Graham Farish - Winter 2023 Announcements

AY Mod

• RMweb Gold

We saw the OO 69 EP at Warley and if the N Gauge model is being developed in parallel we might EPs for that perhaps? 

Tom. 

17 hours ago, Suffolk Rob said:

For what it's worth that's where I'm putting my money too, couple more in the main range and either club or regional specials. Based on recent evidence, same livery, new number is also possible  although not my preference.

I'm not sure on the mouldings/variations in bodywork etc, but an early 47 in green would be nice for me.

12 hours ago, John M Upton said:

Of course I will also mention the woeful omission of a decent Class 25/3 again...

Yep - my fav diesel.

Edited by Andy_C

• RMweb Gold
18 hours ago, Suffolk Rob said:

Were I wishlisting, which of course I never would, I still hold out hope for an OTA

I still think there is untapped potential for more 20'9" chassis wagons.  The VDA has been a gaping hole for forever (I know there was a TPM kit back in the day, and now available from the N Gauge Society - but you need a chassis and roof to complete).

Along with it VBA's, VCA's, departmental variants.

But now there is a competitor with Rapido producing the OAA, perhaps they will be from that stable (along with OTAs) 

Edited by Stuart A
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Class 150/1 in FGW Pink/Purple and GWR Green? I know i'd want either, or both......

Edited by Geep7

• RMweb Premium

Class 319 in Southern colours is a day one purchase for me, less so a Connex example but would still consider it.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

5 hours ago, bluedepot said:

+1 for the 25/3!

also class 105 or 117 would be great, as Bachmann have all the drawings and research done anyway for oo.

tim

Another vote for a 117, One i've been wishing for years since the OO one was announced

On 29/01/2024 at 17:53, Suffolk Rob said:

Were I wishlisting, which of course I never would, I still hold out hope for an OTA

That makes 2 of us, preferably with an intercity mainline 37/4 to go with it - this is the last main livery to be done on the 37/4's since the retool and anyone modelling Scotland or Buxton in the 80's or 90's needs at least once

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Intercity Mainline would be nice to see on the 37/4. It's not the only missing livery though. Unbranded triple grey and EW&S/EWS are also missing. As a one off, there's also the version of green that 37403/D6607 wore.

What I'd really like a Mk2 brake-first (non-aircon and air-con versions please!)

Steven B

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Steven B said:

Intercity Mainline would be nice to see on the 37/4. It's not the only missing livery though. Unbranded triple grey and EW&S/EWS are also missing. As a one off, there's also the version of green that 37403/D6607 wore.

What I'd really like a Mk2 brake-first (non-aircon and air-con versions please!)

Steven B

No Transrail on the current tooling yet either, I'm still amazed they've never done any other EWS ones considering how far they roamed. I can't help but think a lot of the production time used for the niche regional exclusives (which often seem to linger on the shelves and get discounted heavily) would be better used on some of the obvious big hits.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, 1977joey said:

Another vote for a 117, One i've been wishing for years since the OO one was announced

I agree that this would be a wonderful model to have in N but I am not holding my breath. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Steven B said:

Steven B

I'd like them just to do another run of the MK2 TSO in blue/grey, but I guess I'm being greedy!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steven B said:

Steven B

Accurascale gave strong hints last year that the MK2B and/or MK2C are to be shrunk. I would love to see a MK2D BFK, but unlikely it will be produced in N.

I would not say no to the Bs and Cs

es grüßt

pc 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Ed-farms said:

That makes 2 of us, preferably with an intercity mainline 37/4 to go with it - this is the last main livery to be done on the 37/4's since the retool and anyone modelling Scotland or Buxton in the 80's or 90's needs at least once

Absolutely

20s 24/25s 37s 55s seem to the last diesels awaiting sound upgrade (sure I may have missed one)and its hard to imagine they aren't in the pipeline, when seems to be the million dollar question but I'd like to think we'll see at least a couple of them in this year's  4 announcements

Hopefully those upgrades bring some new body variants with them, the 25/3 0f course but also split nose 80s 37s with doors and the later Drs 20s. The more 37s in 80s 90s scottish liveries the better from my point of view with the added hope that any chassis redesign also addresses the body/bogie gap

Rob

16 hours ago, Ed-farms said:

IC Mainline has been done on the OO 401 so wouldn't over surprise me if it pops up on a refreshed version one day. Proper IC would be good also. 7 examples in the 1990s 152/221/251/505/510/683/685 and 1 in 254 for the modern era.

7 hours ago, JBM37404 said:

IC Mainline has been done on the OO 401 so wouldn't over surprise me if it pops up on a refreshed version one day. 

This is my logic/hope, they seem to use the artwork prep to make N gauge versions so hopefully the intercity 37401 can be shrunk this year. If they do I may end up buying  a few for renumbering

• RMweb Gold

If they announce a Class 25/3, a class 117 DMU, Mk1 POT TPO stowage coaches, 37350/D6700 in BR green, Tiphook KPA bogie hoppers, POA scrap wagons, 55002 in two tone green with full yellow ends and OTA timber wagons I’ll be surprised, delighted and poor in equal measure. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The Pilotman said:

If they announce a Class 25/3, a class 117 DMU, Mk1 POT TPO stowage coaches, 37350/D6700 in BR green, Tiphook KPA bogie hoppers, POA scrap wagons, 55002 in two tone green with full yellow ends and OTA timber wagons I’ll be surprised, delighted and poor in equal measure. 

If its any comfort they won't do D6700/37350 this quarter. I have a 37 put to one side to head off for conversion as 37350 in 80's token green repaint. Will be the quarter after that it comes 😅

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, The Pilotman said:

I would have that lot as well here's hoping but not all in one go 

John 

Edited by jbqfc
spelling
  • Like 1