is on

47475 Trans pennine - either club or north/Scotland

47714 Anglia - Eastern

47747 "Graham Farish" Virgin - southern or the club exclusive

With a welsh Duff for the Wales and Ireland area

• Like 1

On 03/11/2023 at 10:11, TomE said:

A couple more class 47s coming from Kernow & Locomotion, the latters first N Gauge release! 

Royal Class 47s

Tom. 

While those Royal 47s do look nice, there will be a slight inaccuracy with 47799 - the model doesn't look like it will have a flush front at the No2 end which the real locomotive has.

Graham Farish are releasing two 158s in the same livery it seems?

158816 and 158849 both regional railways.

That's fair enough as you could run them together.

I wonder though if one of them is actually going to appear with EXPRESS on the side?

It just seems a bit unlike Bachmann to release two units in the same livery at the same time. 

Does anyone know what destination blinds will be on the models?  I realise they will be tiny so it doesn't really matter v much. I'm just trying to decide which one to order!

Cheers

Tim

• RMweb Premium
18 minutes ago, bluedepot said:

Graham Farish are releasing two 158s in the same livery it seems?

158816 and 158849 both regional railways.

That's fair enough as you could run them together.

I wonder though if one of them is actually going to appear with EXPRESS on the side?

It just seems a bit unlike Bachmann to release two units in the same livery at the same time. 

Does anyone know what destination blinds will be on the models?  I realise they will be tiny so it doesn't really matter v much. I'm just trying to decide which one to order!

Cheers

Tim

158816 is for Milford Haven

158849 is for Liverpool Lime Street

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, acourtrail said:

While those Royal 47s do look nice, there will be a slight inaccuracy with 47799 - the model doesn't look like it will have a flush front at the No2 end which the real locomotive has.

Probably why Rails went for 47628 SDG rather than 47484 IKB, 484 being the other way around to 799 in having the flush front at No1 end....

Might mean that the tooling can't do different ends at the same time. Be nice if it could though.

Edited by Davexoc
correction

• RMweb Premium
On 05/11/2023 at 00:36, TomE said:

Maersk have announced 10,000 job cuts by the end of 2024 due to decreasing demand for shipping, so it could certainly be a contributory factor to the reduction. 

Tom.  

My day job is software for large marine insurance buyers, and the container lines are all panicking a bit too as all the new ships ordered during the covid boom are now being delivered, just as everyone’s warehouses are full and the cost of living is way up! The value of the ships has tanked too, but the new ones have been purchased at ‘peak’ prices!

I note all the RoS discounts on Dapol stuff at the moment, whilst Farish prices seem to be sticking higher, both retail and (lack of) discounted. Great that they’re managing to get stuff into shops quickly though, even if I don’t ‘need’ any of it!

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, bluedepot said:

Bachmann did something similar with the second run of class 90s - most of the liveries were a copy and paste of the first batch but with running numbers changed. Hence we've seen 90005 Financial Times and 90006 High Sheriff, both in Intercity Swallow rather than a release in Intercity Mainline livery.

At least they're now upping the number of models per release which has to be better than everything selling out on pre-order.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Davexoc said:

Probably why Rails went for 47628 SDG rather than 47484 IKB, 484 being the other way around to 799 in having the flush front at No1 end....

Might mean that the tooling can't do different ends at the same time. Be nice if it could though.

Possibly more because 628 was part of the sales rep exclusives in OO so the artwork was 100% theirs, whereas the only 484 they have done in OO was for Kernow who may have some rights on the artwork - no idea personally but just a guess.

However looking at the range all 7 class 47's have recessed headcode panels at both ends, so they may not have tooled this option at all. Guess we will see when the 2nd batch comes along in Feb 🤞

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Ed-farms said:

However looking at the range all 7 class 47's have recessed headcode panels at both ends, so they may not have tooled this option at all. Guess we will see when the 2nd batch comes along in Feb 🤞

Flush fronted 47522 was done as a train set only release. The real thing was somewhat accident prone because it was flush fronted at both ends while in blue, then in apple green (GF model 2017ish), but after a smash at No2 end, emerged with a recessed panel in parcels red/grey.

Flush fronts were quite common, but not that many at both ends, hence the wondering if either, and or is a possibility....